Personal Care/Hygeine?

DragnFly

I thought I would ask, what sort of personal care and hygeine do you guys practice?

How often do you usually shower?

What sort of personal care products do you use (shampoos, conditioners, deodorants, colognes/perfumes, hair products, soaps/bodywash, toothpaste, aftershave, etc...)?

Do you exercise regularly? If so, how long/often?

Do you work out (whether at a gym or at home)?

Basically, anything that can pertains to your personal health, well being, or general hygeine is what I am asking. For example, talk about dietary/suppliments is also welcome (along with other topics related to health/hygeine).

As for me:

I generally shower daily or every other day.

At the moment, the personal care products I use are Selsun Blue (dandruff shampoo), Tresemme (Regular Shampoo & Conditioner), Axe's Excite brand (body wash + deodorant + body spray), Crest Anti-Cavity toothpaste, and LA Looks hair gel.

I do not currently exercise regularly (other than day to day stuff), though I am thinking of adding a 10-15 minute walk into my days.

A few TIFers have taken to not using shampoo, something about making your hair better over the long run or something. I've never used shampoo because my hair is extremely short anyways.

Anyways, I shower once a day and use either Irish Spring or Old Spice body wash. Apply Old Spice deodorant after shower and after waking up. Brush teeth before bed and after waking up with whatever toothpaste my parents buy, which happens to be Colgate whitening toothpaste right now.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I shower daily, sometimes twice. For exercise I love mountain biking, if I can't get out mountain biking I'll street bike at least 15 miles a day. But then I also do a lot of rock climbing during the summer time, and then snowboarding about 85 days a winter.

Always every day. The only time it would be every other day would be if a long flight gets in the way or extreme exhaustion kicks in (I shower at night). But then I always shower again ASAP (like the following morning).

What sort of personal care products do you use (shampoos, conditioners, deodorants, colognes/perfumes, hair products, soaps/bodywash, toothpaste, aftershave, etc...)?

I use Herbal Essences shampoo and conditioner. They both smell amazing. I use some strawberry body wash from The Body Shop. Ban deodorant. Arm & Hammer toothpaste. Some kind of shaving cream but can't remember the brand right now.

I go for a daily walk.. that's about it.

No.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I shower every day or every other day depending on time of year and what I've done that day (don't tend to get dirty or smelly when you stay inside all day reading/studying in the dead of winter). Also, I'm a night shower-er, or in the middle of the day after exercise.

I don't like care products that smell strongly. I have a... let's call it attractive natural smell/musk (pheromones or something I guess), so I just use products that will keep me clean and keep uncomfortable sweat to a minimum. Head & Shoulders for shampoo, Nivea for Men bodywash, Degree stick anti-perspirant, any kind of whitening toothpaste (I switch a lot), and sometimes a touch of cologne when appropriate. For shaving I use local brand shaving soap with a single-blade razor (people were shaving well and comfortably for decades before we started this multiblade razor thing), but otherwise use mini-containers of gilette shaving cream if I'm somewhere where I can't bring my shaving kit with me (pro-tip: always have a small toiletry bag with essentials at least nearby wherever you go).

Also, people (most often males) tend to underestimate the usefulness of lotion and hand cream. Stuff is good for more than just dry skin and there is a lot of variety to find something that works for what you need it to and often with some nice scents. Can't name specifics off the top of my head because I get a new variety every time I run out (I buy small containers so it's fairly often), but I love lotion.

I exercise as often as possible. Nothing at a gym, but I know a lot of home exercises, utilize my bike frequently, put on my hiking boots often, and swim whenever a pool or lake is available. Also have a pull-up bar. Specifically, an Iron Gym. That thing can pop on anywhere and can be brought to the ground to help keep your legs in place for sit-ups.

Cowards can't block Warriors.

1) I always shower twice a day, once when I wake up, and another before bed. I shower when waking up to help me wake up and be alert for the day, and before bed because I always do something physical during the day (usually gym) and I don't really want to go to bed all sweaty. Sometimes three times in the day if I've worked (I work with seafood). I'll only have one long shower (5-ish minutes) the rest are very quick

2) I using body wash, shampoo my hair around every 5 or so days, and rarely use anything else 'cept aftershave and shaving cream.

3) I exercise every day

4) I go to the gym 5 times a week, for around an hour each session

Also, for those that don't shower daily. You smell like shit and I hate sitting next to you in classes/public transport

EDIT: @TTanT, I didn't mean to, the annoying copy/paste thing automatically did it

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

^Why did you put that all in gray? I had to highlight it to read it! That's a full 3 seconds extra effort!

OT: I shower and shampoo daily, and use conditioner whenever I feel like I need it. Deoderant is applied before I leave the house and I brush my teeth twice a day.

As far as excercise goes I walk and ride my bike everywhere, and take 2-6 hours of martial arts classes each week. Sometimes I remember to work out at home, but normally not.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

How often do you usually shower? Once a day, twice if I am bored.

What sort of personal care products do you use (shampoos, conditioners, deodorants, colognes/perfumes, hair products, soaps/bodywash, toothpaste, aftershave, etc...)? Body wash and deodorants are what I almost always use, but the rest are mainly when I am forgetful or feel like it.

Do you exercise regularly? If so, how long/often? No. I pretty much don't feel the need to exercise, but I mainly get it wandering around and/or doing tasks. Otherwise, I don't deliberately exercise.

Do you work out (whether at a gym or at home)? See above.

Daily

Shampoo and conditioner. Toothpaste.

Yea, play a bit of sport/ go to gym 3 times a week for about an hour and a half.

Yep, only just started though... Still a twig.

I shower everyday, using shampoo and conditioner because if I don't my hair is the worst, and not just because jimmy_jim will make a joke about it. With my weird kind of curly hair when I don't wash it, it's glaringly obvious and looks terrible.

The gym has been good as so far, commiting to going early in the morning has been interesting though, I'm a bit of an insomniac so I'm getting less sleep then maybe I should. But it's that or go alone while it's as packed as anything so I'll take it. Still not entirely sure what I'm doing..

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Once a day, before I go to bed usually but if I've sweat a lot sometimes twice.

Shampoo and conditioner are Garnier fructis, been using that for a while as it seems to work decently on my hair. Deodorant is something from Amway, works really well but doesn't really smell. I use random body wash from Bath & Bodyworks... Colgate whitening toothpaste. Amway 'Pure White' facewash, stuff that you can't normally get in the US unless you work for them. Really awesome stuff though, great for acne. I'm a big fan of aloe vera for acne treatment too.

At the moment I do just over an hour of ice hockey once a week. When I get up to college hopefully that will continue or increase.

Nope.

I shower daily, I don't use any kind of cleaning product though (no soap/shampoo/bodywash) except I do wash my hands with soap and occasionally my feet.

I work out on occasion.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

• Shower at least once per day.
  • Shave/Manscape prior to events. Generally just before every weekend.
  • Head & Shoulders Shampoo (one of the better quality, low cost shampoos out there)
  • Crest Whitening Expressions (Cinnamon) Toothpaste
  • Edge Ampt Atomic Shaving Gel & Gillette Fusion Pro Glide Razor (I don't use aftershave, as my shaving gel leaves me smelling like peppermint.)
  • Aqua Di Gio Giorgio Armani Cologne
  • Deoderant Brand Varies (I generally like a more feminine deoderant smell (AXE), and a more masculine cologne.)

I workout on a daily basis within my home gym. I've never been a fan of daily running/walking, so I try to swim or play basketball regularly as a replacement. Workout time is often 1-2hrs, dependant on my schedule for the day. My job is also quite physically demanding, so I am ensured a workout on a daily basis.

In terms of eating, I have lived my life on an organic beef farm, so almost everything I consume is organic. I have no real vices in regards to sweets, fruits being the most sugar-filled foods I consume on a weekly basis. However, when I eat, it is always in extremely large portions. This is why I try to stay away from unhealthy foods, because if I do eat them, it will also be in large portions. Thankfully my metabolism has always been at my side thus far, and my weight only seems to increase with muscle addition from workouts.

That's all I can really think in terms of hygiene. I guess it might be interesting that I wash my hands, but never, ever use hand sanitizer. I feel that killing all the germs on my hand doesn't help my immune system, and in turn I've noticed I rarely get sick.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

So, I usually shower every day in the evenings. Showering in the morning is a no-no for me because my hair gets all frizzy after I shower and looks pretty darn horrible. So showering at night is better because the frizz goes away at night. I usually wash my hair once every three days (especially when it's shorter). When I wash my hair, I use Head & Shoulders dandruff shampoo itchy/dry scalp care. I use Dove Men's bodywash (clean comfort smell, lol).

For deodorant, I usually try to get the same scent as my bodywash. I don't get gel deodorant, cause that stuff annoys me. I get the white stuff that is dry. I usually use Axe body spray (yeah, call me gay; but some of that stuff smells super good) and use it fairly often. I hate smelling bad in general, so when I think I might smell even slightly bad, I use it.

For hair products, I don't really use any. I try to do my hair without them, but once my hair starts getting longer I'll probably invest in some hair cream (I wouldn't classify it as gel, though) so that I can actually do something with my hair.

Toothpaste is pretty random. I usually try for Crest because it foams well and the mint tastes fresh to me. I don't buy expensive-ass toothbrushes. Just the ones that cost like, a dollar. I brush my teeth twice a day (still need to get in the habit of flossing every day, though). Usually I buy 'hard' instead of 'medium' or 'soft' bristled toothbrushes. I feel it strengthens my gums.

I use Barbasol shaving cream because I like how it's already foamy. I used to use EDGE, but it didn't foam well for me and I felt like I was using too much because of it. I use Mach 3 razors (or whatever they're called). I don't use aftershave cause I don't know it's purpose, tbh. I never get razor burn even though I shave with and against the grain.

I'll save the rest for another post later.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Ok, seems like I might be to least "hygienic" person so far.

I shower according to need. Meaning, I shower after every basketball practice on schoolyear (that used to be 5 days a week though, but that was til the end of this season, don't know about new one yet) + after every PE class or whenever I have ridden to town (10 km's one-way and I have the habit of testing my speed every time that I return, meaning I get sweaty). And also before every time I go out on weekends, which happens like once every other weekend.

On summers, I shower after every workday. And I feel like it is enough, since on weekends I just sit inside at the computer, doing nothing. Living like a hermit anyway.

For body care I use whichever men's shower gel we happen to have handy at the time. ATM, it is Nivea Sports. I don't use shampoo, since it [bleep]s up hair and my hair is a bit too short for it. I also generally don't use deodorants, since I don't feel the need for it and it very definitely [bleep]s up the microclimate beneath armpits. However, every time I go to somewhere special I put on some edT. Currently my one is edT by Kenzo, [bleep]ing amazing that thing. Only gotten compliments. But I rather have the thought of "Less is More", as like my mother says, "nothing smells as good as cleanliness". I don't use any shaving cream or stuff either, my stubs grow very slowly and I just shave with an electic shaver whenever I feel like it is too long or when I head out somewhere. I brush my teeth normally every morning, and have never felt the need to brush 2 times a day.

I don't work out, not at home, nor at a gym, at least not regularly. There were times when I'd tried doing push-ups or whatever, but I've never hanged onto it for more than 2-3 weeks at a time. One part of it is that I am at quite a good shape anyway because of my physical work during the summer and basketball practices otherwise around the year. And the need to ride a bicycle to the nearest town, since I have no drivers' license. Yet.

Exercising as general is pretty much those 5 bball practices a week and 2 PE classes a week, even though later in spring it is quite hard to manage 5 practices, cause of all the exams and such. Next year it will be harder, since my coach left after this season and I will be graduating high school.

I have quite something of a mania with washing hands though. I was them every morning and ever evening before and after getting to/out of bed, every time after I visit the bathroom, every time before eating, and randomly at times, whenever I have touched anything remotely dirty (including computers).

Even with my "lack" of showering I have never been told I smell or anything, even after not having a shower for 3 days or more. I've never had a strong body odour, not even during puberty, and I certainly don't have now. Even though my pubescent brother smells like shit even after 1 day without a shower. Quite opposite, I've had compliments for smelling really good. While sweaty. And not having used deodorant. And just having my edT by Kenzo on.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

It would seem I'm the only guy I know (IRL and here on the forums) that uses Dove for men body wash. According to a bunch of girls I know, the "blue" one smells amazing (there are like... 4 different kinds I guess). Also use the same brand deodorant, since the shower gel usually comes with a a free deodorant stick. Shower once a day in the morning, twice if needed.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

So, I usually shower every day in the evenings. Showering in the morning is a no-no for me because my hair gets all frizzy after I shower and looks pretty darn horrible. So showering at night is better because the frizz goes away at night. I usually wash my hair once every three days (especially when it's shorter). When I wash my hair, I use Head & Shoulders dandruff shampoo itchy/dry scalp care. I use Dove Men's bodywash (clean comfort smell, lol).

Just the second to last post before you. What is it with people not reading the thread and making such claims? On anything?!?!?

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Haha, yeah, I was reading Sarg's post and was like, "Erm, did I write something in my post about Dove for Men body wash?"

Funny cause I think Clean Comfort is the blue kind. So it's good to know another dude thinks it smells really good. Cause I love the smell of it. And Sarg and I both use the same deodorant as body-wash.

We've got so much in common. :3

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I have weird habits when it comes to this particular topic. I shower anywhere from 3 to 5 times a day. I brush my teeth about 5 or 6 times a day.

I shower when i wake up. Then usually i go to school for either Ground School or a Flight. I'll come back home and take another shower. Head out to school again for a flight, shower when i get back home again. The i usually take another shower just before i go to bed. When i have exams or i need to study i'll jump in the shower every 2 or 3 hours just to wake myself up completely and feel refreshed again.

I brush my teeth when i wake up, after lunch, dinner and before i go to bed. I'll also brush it now and then after smoking because i hate walking around with a smokey breath. And for some reason i really like the toothpaste we're using at the moment so sometimes i find myself brushing my teeth just for the taste.

I usually use Old Spice bodywash, Head and Shoulders 2 in 1. I'll wash my hair once a day, every day (usually in the mornings). I use Clearasil face wash every morning and evening when i shower. I generally use whatever deodorant i happen to have after every shower (except before i go to bed) along with an odorless speedstick/mitchum.

I don't really exercise at all. We'll go to the beach every now and then and play some Volleyball, or kick a ball around or something, but nothing intense. I feel like i don't really have the time for exercise anymore because i'm always either flying or studying :(

I probably average between 1.5-2 showers per day. I get in and out in 4-7 mins and like to feel clean :P

Not picky about shampoo, I typically just buy the biggest one at the store, and dove men care body wash. I use shick hydro 5 razor, but been meaning to swap to a straight razor (aka cut throat) for awhile because disposables, imo, are a huge waste and scam. I use any clear stick (not gel) deoderant, phillips sonicare tooth brush + a tongue cleaner+mouthwash. Gucci by Gucci cologne.

See below.

I'm at the gym 5-6 days per week, 1.5-3 hours a day. I go to a local private gym, which gears towards bodybuilders (it's not a planet fitness, and makes Golds look like a planet fitenss.) Typical split is chest-legs-off-shoulders-back-arms-off. abs every 2-3 days, cardio every day to every other day for 20-45mins.

My diet is split into 8 meals. I eat 4000-4500 calories, depends on activity for the day. I eat 450 grams of protein, that never changes. I eat 250-400 grams carbs, and 75-95 grams fat. I don't have a specific meal plan, as I don't eat the same exact items every day/every meal. But the above numbers are what I go by, and I seperate carbs and fats. Meaning I avoid/rarely eat carbs and fats in one meal. I also eat 2-4 different animal proteins each day, and I base carb intake (amounts, types, etc) around gym time and activity, or at least as best as I can.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

School year?-shower daily

Summer-bath daily

Shampoo-fantastic sam's clarifying shampoo

Conditioner-makes my hair puffy-dont use-

Soap-generic liquid stuff

Body wash-irish spring all da way man

Tooth paste-colgate? 3d white stuff

Hair-ha ha, i wear a hat, who cares?

My winning combo:

Shower daily, once again before going out at night (the hooker wash). Dove shampoo and soap bar to get me nice and squeaky clean. Standard shaving cream and straight edge to get rid of the scruff, no aftershave. Dove deodorant (anti-perspirants are bad!) as my pit-perfume. You literally smell like soap (not overpowering mind you) most of the day. Ears are cleaned with toilet paper and a finger. In the winter time I lotion most of my body with odourless hand cream.

Exercise at the gym at least 3 times a week, for at least one hour. Work (10+ hours a day weekdays) is generally done on my feet, and running around the university. Normally one coffee in the morning keeps me awake to do everything with lots of energy, but some days an extra lunch coffee is required.

Fridays and weekends involve getting hammered, so I keep a 4L bottle of water on my desk to rehydrate before and after going to bed. Condoms at the foot of the bed to make sure I don't get STDs.

hiccup.png

I shower 2-3 times a day, usually a quick cold one when I wake up, a longer hot one to relax after work and whenever I finish swimming I'll have one to rinse off. Shampoo and conditioner (usually Pantene or Tresemme, fruity stuff) daily, shave daily w/gel, sometimes a rush job in the shower if I'm late for work. No cologne or aftershave, just standard Brut deodorant. WhiteGlo (I think) toothpaste and a pretty cheap toothbrush + dental floss and Listerine.

As for exercise, there's no gym in town but I swim four nights a week + a morning on weekends. Usually 2 hour programs that I borrowed from my old coach. My primary job is pretty physically intensive so there's that too. In spite of all that I still don't eat very healthily. :v

I've seen topics like these on a bunch of forums (I even think TIF had a couple before this one maybe) and never got the appeal but it is pretty interesting in a way I suppose.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Usually daily, but since I mostly never break a sweat - even when excercising - I sometimes go two days. I always shower after workouts, though.

Usually go for professional shampoo/conditioners, but not the ridiculously expensive ones. Right now I use Stuhr, which is a Danish brand. Bodywash is Palmolive Ayarituel Energy - smells surprisingly mysterious and good.

Deodorant: any roll-on that doesn't smell too strongly, rub off or feels icky.

Dior J'Adore perfume if I go somewhere fancy schmancy - otherwise I use DKNY Be delicious.

I brush my teeth twice a day, prefer the very minty toothpastes.

Yes, I love nature and trek a lot - mostly during summertime.

In the wintertime, I work out at home - used to work out at a gym, but have been very busy this past winter. Aim to work out more this coming winter, as I love being in a useful physical conidition. :)

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

Usually twice a day. Once in the morning, and then after a workout.

I have two Shampoos, one for dandruff called like Clear Sport or something, then second is Bed Head moisturizing shampoo. I also have Bed Head moisturizing conditioner. My cologne is Iv Saint Laurent, I need to get a second more day-to-day cologne though. My hair paste stuff is called Sexy Hair or something, I haven't really check if that's the actual name, but it's what my old hair saloon sold, but it's almost out so I'll probably be switching here soon to what my new barbershop sells. My body was is Saint Ives. Toothpaste is Colgate. Deodorant is Old Spice sweat defense.

I used to go to the gym 5 days a weeks, but I've cut back to 4 or 3 days depending on how busy I am. Days I don't go to the gym I usually try and do something else like a bike ride or something.

tFtfA.jpg