01 Sept, 2012 - Behind the Scenes September

BloodAngel

I just realized this was posted on a Saturday. Have we ever had BTS newsposts on Saturdays before? :unsure:

Not complaining, just surprised it wasn't postponed until Monday like usual.

Most BTS this year have been posted on the 1st regardless of what day it has been, had several on weekends.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The good news: Gwd update looks great

The bad news: I won't be able to utilize it for a long time because every world will have all 4 bosses packed with 5+ 138s totally maxed.

Why are there no instanced bosses again?

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE INSTANCED WORLDS FOR GWD. That would easily make it one of the best updates in months.

But yeah, this BTS is pretty good. Much better than what we've had over the summer.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

I don't think instanced worlds are a good idea. All it would do is make the price of GWD drops decrease even more.

Yes, because making GWD equipment more accessible and making it possible for people who aren't maxed to fight bosses before they roll out EoC would be a bad thing... :razz:

I don't think instanced worlds are a good idea. All it would do is make the price of GWD drops decrease even more.

Yes, because making GWD equipment more accessible and making it possible for people who aren't maxed to fight bosses before they roll out EoC would be a bad thing... :razz:

Yes, it would be a bad thing.

• Like 1

Do tell.

I'm just not a fan of locking players out of content that they should be able to access so that maxed players can monopolize yet another source of income.

It's not as if maxed players can't just do nex or kiln if instanced gwd proves less lucrative than before. Yes, it's a tradeoff...but many more will benefit than suffer.

The real problem is that gwd is played as end-game content rather than mid-game. It's quite obvious when someone can camp at bandos for over a hundred kills by themselves that the boss wasn't designed for them. Let's let the people it was originally designed for have a chance.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Do tell.

I'm just not a fan of locking players out of content that they should be able to access so that maxed players can monopolize yet another source of income.

At the moment, GWD items are entering the market as almost as quickly as possible. The supply exceeds the demand by quite a bit. Why would you want the supply to increase?

(Although Bandos is going up atm from the effects of EOC, but once that comes out, everything will go back to the way it's been for ages)

Public executions?

I'm ok with this.

• Like 2

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

I have to say this looks like one of the better months this year. Quests, items, area reworks, bot punishment...there's something for everyone, member and free player alike, with nary a mention of the Squeel or Solomon. :thumbsup:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I have to say this looks like one of the better months this year. Quests, items, area reworks, bot punishment...there's something for everyone, member and free player alike, with nary a mention of the Squeel or Solomon. :thumbsup:

We’ve also got a new Postbag from the Hedge as your letters are answered by some of the weirdest and wildest of your favourite NPCs, and a selection of new items and rewards via Solomon’s store and the Squeal of Fortune.

Cough.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

The first noticeable bit of content since Runespan, and a lot of it. I'll actually happily pay for membership this month. Do my eyes decieve me? No SOF/Solomon RWT ramble in the BTS? Maybe Mod Mmg wasn't just spewing out vanquished hopes and dreams.

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems my mind now purposely tries to ignore the RWT'ing ways of Jagex. It's still there. :(

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

The real problem is that gwd is played as end-game content rather than mid-game. It's quite obvious when someone can camp at bandos for over a hundred kills by themselves that the boss wasn't designed for them. Let's let the people it was originally designed for have a chance.

You are forgetting how old gwd is, five years now. When it was released, and for a good while after, it was end game content. There were no overloads, no chaotics, no nex gear, no familiars (summoning came out 3 months later, and many players had no familiars/low level familiars for awhile, obviously). Considering the best armour before bandos/arma was barrows, few had access to bandos/arma for some time as well. So for a long time, gwd was pretty difficult. It took years for people to be able to solo over a hundred kills (safe spots aside).

I do agree that at this point, gwd bosses are stupidly easy, however. And hopefully that will be changed at least slightly, as refrenced in the bts.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

Honestly, THIS is what i look for in a BTS. This month looks absolutely amazing. I just hope GWD is done right so that it's not ridiculously hard or too easy.

If challenges are done right, they will be a GREAT break from the daily grind. If their experience is decent, that is.

This is how i like to see quests released too. If it's a low-level quest, add some high-level content to access after the quest is finished. So everyone gets a fair bit of content.

The Bontany Bay looks fun to visit maybe once and see bots get banned, but overall it's just not something i think players are going to visit often. Maybe if they shoved chincompas up the asses of chin bots and lit the fuse, then maybe. But am i the only one that thinks it's a parody of Guantanamo Bay...?

The MMG news post kinda' restored *some* of my confidence in Jagex. However, they're going to have to back up their words with action to keep me interested. But regardless of my faith in Jagex, i think i'll be playing some RuneScape this month. And who knows; maybe it'll be a gateway to me playing often again.

Bravo, you have pleased me this month Jagex ^.^

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

Finally a BTS I love 100%, I'm really looking forward the GWD Rework, maybe I'll get back to nex and try to buy that last piece of pernix I need, and I like how the 2 quests, despite being novice, include high level content post-quest :D

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

I like the sound of the new quests. While the story line isn't a particularly exotic one, not evey quest can be a While Guthix Sleeps, Ritual of the Mahjaarat, or even A Void Stares Back. This particular story line is ripe for someone to have an irresponsible amount of fun with, so my hope would be for a couple more quests in the vein of A Clockwork Syringe and its sister quests (and if you didn't find that quest fun, get back under your bridge :P). I do hope that neither of them are too short. I am a bit worried that since the quest being replaced is not very long, and the added expense of voice acting will make them something I can blow through in an hour, and it's always a shame when that happens.

The botting isle is interesting. While I'm not sure how it is supposed to avoid dying as a piece of content, it sounds like a little publicity stunt I could have fun with for a few minutes once the crowds have died down. I am expecting that only the highest level botters will get that treatment though.

Personally, I don't really care about the dungeon beyond the new equipment. If they instance the boss fights, I might get back into boss hunting if I can find myself a team (I like Sara, and I can't do that fight on my own).

The highlight of the month for me will be getting rid of the bots, at least for a time. I've been itching to get back into the sorceress garden for a spell (which is what I did after last years bot nuke as well), but the bots run interference and just suck the joy out of everything on a principled level. At 11 months since I last ran the summer garden, I am eager to hone my skills once again.

The best BTS of 2012 easily, a lot of actual content, as opposed to some previous BTS posts.

Quests will be interesting and means I can mantain my QP cape for another month :D

GWD rework sounds interesting and i'll be keen to finally enter the Dungeon for the first time ever

Al Kharid will be amazing, can't wait to explore the new layout etc.

The bay sounds intriguing, will hold my judgement on that til I see it in-game.

And finally daily challenges...well I always log on and stick to same routine so probably won't affect me, but good for players that get bored easy/don't know what to do

The little SOF/SGS mention is typical of IVPex, but rest of BTS more than makes up for it.

Overall 9.5/10, -.5 for said SOF/SGS mention :/

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

What I don't understand about the Botting Isle is how they'll get the bot (or cheating player) to stay logged in. What if the owner comes back and sees that his bot's being pelted by angry players with rotten tomatoes? Wouldn't he just log out? :P Sounds hilarious, though. I'd want to see it :D

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif