Old School RS Screenshots, Videos, and Sounds!

tripsis

Just a suggestion - Spend that cash, cash is getting less and less valuable.

Don't worry, once con is back in the game, the race to 99 con and the race to 99 prayer will get rid of a lot of that cash.

Then alching will bring it right back in lol

Prayer can not get rid of cash. Only a method of actively taking a players gold out of the game entirely can do so.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Haha.. I was thinking of posting Ned saying YOLO when I did D-slay.

Decided to fire strike kalphite guardians for my slayer task... 5 kills in, 2 rune chains. Going good.

rchain2.jpg

Edited by Kaida23
fixed the IMG tags for you. ;)

:D

98105448.png

Wasn't that bad... the only food I had was salmon lol. Didn't have any pray pots either. The only super restores I had were the free ones from Zogre Flesh Eaters. I alternated between using mage-boosting (ghostly robes and magic ammy) and pray-boosting gear (monk robes, unholy symbol) depending on the occasion. Protect from melee is overpowered :P

Fareed: haven't done heroes yet; just used melee pray, water bolt, and prayer gear

Damis: used prayer gear till I had Damis trapped behind a lvl-6 bat then switched to mage gear.

Dessous: used mage gear and just melee prayed the whole time. His range/mage attack only hits 5-5 so my salmon kept me alive :P

Kamil: Made three trips up the mountain to kill the 5 ice trolls w/ fire strike and prayer gear (2 trolls per trip). After killing two trolls, I'd ecto out, bank, and commit honorable suicide via rock cake for stat restore because I'm that frugal :P For Kamil, I just hid behind a rock and did hit-and-run with fire bolt and protect from melee. He melee'd me more than he'd freeze me and mage me. Made it to the top of the mountain with like 15hp left after eating the chocolate cakes he dropped >_>

Pyramid: Just brought 3 energy pots and prayer gear w/ lightness boots and ran the whole way w/o triggering any trapdoors.

Remember: if a guide strongly recommends "good food," then that means you're supposed to use salmon instead of trout ;)

• Like 2

77yLQy8.png

Hardest quest I've done so far. WAY harder than Desert Treasure lol. Not even joking... unless you've got really good offensive stats, the boss fight is more of an endurance test than anything. The boss will spawn in the corner of the room. You can't just click towards him because the pathfinding in the room is broken. So you've gotta manually navigate yourself towards him. Meanwhile, he's chucking pickaxes at you which hit constant 10s and can't be deflected via prayer. When you finally reach him, you get 1-2 hits in (could both be 0's, doesn't matter) and then he teleports to the opposite side of the room. After repeating this process a few times, you're down to 0% energy so now you're taking even more damage. It took me 18 pineapple pizzas to kill him. In other words, be prepared to take at least 400 damage throughout the battle. The better your food and the higher you can hit, the better.

Also, if you fail, you'll have to teleport out, then run back all the way through Mort Myre down to the mine, and then you'll have to solve the puzzle again before you can fight again. Jesus this quest was annoying hahaha

41331919.png

77yLQy8.png

rfd.png

61 combat

49 hp

51 att

51 str

45 def

48 range

56 magic

I wore a ring of recoil for every fight, plus two extras in my inventory. Food used was pineapple pizzas (they heal 22hp in two bites and are easy to make). Every time I fell below 38hp (11 below max), I'd dance with the boss and heal to full hp since a lot of the bosses can easily hit 20+ to KO you

The bosses would've been a lot easier with higher stats and better gear. I used welfare gear because I'm frugal as [bleep]. I didn't have any stat-boosting potions either.

My "go-to" setup for the bosses was:

Mind helmet

Amulet of accuracy

Ava's attractor

Dorgeshuun xbow + bone bolts

Green d'hide body

Green d'hide chaps

Green d'hide vambs

Ghostly boots

Mind shield

Ring of recoil

Agrith-Na-Na: Used my default setup with a full inventory of pineapple pizzas. Not exactly the hardest boss, but it took the most food to kill because my ranged is awful.

Flambeed: Same gear, ranged it. Wasn't too hard since this boss was surprisingly inaccurate with surprisingly low defense. Can hit hard, though.

Karamel: Easy boss. I maged w/ fire bolt and full ghostly robes (addy gloves instead of ghostly gloves), mind shield, and magic ammy. The key is to stand right next to the boss so it melees you instead. Its melee attacks are very weak and inaccurate. Every time its magic attack hits you (and it can hit really rapidly), your stats get drained severely. Use a restore pot when you fall below 35 magic. Shouldn't need very much food.

Dessourt: For this boss, I wore full ghostly, except addy gloves instead of ghostly gloves; mind shield; iban staff. This one was pretty fast-paced; both of us were hitting constant 20+ on each other (I used Iban Blast). Be careful!

Gelatinnoth Mother: I can't use fire blast (56 magic) so I'd just dance with her while she was weak to fire magic. I wore my "default" gear, except with the following substitutions: amulet of magic, addy gloves, ghostly cloak. I used air staff and blast spells for the mage phases and dorgeshuun xbow for ranged and rune scimmy for melee. She hit a lot of zeros, but she also hit a lot of 20-8 hits. Always stay at full HP. If you've got chaos gauntlets, bolt spells would be good too probably. Though the chaos gauntlets don't help ranged/melee as much as addy gloves do.

Culinaromancer: This guy was similar to dessous except I ranged him w/ the "default" setup. He hits hard and fast, but so do you fortunately. He can hit 25 frequently, so always stay at full HP. You can't dance with him so be very careful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Otm4RusESNU

• Like 2

77yLQy8.png

[spoiler=Epic Post]

rfd.png

61 combat

49 hp

51 att

51 str

45 def

48 range

56 magic

I wore a ring of recoil for every fight, plus two extras in my inventory. Food used was pineapple pizzas (they heal 22hp in two bites and are easy to make). Every time I fell below 38hp (11 below max), I'd dance with the boss and heal to full hp since a lot of the bosses can easily hit 20+ to KO you

The bosses would've been a lot easier with higher stats and better gear. I used welfare gear because I'm frugal as [bleep]. I didn't have any stat-boosting potions either.

My "go-to" setup for the bosses was:

Mind helmet

Amulet of accuracy

Ava's attractor

Dorgeshuun xbow + bone bolts

Green d'hide body

Green d'hide chaps

Green d'hide vambs

Ghostly boots

Mind shield

Ring of recoil

Agrith-Na-Na: Used my default setup with a full inventory of pineapple pizzas. Not exactly the hardest boss, but it took the most food to kill because my ranged is awful.

Flambeed: Same gear, ranged it. Wasn't too hard since this boss was surprisingly inaccurate with surprisingly low defense. Can hit hard, though.

Karamel: Easy boss. I maged w/ fire bolt and full ghostly robes (addy gloves instead of ghostly gloves), mind shield, and magic ammy. The key is to stand right next to the boss so it melees you instead. Its melee attacks are very weak and inaccurate. Every time its magic attack hits you (and it can hit really rapidly), your stats get drained severely. Use a restore pot when you fall below 35 magic. Shouldn't need very much food.

Dessourt: For this boss, I wore full ghostly, except addy gloves instead of ghostly gloves; mind shield; iban staff. This one was pretty fast-paced; both of us were hitting constant 20+ on each other (I used Iban Blast). Be careful!

Gelatinnoth Mother: I can't use fire blast (56 magic) so I'd just dance with her while she was weak to fire magic. I wore my "default" gear, except with the following substitutions: amulet of magic, addy gloves, ghostly cloak. I used air staff and blast spells for the mage phases and dorgeshuun xbow for ranged and rune scimmy for melee. She hit a lot of zeros, but she also hit a lot of 20-8 hits. Always stay at full HP. If you've got chaos gauntlets, bolt spells would be good too probably. Though the chaos gauntlets don't help ranged/melee as much as addy gloves do.

Culinaromancer: This guy was similar to dessous except I ranged him w/ the "default" setup. He hits hard and fast, but so do you fortunately. He can hit 25 frequently, so always stay at full HP. You can't dance with him so be very careful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Otm4RusESNU

Congrats :P

Thanks for the scouting report as well, it's been awhile.

patr1ckotg1.png