28-Jan-2013 Demon Flash Mobs

Carl

Did they fix the Chronozon bug in the dominion tower? Game wouldn't recognize your water/fire runes when trying to cast water/fire blast.

Is the steel titan's melee attack as strong as its range attack now or is it still weak, but not as bad as it used to be?

It worked once you picked up the elemental runes on the ground. #idonteven

I know. My point still stands.

77yLQy8.png

Did they fix the Chronozon bug in the dominion tower? Game wouldn't recognize your water/fire runes when trying to cast water/fire blast.

Is the steel titan's melee attack as strong as its range attack now or is it still weak, but not as bad as it used to be?

It worked once you picked up the elemental runes on the ground. #idonteven

I know. My point still stands.

It's not really a bug seeing as ALL the dominion tower bosses with supplied items only respond to the supplied item.

Pest Queen only responds to the Kosari given in the room, Delrith to the silverlight supplied etc.

It's always been that way ever since the tower came out.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

6o20zo.png

Couldn't resist. I didn't get the original because it was too bright so this was pretty much perfect.

You are still one of my favorite Fashionscapers to date.

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

I am really mad about this update. They literaly destroyed one of the best estabilished free quests and replaced it by a rushed quest with almost no dialogue, backstory or puzzles. Also, they forgot all the references to Wally, the druidic circle has no more use and they made Denath, a demon in a human body (Agrith-Naar), a stereotypical bad Zamorakian. This was utter garbage...

• Like 6

I am really mad about this update. They literaly destroyed one of the best estabilished free quests and replaced it by a rushed quest with almost no dialogue, backstory or puzzles. Also, they forgot all the references to Wally, the druidic circle has no more use and they made Denath, a demon in a human body (Agrith-Naar), a stereotypical bad Zamorakian. This was utter garbage...

And no thingummywuts. They were always a "wtf?" moment for a newb player.

• Like 1
22031_s.gif

Interesting how they billed it as a more focussed and combat oriented quest, but that's not what quests should be like, hmm?

Much prefer the meandering style and richer lore of the old Demon Slayer quest.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

This is why I don't do the remade quests. I did the Romeo and Juliet one, but never again.

Interesting how they billed it as a more focussed and combat oriented quest, but that's not what quests should be like, hmm?

Much prefer the meandering style and richer lore of the old Demon Slayer quest.

This is a problem that a lot of updates have had recently. There's not much exploration, whether it's a self-contained quest or a dungeon that has the one monster in it and nothing else.

6o20zo.png

Couldn't resist. I didn't get the original because it was too bright so this was pretty much perfect.

yeah, godcrusher was kinda strange cause it was shiny and didn't make much sense compared to demon ichor, so this is pretty much exactly what it needed. same with the assassin that was pretty but easy to spot, and to a lesser extent the dwarven warsuit's [wagon] sash that they thankfully removed from the shadow version (who even puts cloth on a suit that shoots fire), even though they still kept a large chunk of the awful color scheme

shadow knight needs more contrast though

8f14270694.jpg

Oh, Jagex, how did you know we wanted to be able to have our torso detached from our bodies? :o

JGx9L06.png

Also, it sucks that the news post shows Shadow Knight as having a shield and the sword, yet you can only get the helm, platebody, platelegs, gloves and boots.

Dunno if this is the right topic or if it has been mentioned already, but starting from february, members will get a free solomon item every month.

Link/Confirmation?

45,657th to 99 Range 29/09/09 , 41,018th to 99 Mage 13/11/09

rangecapecombined.gif__________________magiccapecombined.gif

I dunno how to feel about that Soloman shift, cause it's the first new item each month opposed to existing stuff so might be kinda naff items.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The Wildness has been long obsolete and dead, largely due to Jagex's own negelect. They need to accept this and move on, instead of half-heartedly forcing us all into the Wildy every now and then, in order to feed us to the Pkers. It's annoying, as is the removal of Skulls.

------

Also I find the new Solomon's stores stuff to be a rather lazy effort. Just a better recoloring of already existing stuff? Certainly makes one feel as though they wasted their coins on the previous inferior versions. Seems like a scam, almost, with no refunds and all.

First time from long time i died on something ! Fun event, when in one moment 20 people who melee boss turn into graves, and you who use range got after focused stunned and killed also - bad luck happen :]

I like new look of demons now, as they spawn/dead animation. Square shaped stuff don't look 'cool' at all.

"Mieć milion i nie mieć miliona to razem dwa miliony" A. Sapkowski

The Wildness has been long obsolete and dead, largely due to Jagex's own negelect. They need to accept this and move on, instead of half-heartedly forcing us all into the Wildy every now and then, in order to feed us to the Pkers. It's annoying, as is the removal of Skulls.

------

Also I find the new Solomon's stores stuff to be a rather lazy effort. Just a better recoloring of already existing stuff? Certainly makes one feel as though they wasted their coins on the previous inferior versions. Seems like a scam, almost, with no refunds and all.

I'm not attacking you or anything, but I just largely is agree with everything you had to say. I'm going to start with your second point because my first. And primary point, is much more larger and interesting... From this introduction of monthly Solomon items I feel that jagex is on the move to push him out the door I think as a serious monetary gain. Then again it could be a half hearted sales ploy tacked onto their promised action to pull back on sgs/sof banterings. I'm fairly certain that this is what they are after and doing what they've done gives them the option to allow members (who don't want to pitch in) at least some chance at getting something from sgs they like... Even though there is a good chance it won't actually be a selection of items.

My first and primary point is that I feel they shouldn't give up on the wilderness because it is so deeply engrained in the games lore as well as its actual history. If anything they should planner a dungeoneering-esque type way of gaining bonus experience there. I mean I feel that things such as brawler gloves gave players great incentive to step into the wilderness. I would imagine if jagex took serious steps to overlook and redesign abandoned settlements and areas for all skills... Combat, cooking, fishing, woodcutting, mining, etc. they could make it work.

I would ideally like to see the wilderness as an area where people can choose to skill, even with unsafe banks, and for every hours worth of xp you got you gained a percentage of bonus xp immediately and then another tenth of your original xp gains banked to be used much like with the hati equipment. I feel that the bonus xp saved should be limited as well to maybe 1m xp? I suppose jagex could even design a system to let people "steal" a percentage of their bonus xp if they successfully killed them. To prevent selling off kills I think jagex would first have to cap the percentages at a low enough rate as well as how many "steals" they can make a day. So maybe they could only get 10% max per kill and the cutoff was 5 kills. I would also suppose that the bonus xp would have to be locked to that skill, too. This would also keep people's interests locked into what they are doing in the wilderness and when they transition into the safe zone. No one wants someone going into the wilderness doing bonfires for 8 hours for a week getting 350k xp/hr. then they turn around and go slay and get all tha back I slay xp. Then again during these times I bet everyone would love that lol.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

The problem with this theory is that they have already emphatically turned their back on the Wilderness Community. There was a time back in the day when some of the best stuff(Rune Ore for instance, KBD) was in the wilderness and so there was a very strong incentive to go there. Over time the stuff that used to be there became obsolete(Rune armour for instance is no longer the best armour in the game) and Jagex refused or failed to introduce any new things with which to lure skillers in with, as well as a general neglect of the Wildness. Furthermore, they slowly also made it so that any of the remaining activities that actually were in the Wilderness that people used to visit, such as any of the various minigames, Corp, or KBD had "safe" options to get to them, thus further reducing the risk.

Now, I am not actually complaining about any of this, as I'm not a Pker and I don't really care about the Wilderness, so I have no interest at stake. What I'm saying is that Jagex has clearly made a decision with regards to the Wildy, which from time to time they seem to regret or backpedal from and halfheartedly fix. My view is that they should simply make a decision once and for all and execute it. Either revive the Wilderness through a serious rework, or just let it rot, but none of this half-hearted stuff. That's all.

As for SGS, I don't think it's going anywhere anytime soon. It's not nearly as problematic as the SOF, anyways.

• Like 1

The problem with this theory is that they have already emphatically turned their back on the Wilderness Community. There was a time back in the day when some of the best stuff(Rune Ore for instance, KBD) was in the wilderness and so there was a very strong incentive to go there. Over time the stuff that used to be there became obsolete(Rune armour for instance is no longer the best armour in the game) and Jagex refused or failed to introduce any new things with which to lure skillers in with, as well as a general neglect of the Wildness. Furthermore, they slowly also made it so that any of the remaining activities that actually were in the Wilderness that people such as any of the various minigames, Corp, or KBD had "safe" options to get to them, thus further reducing the risk.

Now, I am not actually complaining about any of this, as I'm not a Pker and I don't really care about the Wilderness, so I have no interest at stake. What I'm saying is that Jagex has clearly made a decision with regards to the Wildy, which from time to time they seem to regret or backpedal from and halfheartedly fix. My view is that they should simply make a decision once and for all and execute it. Either revive the Wilderness through a serious rework, or just let it rot, but none of this half-hearted stuff. That's all.

As for SGS, I don't think it's going anywhere anytime soon. It's not nearly as problematic as the SOF, anyways.

Well I can't argue that they seemingly turned their backs on the wilderness community. I can say that I've been there and done that as far as a pk/war-fairing clan member in the past when the wilderness actually mattered (post-bounty hunter crater). One thing I liken the collective emotive response in all of their addressing to the wilderness issue is someone with sorrow-filled eyes who knows its their own fault yet all the can do is try to open their mouth in silent objection, but not utter a word. I get it though and I feel for them. They have a lot of variables to interpret their interactions between each other. They want the "game" played how it should and not gold-farmed or abused to death. It's no easy feat for them and I can see that they might eventually come to a close with the issue its just a matter of sacrifice, but what might get thrown out has yet to be determined I suppose.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png