28-Jan-2013 Demon Flash Mobs

Carl

wild demons are a joke. 3 demons i've been to so far in the wild were never killed because a small group of 2-3 pkers always comes and rips apart everyone who's wealfaring. Then the demon doesn't get killed because those 3 pker can't take out the demon themselves. Depending on how rare the non wild demon drops are I can see the actual demon slayer rewards from this being useless because it will just take so long to get and the other drops are junk.

If jagex would at least add skulling back into the game it would make wild demons manageable because then at least we can actually bring some decent gear for rushers to deter them.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Duo'd a wildy one earlier with some random fella.

Worst thing ever.

Yet still oddly amusing.

Few pkers ended up showing up just as I hit my last ultimate on the General and attacked the other fella, I grabbed my loot (3 Lant seeds!) and tabbed out :P

But yeah the wildy ones are empty in comparison to the other spots. Each non-wildy spot has had over 10 people, usually around 15-20.

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

We intentionally reduced the power of the Steel titan as we felt it was a little bit too overpowered, however, feel free to submit any tweaks you'd like to see implemented to avoid it being made redundant by these changes and I can pass them over to the team. blk.gif

Post 4

Quick find code: 15-16-802-64213244

Robbstarkded.png

Dunno if this is the right topic or if it has been mentioned already, but starting from february, members will get a free solomon item every month.

Link/Confirmation?

http://services.rune...-free-runecoins

Reposting this for those who are too lazy to go back and find it

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

New "Hide helm" and "Hide cape" override options have been added to the Customisation Interface.

Yay! I no longer have to look at the butt ugly abomination of my slayer helm and have to use something else to override it

I know, right? Though my monocles have grown on me. Very steampunk. I'd never "hide" my Slayer cape though.

Dunno if this is the right topic or if it has been mentioned already, but starting from february, members will get a free solomon item every month.

Link/Confirmation?

http://services.rune...-free-runecoins

Reposting this for those who are too lazy to go back and find it

It sounds like you get to choose a free item if you purchase the first item to be released this month.

Guess I still won't be getting any dragon keepsake keys...

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

In the FAQ they say they are happy with the new quest... Wally is "deleted" out of the history, as is Prysin's familty tree. Sad to see a nicely woven story is being "pillared" to a bland "fetch sword, kill bady with sword" quest with no decent backstory other than a fanatic from the Saradomin front and a Zamorakian devil. :/

EDIT: at least the quest in february will include the ritual stone, so it will still have a use!

• Like 3

It sounds like you get to choose a free item if you purchase the first item to be released this month.

Guess I still won't be getting any dragon keepsake keys...

I got the feeling that they meant that we would get a separate free item once they released the month's Solomon update. This month, they put recolored stuff on sale and everyone else got the head/cape overrides.

someone was saying how void has now been nerfed, can anyone confirm/deny this?

I tested slice, piercing shot and wrack critical hits with maul, royal crossbow + royal bolts and wind surge with abs. Criticals were consistently 10% higher with void.

• Like 1

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

After doing the quest rework I was just kinda left like, "That's it?"

The former one was so much more fulfilling... Even the previous quest reworks were much better. The whole "Zamorak is the god of evil and all of his followers are little anti-christs" thing only gets older everytime they do it.

Hell, you can't even go back into the areas they sank so much graphical resource into. What a letdown.

The only amusement I got was dual-wielding claws and 1-hitting each of the skeletons in a row with alternating hands. I also killed Delrith with Darklight. I also got burnt intentionally by his special attack which surprised me with LP-1 but that's about it.

All of this is not even to mention that they had all this story centered around the summoning of one weak little demon released alongside the mobs, which are small bands of powerful demons that somehow make it into our world with little problem every hour on the hour.

• Like 2

2dgucz6.png

I was kind of disappointed that they didn't rework Silverlight to go along with the new quest. I don't care for the look of it at all. 1-hitting the skeletons with a black 2H was fun though, and fighting the demon was cake. I just stood next to whatshisname and the demon came to me so I was always in the protective circle when he used his special attack. I really don't remember the original quest so I can't comment on whether it's better or not, but the new one did seem kind of short

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

18559907.png

FAQ was very disappointing too.

Mod Liono: A character named "Wally" never really fit in with the medieval fantasy setting; we wanted to focus on a slightly more heroic feeling in the quest. As a sidenote, I am deeply disappointed that nobody has said "Where's Wally?" yet!

Mod Liono: [The characters] didn't fit in with the sense of heroism that we wanted to offer in a quest called 'Demon Slayer'. A comedy hero called Wally felt like a running (and not especially funny) joke, especially in a quest to end a demon-summoner's mad plans to bring about the apocalypse.

Rename him to Wallace, problem solved.

Mod Liono: The incantation mechanic from the previous Demon Slayer was one of the main things we felt just had to go in this rework. It required any player without a photographic memory to write things down outside the game world in order to remember the correct incantation. If you need to come out of the game to complete a puzzle, then you are breaking immersion and losing the flow of the content. We do our best to avoid that, particularly in early game content.

So given a chance, they'd rip out the whole ME II or WGS puzzles? I can't wait for this next GM quest, which already has requirements that are a farce to any serious quester.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Mod Liono: The incantation mechanic from the previous Demon Slayer was one of the main things we felt just had to go in this rework. It required any player without a photographic memory to write things down outside the game world in order to remember the correct incantation. If you need to come out of the game to complete a puzzle, then you are breaking immersion and losing the flow of the content. We do our best to avoid that, particularly in early game content.

So make us automatically remember it?

Though I had fun when the guy gave me back darklight and I killed delrith with it. I was quite surprised darklight actually worked!!

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

So make us automatically remember it?

Though I had fun when the guy gave me back darklight and I killed delrith with it. I was quite surprised darklight actually worked!!

He gave me back silverlight, then halfway through the kill I thought it would be a good idea to bank and get darklight. I felt so cool when it worked.

• Like 1