5-Feb-2013 - Sinkholes + EoC Improvements

Saradomin_Mage

sinkholes will now spawn every 30 minutes instead of 2 hours

Wow, guess I'll get more into them tomorrow. That was surprising though.

Feel kinda cheated having stayed up for the second >_>

EDIT : Eh, seems like you're capped at 2 a day anyway, so that shouldn't change much.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

So now their fixes of EOC consist purely of nerfing the only good parts of the update? :s

Next month in the BTS: "we are removing all the abilities because they unbalance the combat triangle. Also, we removed every armour besides bronze and Nex gear."

• Like 1

so do tell what doesn't resonance work on now.... is it now impossible to block the kalpite kings green bomb attack outside of cade/immortality?

It still absorbs the damage (making it hit 0) but does not heal you. I believe it can still absorb any attack, just no longer will allow healing massive amounts.

Do the lamps only work on DG?

They only work on DG.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

so do tell what doesn't resonance work on now.... is it now impossible to block the kalpite kings green bomb attack outside of cade/immortality?

It still absorbs the damage (making it hit 0) but does not heal you. I believe it can still absorb any attack, just no longer will allow healing massive amounts.

It can still heal massive amounts, its only been disabled for specific boss special moves. There are still many non-special boss moves from which we can heal massively unless I misunderstood.

EG Jad has no 'special moves' just normal attacks so his would be healable.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Thunderous' "true power" attack no longer heals you :( but you can still bounce a nice 5k damage back on him with reflect + res.

Blinks attacks, the stream when he runs, and the "kapow" attack can still both be healed on.

xSoulgazer

Elysian Sigil ---- 11/24/10 ---- 550M

Lexus Runewright summoned books wont die at end of dungeon. Anyway level 198 mages dont take 5 minutes to kill while trying melee them !

"Mieć milion i nie mieć miliona to razem dwa miliony" A. Sapkowski

The token reward is absolutely shit.

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

ahrim's is too new and hoarded

Pretty much the annoying part for me (and many others.)

Why should a T70 wand cost ~30M while all the other T70 weapons cost under 1M?

The price for Virtus wand is fine to me, since Nex gear is pretty much meant to be really expensive.

Came first for 5k tokens + 100k xp. For less that ten minutes work, it wasn't too bad.

You know you can get 240k xp and 24k tokens in less than 10 minutes of work, too, right?

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I love this new D and D. Even though I got last in both the rounds I played this far. It's good with some variation to normal dung...And to actually compete about the resources and all instead of working together, muwhaha! :)

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Came first for 5k tokens + 100k xp. For less that ten minutes work, it wasn't too bad.

You know you can get 240k xp and 24k tokens in less than 10 minutes of work, too, right?

Sure, for F60 with an impressive team. But if you consider F1-60 as an average, it isn't 240k xp/24k tokens per ten minutes over that time. In fact, over that time the average probably resembles the average you would get at sinkholes.

I hate the recent RS culture where you can't do anything unless it is the very very top xp (token) rates. Sinkholes were fun, and they have decent, even if not the best, rewards. Isn't that enough of a reason to play them? And isn't it enough of a reason not to be condescending to anyone who does want to have a bit of fun?

• Like 9

So now their fixes of EOC consist purely of nerfing the only good parts of the update? :s

It certainly seems like it sometimes. <_<

• Like 4

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Sure, for F60 with an impressive team. But if you consider F1-60 as an average, it isn't 240k xp/24k tokens per ten minutes over that time. In fact, over that time the average probably resembles the average you would get at sinkholes.

I hate the recent RS culture where you can't do anything unless it is the very very top xp (token) rates. Sinkholes were fun, and they have decent, even if not the best, rewards. Isn't that enough of a reason to play them? And isn't it enough of a reason not to be condescending to anyone who does want to have a bit of fun?

I think the irritation was meant to be directed at Jagex, not the players. If Jagex releases a new D&D like this where you have to take extra time out of your schedule to travel to and from it, plus it's even limited to a certain number of times per day, then logically they should make it have substantially better rewards than a similar amount of time in normal gameplay. They're already limiting the use, so it shouldn't be just equal, or even less.

The real problem is ultimately Jagex's attitude that player fun should be penalized. This is seen throughout their updates. Fun activities should, in their minds, always give less experience compared to boring ones. Because the fun is part of the reward; it's substituted in place of experience. Why can't they just make the fun little D&Ds efficient as well? Would that be so horrible?

• Like 2

Alphanos

Alphanos.png