Promissory Note & Choose Your Fate rewards

n64jive

I see that many people in this world hath conflicting and contrary ideas as to how the ring of wealth may help them.

Allow me to set this straight once and for all.

1) If thou consider the possessions of an enemy to be like a roulette wheel, then the 'rare' items so coveted by players are located on a second roulette wheel, that will only be spun shouldst thou roll a specific number on the first wheel.

The ring of wealth affects not the number which thou may achieve upon the first wheel, but should thou gain the precise number to allow thee access to the second, the ring will make thy chances of gaining an object on that second roulette wheel all the greater.

My analogy is flawed, for death is not like roulette, but I hope that thou see the truth within this.

For any specific NPC type (for example, all goblins) and for Boss NPCs, every possible drop is listed on a wheel. There are three of these "wheels", one for common drops, one for rare drops, and one for charms. On these wheels are slots or spaces of varying sizes, these slots are the drops. When you kill an NPC, the "common drop" and "charm drop" wheels spin. Whatever the wheel lands on is your drop. Of course, some "slots" are larger then others, meaning more common drops.

Now, there are also slots on this "common" wheel for rare drops. If the wheel lands on one of these slots, the second "rare wheel" spins. This wheel is similar to the "common" wheel; some slots are larger, there are more then one of some slots, etc. This can be seen at metal dragons for example, where D legs are more common then a visage. Why? well the visage slot is very small, and there are probably more then one d leg slots.

The third wheel, the charm wheel, is separate from the others.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

Forgot to use my ring of wealth but was lucky enough to get a pernix cowl anyway. Sold it for well below medium price but considering it was unexpected I'm still happy. Its also nice to see how respectful players at nex have been (in my experience), waiting literally in lines to use their darts and wishing others good luck.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

Its also nice to see how respectful players at nex have been (in my experience), waiting literally in lines to use their darts and wishing others good luck.

Players being respectful? Dead characters rising from the grave? The end times are upon us!!!

If a giant marshmallow man appears next to the Wizard Tower we're all doomed. :P

• Like 4

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

you sir, deserve... cookies for thy witful funnies :mrgreen:

gona save my darts on my 2 members accs for a bit to wait for things to calm down, and will split mine with some friends when we all use

meamzed.png

Well, I'll be saving my darts. However, used the bonus XP to raise slayer and summoning from 67 to 72 each.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I wonder what "type" of player would not get 4 instakill darts ?

I don't want to think about that.

Too late. Probably the kind of player that takes them as a last ditch item at Armadyl. "You've chugged the last of your brews, but Kree'arra's assault won't let up! You realize the answer lies in your hand, a small metal tip on a wooden shaft, the Insta-Kill dart! A deft flick of the wrist sends this lethal projectile sailing towards your foe, striking him squarely between the eyes. A cry of victory fills the air accompanied by a loud thud as Kree'arra's broken body lies still on the icy floor of room which quickly vanishes, leaving a small item in the shape of a sword's grip..."

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Some people are really wasteful with the darts, I can't see why people would genuinely use them (other than trolling) on anything other than Nex, Corp, QBD, Nomad, Vanstrom, Jad, Har-Kan, Sunfreet and maybe Pest Queen. Because they are the ones that offer potential epic pay off and/or can prove an unbeatable pita for some subject to lag issues and such.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

If you can beat 7 jads you shouldn't have any problem with Har-Akan.

Edit: Also, only thing between corp and nex that is somewhat "difficult" is 70 agility, and if you let that cause you to use darts on something with a 1/1000 droprate vs something with arguably 1/30...well then I don't know what to say.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

The type of people that have been putting up deposit boxes in Living Rock Caverns?

I wonder how many people are using the dodge death and insta heals.

Noctis666.png

Me, for example. I will get 2 darts and 2 dodging death rewards I think (I have not finally decided on this). I think the dodging death reward could be really useful when I fight against some really high level monsters or quest bosses, but still don't want to use dodging darts on those.

In hindsight, you'd probably make more money buying 4 public deposit boxes and then "selling" them to people trying to maximize XP/profits per hour.

Or I might just do this :P

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

3 brews/restores and 1 mage seeds drops... Luck is damn sure a lady :wall: :evil: :cry:

seconcomiha2.png

543rd person to achieve 99 smithing - April 15, 2007

9,167th person to achieve max cape - December 15, 2012

5,345th person to achieve max skills - April 1, 2013

Achieved Completionist cape - April 5, 2013

3 brews/restores and 1 mage seeds drops... Luck is damn sure a lady :wall: :evil: :cry:

PFFT -- if luck were "a lady", I'd be getting MUCH better drops, thank you ... <_<

I like to believe luck is individually subjective, ofc. :^_^:

And to whoever mentioned looting the leftover brews/rests from other ppl had a fantastic point. I personally left half my loot on the floor :-|, only to disappear.

It's also disheartening to read "MegaRich just received a Pernix glove drop." Ugh!

seconcomiha2.png

543rd person to achieve 99 smithing - April 15, 2007

9,167th person to achieve max cape - December 15, 2012

5,345th person to achieve max skills - April 1, 2013

Achieved Completionist cape - April 5, 2013

PFFT -- if luck were "a lady", I'd be getting MUCH better drops, thank you ... <_<

It means that Lady Luck is both spiteful and fair. :grin:

So it really IS a lady. :lol:

• Like 3

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...