20-Nov-2012 - Evolution of Combat: Now Live!

Randox

I know that I've found a few fun combinations for dungeons. (use kick to make them move after an attack that does more dmg if they move spaces, etc)

Or just step underneath the guy instead of wasting an ability cast ;)

Derpy me.

There goes half the strategy of EoC. #-o

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I tried it in dunge today, and actually if kick hits it's faster and the extra dmg is more.

The ability which I was using is slaughter, which does 100-250% weapon dmg over 6 seconds. If they move it causes them to suffer 3x damage. I noticed that the time it takes for them to move if I walk under is longer than the time it takes for my kick to work. so I actually did more damage if I used kick despite taking up the next ability launch.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

You can initiate Slaughter, and on the next tick move into their square (i.e. just when you pull your weapon back, you can click to move under them, because Slaughter's already in effect). Not too hard to do lol, and triggering any ability refocuses on them straight away.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

So it's been over two weeks now and BA still isn't fixed, despite the dozen or so threads detailing rather "constructively"(to use their phrase) the problems. Problems, which, I might add, should be fixed in no more than 10 minutes of work. It certainly isn't frustrating when they just ignore things like this(one Jmod did confirm that he had forwarded the threads to the proper departments, but that was weeks ago).

• Like 2

So it's been over two weeks now and BA still isn't fixed, despite the dozen or so threads detailing rather "constructively"(to use their phrase) the problems. Problems, which, I might add, should be fixed in no more 10 minutes of work. It certainly isn't frustrating when they just ignore things like this(one Jmod did confirm that he had forwarded the threads to the proper departments, but that was weeks ago).

There are probably a few hundred little quick fixes and stuff. The problem is that these quick fixes in concept look easy, but tweaking whatever the hell is under the hood probably takes a lot longer, chillax.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

So it's been over two weeks now and BA still isn't fixed, despite the dozen or so threads detailing rather "constructively"(to use their phrase) the problems. Problems, which, I might add, should be fixed in no more 10 minutes of work. It certainly isn't frustrating when they just ignore things like this(one Jmod did confirm that he had forwarded the threads to the proper departments, but that was weeks ago).

There are probably a few hundred little quick fixes and stuff. The problem is that these quick fixes in concept look easy, but tweaking whatever the hell is under the hood probably takes a lot longer, chillax.

They could just modify healer LP in a coldfix next week. If any of them played BA before they'd know how durable the healers would need to be to match the new poison mechanic :P

Just that they probably have too long a list of fixes to do and it's inundating them, as usual.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Have they increased effigy drop rate? I got two today when I haven't had one in 6 months.

This is pretty much the definition of confirmation bias.

No. Confirmation bias is when you tend to disregard information that doesn't favor your case or favor information that does support it. Quorra is just victim to a faulty experiment.

• Like 1

I can see 25% & 75% abilities coming in the future. (Abilities unlocked from a quest for example)

Just speculating.

Actually sounds very plausible considering the mechanics of those abilities might be whats more worthwhile using over the possible damage output they give.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Have they increased effigy drop rate? I got two today when I haven't had one in 6 months.

This is pretty much the definition of confirmation bias.

No. Confirmation bias is when you tend to disregard information that doesn't favor your case or favor information that does support it. Quorra is just victim to a faulty experiment.

It's confirmation bias as well.

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

You seems to be unfamiliar that with the release of EoC, Protect item prayer/curse got disabled in wilderness, regardless of world.

Althought I could completely wrong on this. Atleast that's what I heard.

I believe you to be wrong.

What they did do was remove concept of skull/being safe in wildy and make it so you drop everything on death in wildy regardless; but the prayers ought to still function.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

You seems to be unfamiliar that with the release of EoC, Protect item prayer/curse got disabled in wilderness, regardless of world.

Althought I could completely wrong on this. Atleast that's what I heard.

I believe you to be wrong.

What they did do was remove concept of skull/being safe in wildy and make it so you drop everything on death in wildy regardless; but the prayers ought to still function.

This is how it works.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I tried it in dunge today, and actually if kick hits it's faster and the extra dmg is more.

The ability which I was using is slaughter, which does 100-250% weapon dmg over 6 seconds. If they move it causes them to suffer 3x damage. I noticed that the time it takes for them to move if I walk under is longer than the time it takes for my kick to work. so I actually did more damage if I used kick despite taking up the next ability launch.

Yep!

since slaughter has started even BEFORE the stab animation, anything you do after activating it will not cause it to be canceled out, so do what you want!

8f14270694.jpg

Pretty lame-- went to a glacor world and there was only one guy there. Then I realized all he did was attack EVERY glacor once, so he tagged it. Then, despite me doing 99% of the damage to glacors across the room, he'd get the drops because he was the first one to attack it 10 minutes ago.

77yLQy8.png

Pretty lame-- went to a glacor world and there was only one guy there. Then I realized all he did was attack EVERY glacor once, so he tagged it. Then, despite me doing 99% of the damage to glacors across the room, he'd get the drops because he was the first one to attack it 10 minutes ago.

As far as I was aware tagging only allowed u 1 tag at a time.

So as soon as you attack something else your prior tag is lost.

Or is there like special conditions at glacors due to glacytes?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

They really need to do something about Magic. It's underpowered at the moment.

Did they intentionally reduce your damage with abilities if you use a staff, or is that a bug? Melee does A LOT more damage on average per ability. It's not fair.

They really need to do something about Magic. It's underpowered at the moment.

Did they intentionally reduce your damage with abilities if you use a staff, or is that a bug? Melee does A LOT more damage on average per ability. It's not fair.

Really? I reckon Melee & Mage are close and Range is under powered.

bGmskuB.gif