5-Feb-2013 - Sinkholes + EoC Improvements

Saradomin_Mage

It's pretty obvious the update was aimed at the solo player who don't want to get a pro MLG YOLOSWAG 720 ROUNDHOUSE BOOM HEADSHOT NOSCOPE team of 5 players for some reason. Sorry for hurting your feelings mister first player to nolife 99 farming but some people actually play this game for fun.

I got a small lamp with 114 dung and got 50k.

Next time I got 9800 tokens.

Not bad, kinda fun.

The cards are too overpowered though and make what you do before somewhat meaningless.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Haven't we got enough fun but dead content already? All i'm saying is that if you are going to introduce new content that is also limited in the number of trys, you need to make it atleast as good or slightly better than existing content to even have a chance of it surviving.

• Like 1

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Sadly it's already dead. I tried twice to play today and both times there weren't enough people to even start one game.

That has to be a new record.

We have too many hourly/daily tasks, I think, and I get the feeling that this wouldn't be quite as dead if you didn't have to drop everything and go to the middle of nowhere to do it. Same with flash mobs and the like.

This is proving my point about content immediately becoming dead regardless of how fun it is once people consider it inefficient (and therefore, a waste of time).

There are numerous activities in the game that are extremely inefficient yet widely popular. The problem here is that jagex, as far as i'm aware of, made this update about the rewards, and they are just lacking right now. There is really no creativity to the rewards right now(like, add weapons/armor as rewards that you can bind and only use when dungeoneering, yet are slightly better than existing weapons/armor).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Doesn't matter what Jagex's intentions are. If the update is a "waste of time" that could be spent efficiently grinding, it'll be dead content.

Like you said, if the game offered bind rewards or something useful, people would play it. But it doesn't, so they don't, regardless of how fun it is.

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

The "fun" community died.

I think they moved on to stuff like minecraft or terraria.

It's hard to get together a bunch of people that just want to have fun and maybe get a little bit of rewards that keep their progress going.

This D&D does that, but oh well... would have been great 7 years ago like trouble brewing was.

Also, sucks that you can't play it more than 2 times a day. Should have just called it a mini-game and removed the self-imposed BS limitations.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I think it needs an official world or shard worlds. The problem at the moment is that there is no way for the few on each world who may want to play to find eachother. There are plenty of games that at the moment appear like dead content on almost every server like g.o.p. and castle wars but if you go to their themed worlds you can find a decent amount of people. Giant chinchompa was saved by shard worlds. Another problem is that by this time of day, most people that want to play have probably already done sinkholes twice since reset.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

They've decided to designate one world as a Sinkholes theme world, of course it'd be much better if they could use a shard for it.

Overall it's quite nifty and fun to play, as a competitive form of DG, but I feel that the rewards are a bit too limited/lacklustre and the endgame too simple to keep people coming back.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

They've decided to designate one world as a Sinkholes theme world, of course it'd be much better if they could use a shard for it.

Overall it's quite nifty and fun to play, as a competitive form of DG, but I feel that the rewards are a bit too limited/lacklustre and the endgame too simple to keep people coming back.

QA said it wasn't shard world due to dev time limits.

IMO this is utter bs ANY new multiplayer content made in rs now the shard world tech is in place should have extra time built in to make sure it on it. Heck they should even pull their fingers out and do a project to get all the existing ones onto a shard worlds. So much multiplayer content could be taken from near dead to at least moderately active by being on shard worlds.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Jagex should just take time to shardworld every minigame, so that you can join and if too many people it will simply spread you into multiple ones. Also should do that thing they wanted to create a dungeoneering lobby.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Just tried it, wasn't entirely clear on what I was doing throughout lol. Run into rooms, pick up totems, hit things, cut trees... I got 2nd place but still only got a small lamp. Like, I don't think someone switched my reward, I think I started with that. I dunno...

2dgucz6.png

I also very unlucky, in the 4 games I played, I have yet to see a piece of Hoardstalker. For someone who likes to fill his costume room, it's very frustrating to see that the minigame is nearing its death already. :s

I had to use the preening ibis card to get a piece of hoardstalker

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

rewards are random, and then cards are assigned based on place (higher place = higher chance of good effect) and the cards determine the rewards.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I also very unlucky, in the 4 games I played, I have yet to see a piece of Hoardstalker. For someone who likes to fill his costume room, it's very frustrating to see that the minigame is nearing its death already. :s

I had to use the preening ibis card to get a piece of hoardstalker

That's the problem, in the 4 games I played, I always ended first or second, but I never got the preening ibis, nor anyone on my team.