20-Nov-2012 - Evolution of Combat: Now Live!

Randox

People also used Dharok whereas Karil was pretty pointless with royal dhide being 20k and having I think almost as good stats as armadyl.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Which still have limited use in PvP, No use whatsoever outside.

It should have been draining adrenaline and preventing your opponent from using abilities for the next X (maybe 3?) seconds to be actually comparable to Dharok in PvP use...

(This is from the impression that the set drains 5% adrenaline, for such a random effect, that is nothing. I can see torag draining adrenaline at the start of bar empty fight, and then refusing to activate when their pull off their ultimate...)

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

People also used Dharok whereas Karil was pretty pointless with royal dhide being 20k and having I think almost as good stats as armadyl.

No, that was only before EoC. Royal dhide is shit now.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

No, that was only before EoC. Royal dhide is shit now.

Yes, so everyone now has to run and buy Karil because it's the only reasonably priced level 70 armor. People who already had Dharok for pking or whatnot don't need to buy it which might account in part for Karil rising more than Dharok, relative to what it was of course.

Dharok doesn't seem overpowered.

Let's face it, you could 2-3 hit abyssal demons in the past with a whip and one hit them with dharok.

Now, you can still one hit them with dharok but you'll be wailing on them with a whip for 6-8 hits.

More of a nerf to other things and keeping dharok the same to some extent.

The fun also went out the window because the damage is capped for some silly reason at 4.5k or there abouts.

Of course it's easy to cap out the damage and I can do it on momentum with like 3k hp which is pretty safe for like 99% of runescape content nowadays.

But, I'd rather have it the old way where if you got your hps like next to 0 you unloaded massively.

I miss the adventure of seeing how high one could go with the right selection of accessory gear, enemies, and potting.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I've hit mid 6000s on training dummies at combat academy. This was in beta though so it might have changed.

Combat traning and slaying is much much slower then before EOC... Agree?

You're doing it wrong.

Agreed. All combat styles can now get over 300k XP per hour and not just range/mage.

And how is that possiable? I started playing back after the update.

logoskywalk4.png

The pure of flying!

You're doing it wrong.

Agreed. All combat styles can now get over 300k XP per hour and not just range/mage.

I honestly have no idea, what gear are you using? Combat and Slayer is way faster now, but monsters don't necessarily have the same weaknesses as they did before EoC, and using the wrong style will slow down your kills a lot.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Dharok doesn't seem overpowered.

Let's face it, you could 2-3 hit abyssal demons in the past with a whip and one hit them with dharok.

Now, you can still one hit them with dharok but you'll be wailing on them with a whip for 6-8 hits.

More of a nerf to other things and keeping dharok the same to some extent.

The fun also went out the window because the damage is capped for some silly reason at 4.5k or there abouts.

Of course it's easy to cap out the damage and I can do it on momentum with like 3k hp which is pretty safe for like 99% of runescape content nowadays.

But, I'd rather have it the old way where if you got your hps like next to 0 you unloaded massively.

I miss the adventure of seeing how high one could go with the right selection of accessory gear, enemies, and potting.

But you couldn't do 2 minute QBD kills with Dharok's pre-eoc as far as I know.

You're doing it wrong.

I honestly have no idea, what gear are you using? Combat and Slayer is way faster now, but monsters don't necessarily have the same weaknesses as they did before EoC, and using the wrong style will slow down your kills a lot.

Exactly. As far as training goes, the higher rates require higher stats, decent gear, extremes/ovls, best style prayer, and proper style against enemies. From 92 to 99 magic post-eoc, I maintained around 250-300k xp per hour with just magic potions. I could have gained higher rates using the level 70 prayer (Augury I think) and extremes.

Now, I can still maintain that 200k-300k+ xp per hour in mage/range/melee by training slayer. I did a 15 minute slayer task and obtained 80k mage experience and around 30k hitpoints experience. I was using earth surge and no boosts.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Think about jagex's original intentions of the combat triangle. Next imagine them actually succeeding in their goals and expectations for once... That is what they've done. Every combat style doesn't just 'exist'. They all have their uses... It just depends on the monster, and in some cases, the situation. All of the abilities are pretty much tailored the same.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

When using momentum for slayer, are you supposed to be generally getting more, less, or roughly the same amount of XP/hr as pre-EOC?

Kind of annoying how a lot of tasks will have tons of LP, yet only give like 60 slayer XP per kill.

Has anyone come up with a list of what to skip/block to maximize slayer XP/hr?

77yLQy8.png

[hide]

You're doing it wrong.

[/hide]

I'm interested in this also. I've not been doing combat or slayer yet, but with PoP having Slayer as a one of the 90+ skills I know I'll be wanting to train it again soon. Is there a good guide on taking advantage of the post EoC xp benefits?

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

stick around with a dying game...i miss the old days so much, but it's time to move on fellas, whether you're willing to admit it or not

Durmstrang.png

Go Chicago Bears!

"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity

To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment

Would you capture it or just let it slip?"