20-Nov-2012 - Evolution of Combat: Now Live!

Randox

Pretty lame-- went to a glacor world and there was only one guy there. Then I realized all he did was attack EVERY glacor once, so he tagged it. Then, despite me doing 99% of the damage to glacors across the room, he'd get the drops because he was the first one to attack it 10 minutes ago.

As far as I was aware tagging only allowed u 1 tag at a time.

So as soon as you attack something else your prior tag is lost.

Or is there like special conditions at glacors due to glacytes?

Probably a glacor bug

77yLQy8.png

They really need to do something about Magic. It's underpowered at the moment.

Did they intentionally reduce your damage with abilities if you use a staff, or is that a bug? Melee does A LOT more damage on average per ability. It's not fair.

Really? I reckon Melee & Mage are close and Range is under powered.

Nope...

I'll give you an example:

Pierching Shot (125% weapon damage ability) with a royal crossbow: 1,588 damage.

Wreck (125 spell damage ability) with a chaotic staff and Fire Surge: 956 damage.

Slice (125% weapon damage ability) with a chaotic maul: 1,588 damage.

When I was slaying Dust Devils in CT with Steel Titan, using the titan to tag one would always give me the drop and XP (I made someone ragequit because I was tagging the DDs before they could hit them and getting the XP despite not doing much damage).

However, sometimes a DD's health would be fully restored, even if my titan had been hitting it for a while (titan's normal attacks are awful, only the scrolls are very effective...).

Perhaps you can only have a few queued targets before their health resets?

2dgucz6.png

Any idea why though? Is it because we didn't attack the monster personally, or because we attacked a certain number of monsters after attacking/sending titan after that first one? Hopefully to avoid that, next time I slay I'm going to attack one and direct the titan at another, then attack the one the titan was on while sending it after a new one.

2dgucz6.png

I'm pretty sure you get ~ 10 seconds after tagging something to hit it again, if you don't it will "reset" back to full hp.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

I'm pretty sure you get ~ 10 seconds after tagging something to hit it again, if you don't it will "reset" back to full hp.

The great part about the dominion tower gloves' minor reflection effect is its ability to reset your tag timer, so you don't lose it. That intermittent 1 or 2 damage may not seem like much, but it can allow you to focus on a different monster without losing property over the other one.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

I think the issue is that the monster is supposed to reset its lp AND lose its tag (both asterisk tag as well as the players drop). The issue seems to be a bug. If the player tags it, then tags another the player should lose their claim on that monster.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

So that's what an asterisk means. Thanks, I didn't know that.

Should as in, it should currently work like this, or that you think that it should be like that?

I'm honestly not sure why they did away with the most damage gets the kill claiming system. It seems more fair that whoever does the most work (damage) gets the kill.

The great part about the dominion tower gloves' minor reflection effect is its ability to reset your tag timer, so you don't lose it. That intermittent 1 or 2 damage may not seem like much, but it can allow you to focus on a different monster without losing property over the other one.

What I'm trying to determine is why for some reason my familiar's continued attacks only sometimes reset that timer...

2dgucz6.png

Im pretty sure i know why... if you dont engage them in combat constantly, attacking them yourself every now and then, then they unagro for a split second and reset hp... observed this at steels on eoc release, mind i could be 100% wrong

meamzed.png

The way that the concept works is when you tag (same thing as target, too mind you) a monster you are claiming it as your kill. Tagging should also assign you the drop. Tagging a monster is something that should be done by the system before you even do any type of attack. Once you tag the monster it is your kill. The only exceptions are boss monsters because of the sheer hunt for them and the effort needed to down them. Should you tag something else that would mean you've not only changed your focus off of that npc, but also the drop too. The issue is, and was noted in beta, but apparently not quite fixed yet - is that people could tag multiple foes and get all the drops.

I guess I still kind of made it too complex... Simplified: you should only be able to tag one thing. The only drop you should see is the creature you tag unless the creature isn't tagged by another player.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

The way that the concept works is when you tag (same thing as target, too mind you) a monster you are claiming it as your kill. Tagging should also assign you the drop. Tagging a monster is something that should be done by the system before you even do any type of attack. Once you tag the monster it is your kill. The only exceptions are boss monsters because of the sheer hunt for them and the effort needed to down them. Should you tag something else that would mean you've not only changed your focus off of that npc, but also the drop too. The issue is, and was noted in beta, but apparently not quite fixed yet - is that people could tag multiple foes and get all the drops.

I guess I still kind of made it too complex... Simplified: you should only be able to tag one thing. The only drop you should see is the creature you tag unless the creature isn't tagged by another player.

How should attacks that hit multiple targets at once or attacking a target with your familiar work then?

2dgucz6.png

From what can see, some AoE attacks hit anyone caught within the area, regardless of whether they are engaged in combat with you or not, but some AoE attacks do not damage unless they are already in a combat with you.

My example would be Ricochet Vs. Bombardment, the former hits anything within a certain range of the target, the latter only if they are in combat with you.

At least it's what it appeared to me, here is why:

1. At the dark beasts, when I had aggro of several, my bombardment was able to hit quite a large radius , something probably bigger than 5x5 considering the size of DBs

2. At Ahrim, when there is someone else with me with their Ahrim out, I use Ricochet, I get a message saying that someone is already attacking that. I do not get that message when I use bombardment, even when they are right on top of each other.

3. In the tunnels, my ricochet goes all the way around the room, but my bombardment never hit anyone within the room for me unless I used ricochet first.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

How should attacks that hit multiple targets at once or attacking a target with your familiar work then?

I ain't no coder or work to jagex, but an educated guess would be to say they fall into the same category as the monsters you left alone. What the system recognizes as your drop is your target. So long as no one pings or full out kills a monster you hit prior to your target you should see the drop.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

a few observations on DG combat:

on release all DG combat was broken easy. Then they gradually started to up the LP of enemies, so that battles went slower. Still fights were kind of easy because damage done to the player was low and food was rarely needed. Lately it seems to me that more updates were made to make mobs a lot more acurate and now it looks like they are hitting me all the time (despite lvl10 range body).

I want to complain, because armour does not seem to have any defensive quality (except the LP boost), but as everything EoC related changes all the time, I am just sharing my observations.

Even with t11 plate and legs you're only talking about 445 armour, versus your best class (so you'd have like 278~ and 139~ armour against the other two classes). When you're dealing with any monster above level 100, they've got well over 500 hit bonus from their equipment, so they're going to hit you very, very often.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I don't think the KQ's prayer were ever 100%.

At least in the Beta, I could get through her first form with ranged, so you should get able to melee her second form, just with less accuracy.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Even with t11 plate and legs you're only talking about 445 armour, versus your best class (so you'd have like 278~ and 139~ armour against the other two classes). When you're dealing with any monster above level 100, they've got well over 500 hit bonus from their equipment, so they're going to hit you very, very often.

So THAT'S what the numbers actually stand for!

This is good to know.

At least in the Beta, I could get through her first form with ranged, so you should get able to melee her second form, just with less accuracy.

I swear Verac's was the only melee that went through her prayer (because of the set bonus), but it's been so long since I've heard someone talk about her, I'm probably wrong.

The way that the concept works is when you tag (same thing as target, too mind you)

Just to clarify something, but actual targetting (pressing "t" and then a monster) does not actual tag the monster as yours, right?

22031_s.gif

I swear Verac's was the only melee that went through her prayer (because of the set bonus), but it's been so long since I've heard someone talk about her, I'm probably wrong.

Her prayer was never implemented the same as players. It was just a *massive* defense boost. But with the advent of overloads, turmoil, and high accuracy weapons like the godswords, our accuracy got so high that you could get hits on her even with the prayer up.

• Like 1

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014