5-Feb-2013 - Sinkholes + EoC Improvements

Saradomin_Mage

There's something strange about coins, which are presumably gold, being rusty. Must be the Daemonheim taint or something.

If Sinkholes would provide something like a second ammo bind, they would be dead content soon enough, just like other things that are quick to get, require people and you only need it once (FoG/hybrid gloves for example). To be sustainable long-term, you need a more continuous reward. Gold would be a good one, it can be as simple as giving hoardstalker pieces alch values over 200k :P.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

So I haven't read through the entirety of this post yet, so I apologize if this has already been discussed, but:

What effects does the D&D have on skillers?

Can skillers use it to gain additional Dungeoneering EXP?

Skillers can partake in Sinkholes just fine. Combat is not mandatory. The combat objective seems to be the best way to rack up points though, so you might end up on the lower half of the scoreboard often. The new outfit does not have skill requirements.

And as far as I'm still aware of, Castle Wars sucks now because most of it is inhabited by people AFK'ing to get the comp cape.

Sadly, this is true.

The top floors of both castles are full of level 200s who afk.

There are probably more people up there than actually playing the game.

Runescape does feel like it has declined alot since the hayday.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

And as far as I'm still aware of, Castle Wars sucks now because most of it is inhabited by people AFK'ing to get the comp cape.

Sadly, this is true.

The top floors of both castles are full of level 200s who afk.

There are probably more people up there than actually playing the game.

Runescape does feel like it has declined alot since the hayday.

And i was getting hammered on tif for being a big opponent of this req in the first place, being over 10 times as time consuming as any other minigame req... Oh well, sucks to be right.

• Like 1

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

As for what may actually make this distraction and diversion more popular, I would simply say: More xp. For me it won't be dead content for quite some time. I love the rushing and competing nature of this d and d. It is much like fish flingers in that way (another of my favourite distractions).

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Yea but then the jagex nerf hammer struck.

Tbf the Jagex nerf hammer struck Flash Powder Factory before it even launched when someone, somehow, thought it was a good idea to have a reward curve for playing that rather than being perfectly flat and consistent or gradually rising over time started off nice and high and then sky-dived to the bottom of the atlantic trench. Afterall whats more logical than rewards getting progressively worse for investing more time.

• Like 3

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I think Jagex should take more time to think about what the updates do to the game and research if it would be lasting content. Else they either mess the game up a little more or create dead upon dead content. One thing as a company it lacks is good vision and strong content concepts.

• Like 1

Tbf the Jagex nerf hammer struck Flash Powder Factory before it even launched when someone, somehow, thought it was a good idea to have a reward curve for playing that rather than being perfectly flat and consistent or gradually rising over time started off nice and high and then sky-dived to the bottom of the atlantic trench. Afterall whats more logical than rewards getting progressively worse for investing more time.

Probably the same guy who thought it'd be a good idea to make Dominion Tower gloves into T80 weapons.

14288c.jpg

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

Yea that was really stupid.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Not sure why/how people are complaining about this being dead content. I've had no trouble starting games in w119.

+ I've seen Ibis cards a few times, own the Hoardstalker Legs myself.

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

Looks like all the hot air about them changing their ways was exactly that, hot air.... Had kinda hoped they *might* be changing towards releasing less of this crap, ah well.....

SELL DOG 4 SPINSSS

meamzed.png

Looks like all the hot air about them changing their ways was exactly that, hot air.... Had kinda hoped they *might* be changing towards releasing less of this crap, ah well.....

SELL DOG 4 SPINSSS

Quick, somebody calculate xp/dog. *awkwardly glances at dog*

• Like 1

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

we talking chiwawawawawawaa or great dane?

(so shoot me grammer nazis)

*grammar

Had to be done =p

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Tbf it was kinda obvious it wouldn't count as when released Jagex specifically said you have to complete it in four months to get chisels opposed to just saying 'complete 4 times'

Plv6Dz6.jpg

They offer a construction boost and there are many fashionscapers out there.

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg