20-Nov-2012 - Evolution of Combat: Now Live!

Randox

What actually is EEE's effect? Also my friend had to reclaim his after losing it to the Dags yesterday. Is there any additional step after reclaiming it from the Lady of the Lake needed to get that extra -E in there, assuming one's done Seers Elite? There doesn't appear to be anything in the examine or name hinting that it's different...

2dgucz6.png

The key is to let your auto attack do damage as well, that's whats different about Magic, since staves boosts the damage of auto attacks (and only auto attacks) significantly. Ability spamming is for melee and ranged (since their ability damage are all based on weapon damage), magic you need to let your Auto attacks do the damage with Abilities (such as Wrack) fill the voids between those auto attacks.

• Like 1

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

You can do that with Melee and Ranged as well. So that doesn't really justify Magic abilities all dealing the same damage, whether if you're using a staff or a wand.

Auto attack damage is also the same for all three classes.

You can do that with Melee and Ranged as well. So that doesn't really justify Magic abilities all dealing the same damage, whether if you're using a staff or a wand.

Auto attack damage is also the same for all three classes.

No, you can't. Magic's auto-attack works a lot differently than melee and ranged. I'd imagine it's due to the fact that magic uses up runes, coming from a design viewpoint.

It's definitely worth delaying an extra tick or two to allow your autocast to fire off.

• Like 1

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

No, you can't. Magic's auto-attack works a lot differently than melee and ranged. I'd imagine it's due to the fact that magic uses up runes, coming from a design viewpoint.

It's definitely worth delaying an extra tick or two to allow your autocast to fire off.

Even from a practical standpoint, I've seen my autoattacks hit more than twice as high as my abilities.

And because Magic's best ability is a threshold, not an ultimate, you can fire it off a lot more often.

Comparing it to Dharok's isn't really fair, because Dharok's is currently bugged and incorrectly works with abilities as well as autoattacks.

That may not be a bug, but a feature..

• Like 1

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

And because Magic's best ability is a threshold, not an ultimate, you can fire it off a lot more often.

Comparing it to Dharok's isn't really fair, because Dharok's is currently bugged and incorrectly works with abilities as well as autoattacks.

That may not be a bug, but a feature..

Which does not help Dharok's cause, since

1. They stated that Barrow set effects do not work with Abilities

2. They left out every other set out in the rain, since their effects do not affect abilities.

Either way, expect either Dharok's to get nerfed (more likely) or every other set boosted so their effects also work (less likely, but it certainly would make Guthan very useful again).

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

Undoubtedly Dharok's will be getting nerfed this week or sometime in the very near future. I'm a bit torn. Despite some people arguing that this is overpowered, I was personally over-joyed at this. Dharok's has finally returned to the place it was in 2005(one of the best PVM/PVP armours in the game, directly as a result of it's effect; in fact, it even costs the same now as it did in 2005, though unadjusted for inflation). If you recall, in 2005, Dharok's could hit *incredibly* high, far beyond what any melee weapon could hit. Personally when I tested Dharok's in beta(and I did this very often), I didn't too well in PVP particularly against shields, so I don't know what has happened since the beta and the EOC. I'd personally like Dharok's to be fashionable once again, though I suspect it will be horribly nerfed. One alternative to this could be to make it uber rare at barrows; that way people won't take it to Wildy again, and no more of that sort of thing.

Undoubtedly Dharok's will be getting nerfed this week or sometime in the very near future. I'm a bit torn. Despite some people arguing that this is overpowered, I was personally over-joyed at this. Dharok's has finally returned to the place it was in 2005(one of the best PVM/PVP armours in the game, directly as a result of it's effect; in fact, it even costs the same now as it did in 2005, though unadjusted for inflation). If you recall, in 2005, Dharok's could hit *incredibly* high, far beyond what any melee weapon could hit. Personally when I tested Dharok's in beta(and I did this very often), I didn't too well in PVP particularly against shields, so I don't know what has happened since the beta and the EOC. I'd personally like Dharok's to be fashionable once again, though I suspect it will be horribly nerfed. One alternative to this could be to make it uber rare at barrows; that way people won't take it to Wildy again, and no more of that sort of thing.

I think it's too late to make dharok really rare at barrows, would just make people hoard dh sets until they rose crazy high, but I agree I'm loving that Dharok is actually good in pvm now.(It's a nice change from EVERYONE using bandos\rapier)

jagerbluebt1.gif

Thx to MxM for parts of the sig!

I think it's too late to make dharok really rare at barrows, would just make people hoard dh sets until they rose crazy high, but I agree I'm loving that Dharok is actually good in pvm now.(It's a nice change from EVERYONE using bandos\rapier)

How far is too far, though? We're getting to the point where EVERYONE is using Dharok's, and outcompeting people that use the right styles. Calling it overpowered is an understatement.

• Like 1

Regardless of whether or not Everyone is wearing this or that is almost irrelevant when one considers that people will almost always wear the most effective set, regardless of whether it be Dharoks or Bandos/Rapier. If the former is better, it will be worn by EVERYONE, if the latter is better, it will be worn by everyone. Just a matter of what is best at the time.

One of the solution could be though:

1. All barrows effects work on effects, but only at half effectiveness (helps bring the other sets back to relevancy)

2. Dharok's effects is cut in half, IE it only provides up to 50% bonus to damage at near death, and 25% to abilities.

The numbers might need tweaking, but this keeps dharok in the top seat, just not as much, and helps bring other barrows back, even if just a little bit.

tim_chenw2.png

I have been completely removed from the training scene for years(ever since I maxed combat and slayer), so I am not too sure about the details. Correct me if my guess is wrong, but at it's current level of power, wouldn't Dharok's only be really good for situations where the monster weakness is melee(or slash specifically, but the general weakness should suffice too)? Is it really just ripping apart mage monsters and other monsters that aren't weak to melee? I have been thinking of places to make the most of my Dharok's until they nerf it and I can't think of any boss or place where it might be too good. Any suggestions? So far I thought of Bandos, but the hilt is worthless now. Is it good at any other bosses?

most bosses don't have a specific weakness anymore (it'll show a three weapon symbol meaning all types are neutrally effective), so it's open season for them as long as they don't use huge magic attacks

keep in mind that they may have minions that do go by the triangle, though

8f14270694.jpg

Unless Kree'arra still retains its immunity to Melee attacks?

tim_chenw2.png

I have been completely removed from the training scene for years(ever since I maxed combat and slayer), so I am not too sure about the details. Correct me if my guess is wrong, but at it's current level of power, wouldn't Dharok's only be really good for situations where the monster weakness is melee(or slash specifically, but the general weakness should suffice too)? Is it really just ripping apart mage monsters and other monsters that aren't weak to melee? I have been thinking of places to make the most of my Dharok's until they nerf it and I can't think of any boss or place where it might be too good. Any suggestions? So far I thought of Bandos, but the hilt is worthless now. Is it good at any other bosses?

No, it's certainly better in those situations (monster weakness: melee) but it can outperform Ranged and Mage as well on tasks that are magic and melee based respectively. Well, certainly on the melee monsters, anyway.

Which kind of goes against everything the EoC stood for.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

most bosses don't have a specific weakness anymore (it'll show a three weapon symbol meaning all types are neutrally effective), so it's open season for them as long as they don't use huge magic attacks

keep in mind that they may have minions that do go by the triangle, though

K'ril is weak to fire spells. Dharok's is still vastly superior to Bloodfire Barrage there.

Funnily enough, even though Dharok's looks to be most OP, Karil's set went up by 136% in the past 30 days, while Dharok's only went up 69%.

Well, proportionally yes, looks odd, but Karil is like something like 1/10th the set of Dharok, so possibly merchants at work?

I couldn't sell my K top drop yesterday anyhow :P

tim_chenw2.png

Funnily enough, even though Dharok's looks to be most OP, Karil's set went up by 136% in the past 30 days, while Dharok's only went up 69%.

Well, proportionally yes, looks odd, but Karil is like something like 1/10th the set of Dharok, so possibly merchants at work?

I couldn't sell my K top drop yesterday anyhow :P

That's probably because Karil's are currently dropping in price. Looks like people realized that it's not that powerful, while Dharok is still picking up steam.

22031_s.gif