Elite desert task speculation?

Urza285

What do you think we could expect here? Please remember this has to do with the elite desert tasks not the hard ones. While I suppose you could discuss what might be hard, but I'm more interested in what will be elite here.

To start us off I feel we may have to enter the last room of pyramid plunder and open all urns and both sarcophagi.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

What do you think we could expect here? Please remember this has to do with the elite desert tasks not the hard ones. While I suppose you could discuss what might be hard, but I'm more interested in what will be elite here.

To start us off I feel we may have to enter the last room of pyramid plunder and open all urns and both sarcophagi.

I'd be more inclined to go with enter the last room of PP, giving elite task a level 91 req.

Other than that maybe enter the KQ and KK lairs (possibly kill one of them?)

Kill all slayer bosses in slayer well?

Complete scarabas research?

Speak with the 3 wise monkeys at monkey colony?

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

+1 ! Was about make same thread :] Scarabite notes propably, they arent annoying but if tasks get real area will be crowdy for a while.

"Mieć milion i nie mieć miliona to razem dwa miliony" A. Sapkowski

All of those are Completionist trim requirements. While they are hefty tasks are geared more so to test people's knowledge of the area or complete a skilling feat.

I'm thinking obtaining the agility pyramid golden top would be one and turning it in too. Probably a hard task honestly...

How about scaling the cliff wall up near the agility pyramid?

Using the dorgeshuun shortcut to the kq lair might be one.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

89 crafting was mentioned in the behind the scenes. What could that be that relates to the desert area? Making a potion flask or crafting royal chaps don't really have anything to do with the desert, or am I missing something?

89 crafting was mentioned in the behind the scenes. What could that be that relates to the desert area? Making a potion flask or crafting royal chaps don't really have anything to do with the desert, or am I missing something?

Probably something as arbitrary as blowing a flask in Zahur's (or whatever her name is) hut.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

All of those are Completionist trim requirements. While they are hefty tasks are geared more so to test people's knowledge of the area or complete a skilling feat.

Full Temple trekking completion used to be a trim requirement before the morytania tasks so I wouldn't write it off. However scabarite notes are a bit of a bottleneck so I doubt those would become a task. Chimp Ices could though

Also KK/KQ are unlikely to become tasks due to the bottleneck again... Perhaps making your own camel head might be one, im hoping we get a buffed darklight or darklight for other styles from the tasks

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

I'm thinking obtaining the agility pyramid golden top would be one and turning it in too. Probably a hard task honestly...

How about scaling the cliff wall up near the agility pyramid?

Tasks and comp reqs have doubled up before.

Agile pyramid would be easy, medium at best it only takes 30 agility.

Also again the cliff-shortcut is only 25 agility.

Dom tower probably is a logical place for some elites like defeat sunfreet or defeat double nomad

Darklight buff would make sense they did say tasks offered upgrades to to older desert weps. And darklight is about the only thing that could qualify other than Keris.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

- Craft royal dragonhide chaps inside the tanning store in Al Kharid

OR

- Make a potion flask in the herblore shop at nardah

- Enter last room of PP

- Kill a Desert Strykewyrm (Might be too low, though there have been tasks before with requirements in 70s)

- Something Dom Tower related

- Pickpocket the phoenix and add the feather to antifire potion to make super antifire

- Kill X using Y barrage from ancient spellbook

- Talk to your pet vulture

thats all I can think of now :P

Oddish_Diy.png

Oddish_Diy.png

Oddish_Diy.png

Could be make an antifire flask from scratch.

LgEZt.png

Would Al Kharid be counted as the desert or did that already get covered in another set? Ifnot, MTA task perhaps?

I was pondering on this the other day.

In Lumby set there is:

Use Al-Kharid West gate specifically the one near the dg dock.

Mine Iron in the chasm mine

Mine silver in the chasm mine.

So one the one hand Al-Kharid region is largely not tasked out, nothing actually inside Al-Kharid, duel arena, MTA or the plateau with desert strykes and the abbey but on the other hand is is kind of included in a set already.

IMO the logically move would be for the 2 mining ones to move into the Desert set then include Al-Kharid, the gate one could stay in either set comfortably really since it's a border crossing task. Realistically I except Jagex will just include Al-Khari in desert and leave the 3 existing tasks as is.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Would Al Kharid be counted as the desert or did that already get covered in another set? Ifnot, MTA task perhaps?

There were tasks covered by Lumby/Draynor, but I would expect it to be covered again. Tasks like (not neccesarily Elite) wielding the Citherae (sp?), Killing a Desert Wyrm, planting a cactus.

My elite taskset (mind you, I'm horribly sadistic when it comes to these sorts of things):-

- Deploy T4 Dominion Marker in the dominion lobby and/or visit the top of the tower

- Interact with red monkey knife fighters at the Desert Ape Colony (re: complete chimp ice)

- Discuss complete Scarbarite Research with whoever it is that is up there

- Cast B2P whilst inside MTA

- Raid the Jeweled Sarc in the 91 Thieve room (91 thieve is a confirmed requirement, so I'm guessing that)

- 89 Craft is confirmed, likely tan and craft whatever royal d'hide piece it is for this requirement

So you know, the Trim Reqs.

There are those in the EE Vent chat who went even further, suggesting "equip full ibis' or 'wield SOTG' as elite tasks (not going to happen, but for funsies).

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Honestly yeah kharid is the desert albeit the safest part to access or, more preferably the desert start/access point.

Ill be pissed it I have to wield the SOTG because I've yet to find one.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I'd consider the likelyhood of that being a task to be effectively nil, because that would require far more luck than we've seen in the scope of tasks previously, and it would, really, be a giant dick move. With the recent buff (re: feeding snakes steroids) to PP, I'd wager just surviving that long to be a task of it's own.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

I'd consider the likelyhood of that being a task to be effectively nil, because that would require far more luck than we've seen in the scope of tasks previously, and it would, really, be a giant dick move. With the recent buff (re: feeding snakes steroids) to PP, I'd wager just surviving that long to be a task of it's own.

Yeah to date tasks have always been about exploring an area and therefore taking part in/garnering a specific reward from stuff in the area but never really had any related to drops/rewards that are pure luck to get or not.

I could see reaching room 8 being a task and/or opening the rc sarcophagus in there or even obtaining the jewelled statuette which whilst rare-ish isn't that hard to get. But not the SOTG that thing is just insane rare and pure luck.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Barehand fishing a shark for the third time.

• Like 13

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Elite:

- Kill the Kalphite King

- Loot the engraved sarcophagus (91 thieve, 75 rc)

- Talk to Ali the Wise about the Ritual (Ritual of the Mahjarrat)

- Craft Royal d'hide chaps in Al Kharid tanning store (89 crafting)

- Walk with a vulture in Sophanem (85 summoning)

- Make a super antifire potion within Nardah herb shop (85 herblore)

- Enter the top floor of Dominion tower

- Enter Apmeken's tomb (80 agility)

- Enter Scabaras's tomb (80 mining)

- Cast ice barrage on a cho-ice next to a red monkey knife fighter (94 magic, 25 choc ice deliveries)

- Smelt a ring of slaying in Al Kharid (75 crafting, Smoking Kills)

Hard:

- Talk to a cat, a ghost, a monkey and a camel all in the desert with your cramulet (Do No Evil)

- Make a bones to peaches tablet at a lectern

- Enter Al Kharid resouce dungeon (75 dungeoneering)

- Cut a magic tree at MTA (75 woodcutting)

- Read a completed Scabarite research book (Contact!)

- Make an ughthanki kebab (58 cooking)

- Change your spelbook to the ancient spellbook (Desert treasure)

- Kill a dust devil (65 slayer)

- Make a smoke devil at the desert obelisk (61 summoning)

- Talk to a finished Pharaoh Queen in Uzer mastaba

- Play a tune on a holy cithara (One Piercing note)

- Pick a cactus spine at the cactus patch (55 farming)

Medium:

- Cut a teak tree within the desert (35 woodcutting)

- Make a super kebab

- Complete a large casket of RuneSudoku at Ali Morrisane (The Feud)

- Hand in an golden pyramid top at Simon Templeman (30 agility)

- Make a combat potion in Nardah bank (36 herblore)

- Give autumn sq'irk juice to Osman (45 thieving)

- Fight a duel

- Mine some granite at the granite quarry (45 mining)

- Equip Aten and Uraeus (Diamond in the Rough)

- Make some steel darts (34 smithing, 37 fletching, Tourist Trap complete)

- Equip a darklight near the Uzer golem (Shadow of the Storm)

- Glide from The Grand Tree to Al Kharid glider (The Grand tree quest)

- Create a tiara in Al Kharid from scratch

Easy:

- Ferry a ride from Al Kharid to Daemonheim

- Cut a cactus in the desert

- Get jailed by Shantay

- Fill a waterskin

- Take a ride on a carpet

- Talk to Osman about the Kharid-ib (Stolen Hearts)

- Kill a kalphite

(- Enter the Exiled Kalphite lair)

- Use home teleport to teleport to Al Kharid lodestone

- Fish some shrimp from the Al Karid site

- Cook some shrimp

- Mine some iron at Al Kharid mining site

- Smelt a bar of iron

- See through an Orc of Oculus near Faruq

- Buy some silk cheap.

- Pickpocket an al-kharid warrior (25 thieving)

-----------------------

Pure conjecture, of course.

• Like 4

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Worth mentioning that Seer's village tasks have "Make an Extreme ranging potion" task.

Cast Ice Barrage on the flying form of the Kalphite queen while wielding a Keris++ and under the effects of Summer Squ'irk juice.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

I don't think Jagex would dare make a Summers Garden task without beforehand destroying the bots that infest every world (re: never).