Food

Skull

Yeah, I'm worried about putting on weight, so I may actually get a membership to the school gym. But I'm going to try just getting out and being active daily, walking around the city first.

That's what I said too, "I'll get a membership once I settle in".....then midterm studying....then finals studying.....then midterm studying....you get the point. If you even so much as think about getting a membership, do it NOW so you get the 'wasted money' feeling if you don't do it.

Living on campus I never really got out enough to constitue 'activity', mostly because it was below freezing for 7 of the 8 months of the school year.

Oh, and if anyone is wondering how I cut my tenderloin, it's pretty much like this video, except I throw the ends into a slow cooker with some veggies and make a roast of them. And maybe a little more stewing beef / stirfry chunks. Delishious cuts of meat, on a student's budget.

I told myself I wouldn't gain the freshman 15 or whatever it is.

It was super nice that my schedule made it impossible to eat a ton. My college's meal plan system is similar to Boros', so it's easy to get out of hand. But I had morning classes, so I didn't eat breakfast and always ate a chicken caesar salad for lunch, and had whatever I wanted for dinner.

I also ran at the school track a bit and swam when I could. I don't think I could stand gaining wait. My little sister teased me about gaining weight, so I had to prove her wrong.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Breakfast is typically considered as the 'most important meal of the day' because it's exactly what's in the name: Breaking of a fast. When your body has not had any food for many hours (during sleep), it 'needs' food to keep blood sugar levels stable, keep metabolism high and provides energy for day to day activities. It also helps concentration too.

Weight gain is typical for those who skip breakfast as those who does the malpractice tends to get cravings due to very low blood sugar levels, thus often overeating. Combined with poor metabolism and lack of exercise, the result is what 1/3 of american adults are today.

Unspam:

filetofish.jpg

It seems like everyone has their own opinion on the most important meal of the day. Why do you say it's breakfast? Just curious. :)

I say lunch just because it's my breakfast. I don't eat breakfast. I also generally dislike most "breakfast foods."

It seems like everyone has their own opinion on the most important meal of the day. Why do you say it's breakfast? Just curious. :)

I say lunch just because it's my breakfast. I don't eat breakfast. I also generally dislike most "breakfast foods."

By definition, a more accurate description would be 'brunch', since it fits the criteria of being the first thing you eat in the day, as well as meeting the criteria of eating at the middle of the day.

Well, I find now that I like my salad more than the breakfast foods, so if I do try to eat breakfast, I won't be hungry to eat lunch, and to me, a salad is healthier than the breakfast foods they serve at my college.

I found this summer, since I had to wake up early everyday for work, that I'm not hungry at all in the mornings. If I ever eat breakfast, it's a late one (for example, I ate breakfast at 11am today and was able to eat a lot).

I wonder if just gradually eating breakfast every day I'll get back into the habit. I just can't seem to eat a whole lot in the mornings anymore.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

You're missing the point of having a breakfast.

Breakfast is supposed to provide energy that lasts throughout the day, keep you from cravings during lunch (salad isn't necessarily healthy. how much dressing do you put on that thing? and do you actually satisfy your hunger when you have it?), raise concentration levels, and to keep metabolism high. By having breakfast late, you miss at least three of the key reasons (and lose out on the benefits) of having breakfast.

I think it would be easier to transition from having a small breakfast since you don't feel hungry in the morning, to having a large® breakfast. I think you're more likely to fail to transition into the habit if you shifted the schedule...

FullBreakfast.jpg

Breakfast is supposed to provide energy that lasts throughout the day, keep you from cravings during lunch (salad isn't necessarily healthy. how much dressing do you put on that thing? and do you actually satisfy your hunger when you have it?), raise concentration levels, and to keep metabolism high. By having breakfast late, you miss at least three of the key reasons (and lose out on the benefits) of having breakfast.

I think it would be easier to transition from having a small breakfast since you don't feel hungry in the morning, to having a large® breakfast. I think you're more likely to fail to transition into the habit if you shifted the schedule...

FullBreakfast.jpg

Regarding breakfast, statistically speaking, most people who eat breakfast weight ~5lbs less than those who don't. I'd have to find that study, so just take my word for it for now.

To unspam:

62yZU.jpg

Steak and Shake is just so delicious at 1AM.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Breakfast is typically considered as the 'most important meal of the day' because it's exactly what's in the name: Breaking of a fast. When your body has not had any food for many hours (during sleep), it 'needs' food to keep blood sugar levels stable, keep metabolism high and provides energy for day to day activities. It also helps concentration too.

Weight gain is typical for those who skip breakfast as those who does the malpractice tends to get cravings due to very low blood sugar levels, thus often overeating. Combined with poor metabolism and lack of exercise, the result is what 1/3 of american adults are today.

Unspam:

filetofish.jpg

I used to like that when I was younger.

I probably would still like that if I had it now..

But I would have

FullBreakfast.jpg

over that any day of the week.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

FullBreakfast.jpg

Regarding breakfast, statistically speaking, most people who eat breakfast weight ~5lbs less than those who don't. I'd have to find that study, so just take my word for it for now.

I remember reading on cracked that that's a myth, and apparently skipping breakfast actually helps you lose weight. Don't know how reliable cracked is, though.

During the week, while at school, I eat breakfast and tea (or dinner or whatever, I've always called it tea) and skip lunch. But on the weekends, or days off school in general, I skip breakfast and eat lunch and tea. Something I noticed some time ago.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

OHMYGOD. The food here on campus is amazing. Just had my first dinner here. There's 3 places that accept the meal plan, a main dining hall which is like a buffet, with an option for asian food, and changes up its menu between times of the night for people's preferences. Then there's an Italian place and a Mexican place which aren't all you can eat, but it's quality food with fountain drinks/unlimited refills.

And it feels like it's free since it's on my meal planicon_razz.gif

And this, boys and girls, is why I gained 40 lbs in my first year of university. I have lost it all, but I still have physical side effects from all that weight gained in such a short time. Unlimited 'free' meals + tasty options + mass produced food = freshman 15 without even noticing it.

Speaking of school, I'm headed back to school in a couple weeks and I need meal ideas. Last year I lived on noodles, meat and sauce and I need some more ideas as to what to make. The ingredients that I always have on hand are;

Ground beef

Beef tenderloin (usually make a few 'steaks', some beef chunks for stew etc, and a roast)

Chicken breasts

Pork tenderloin (same as beef tenderloin as for what I make of it)

Pasta of all sorts

Rice

A potatoe or two

I'm open to buying some ingredients, but I am a student so money is tight. Oh, and I also have a cheap spice rack with ~20 of the basic spices.

Thanks

First thing, don't use beef tenderloin for stews! One, it's a pricey cut of meat, best to just make a steak from it. If you have scraps, either make something like a stroganoff or chop/mince it up for steak tartare or a burger. Two, when you stew an originally tender cut of meat for an hour or two it actually toughens up quite a bit. For real hearty beef stews you want "stewing beef", which is generally really tough and full of sinew etc. When you stew this with veggies, spices, red wine/stock/water + cube for 3-4+ hours you get meltingly tender meat that falls completely to pieces. You get way more flavour using this than tenderloin, and it's WAY cheaper.

Make up batches of bolognaise style pasta sauce with mince. Chuck in carrots, peppers, onion, garlic, zucchini, mushrooms. Whatever floats your boat really. Freeze in portions so that when you need dinner just boil pasta while reheating a portion.The beauty here is that it takes the same amount of time to make 10 portions as 1. Make homemade burgers, beat the crap out of the ready-frozen stuff. Tacos/nachos/buritos galore.

For chicken breasts, get some veggies and do a stir fry? Or pound them to even thickness, dredge in flour and fry in a pan. When done, take out of pan and chuck in some half and half or single cream, pepper, lemon (bottled works like a charm) and possibly some capers if you like them. Serve with pasta.

My main problem when I was a student was that I hated cooking for just one portion. My solution was generally either cook in bulk and freeze, or invite friends over (you can get them to bring the beer ;-) )

Siobhana.jpeg

Siobhana.png

Siobhana.png

Ty Jeppoz for making it. Thx to the Pup for finding it after it got lost :D And thx to Kill_Life and Turtle for the ava.

Stoltenberg, 22/7-11: "We will retaliate with more democracy" In remembrance of Oslo/Utøya. May we never forget, nor be pulled down to the level of the beast

FullBreakfast.jpg

I remember reading on cracked that that's a myth, and apparently skipping breakfast actually helps you lose weight. Don't know how reliable cracked is, though.

That wouldn't make much sense - I think that borders on starvation instead.

@Siobaby; I believe 'Stewing Beef' is the cut generally referred to as 'Chuck beef', preferably 80/20. Also, apparently making pasta sauces with Italian sausages is superior to using ground beef :o

Well, stewing beef can refer to several different cuts. I know flank, skirt and neck atleast are used, but not too sure on the naming of all the "cow pieces" in english :-) And yep, I'd think pasta sauce from italian sausages would rock, but keep in mind that sausages often contain pork (which isn't eaten by everyone for a myriad of reasons), and there could also be a cost issue for people living on a student's income :)

Siobhana.jpeg

Siobhana.png

Siobhana.png

Ty Jeppoz for making it. Thx to the Pup for finding it after it got lost :D And thx to Kill_Life and Turtle for the ava.

Stoltenberg, 22/7-11: "We will retaliate with more democracy" In remembrance of Oslo/Utøya. May we never forget, nor be pulled down to the level of the beast

I like mine rare but I will settle for medium rare.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.