Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

4th March - The World Wakes

• Please log in to reply
535 replies to this topic

Sylpheed
[ Display Name History ]

Sylpheed

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Sylpheed
  • RSN2:Eliteice1
  • Clan:Scryers
The World Wakes (members only)

Orlando Smith's made a big discovery just west of the Legends' Guild: ruins dating from the First Age, which he believes once belonged to Guthix himself. It's the sort of find that makes careers, but breaks the hasty and the unprepared, so he needs your help to safely uncover the lost knowledge and artefacts within.
Make your way past the ruins' defences with strength and cunning, and you'll discover secrets that could shift the world's balance of power forever. There'll be one mother of a battle before the quest is through, so you'll need a combat level of at least 140 and your very best combat gear, along with plenty of food.
Ultimately, you'll have to make a choice, and your decision will set the scene for the events to come and feature in future story content. One thing is certain, though: once you're through, you'll become a whole new breed of hero, and the woken world will need you more than ever.

Completing the quest will earn you over 800,000 XP in lamps (in a variety of skills, with minimum levels ranging from 65 to 80), five new ultimate combat abilities (usable at level 85 in their related skills), and cosmetic torso gear. In addition, there's a trove of post-quest rewards - including a powerful ring, a title, and new Slayer targets that can drop level 85 gloves and a pet - that can be claimed once you've finished the quest and met certain high-level requirements, listed here.
Please note: as of next week's update, all future game content will work on the premise that this quest happened in the past. So, if you want to play the quest with no spoilers, we recommend doing so this week!

Enjoy!

Mod Ana
How to start The World Wakes:
Speak to Orlando Smith at the excavation site to the west of the Legends' Guild.
Requirements:There are additional, post-quest rewards on offer for completing the quests and reaching the skill levels listed below.

Please note: these can be met and their rewards claimed at any time following the completion of the quest. You won't miss anything if you don't meet these requirements when you complete the quest:
In Other News
  • The latest batch of Evolution of Combat updates is here! Dual wielding has been brought onto the level of two-handed weaponry in raw damage, and mages can now auto-cast a different spell from each hand! We've also made changes to the way that Player-Owned Ports armour degrades, bringing it in line with Nex armour.
  • There's been a big change to the free game today. We've opened up Burthorpe and Taverley to free players, as well as the first five levels of most members' skills, as a replacement for our existing free trial!
  • We've made some changes to the way run energy works, so everyone can run for longer and recover their energy more quickly.
  • Solomon's General Store is now offering all-new god robes and teleports, tailor-made for followers of Guthix, Saradomin, Zamorak and Zaros.
  • There's a new World Wakes Medley available for your listening pleasure on ourSoundcloud page.
  • Along with today's changes to the free game, there have been some tweaks to the naming conventions for ranged and magic style-specific potions. Existing potions of this type are now prefixed with 'super' - so what was previously called aranging potion is now a super ranging potion. New, low-level potions have been implemented for the 1-5 Herblore level range, and these have adopted the non-prefixed name (e.g. ranging potion).
  • You may now pay your weekly anagogic orts for Clan Avatar buffs at your Citadel Quartermaster.
  • Hati and Sköll have been removed from the game.
  • There have been a batch of usability improvements made to the Customisation Interface:
    • It is now possible to purchase a duplicate of certain functional prestige items if they're held in a keepsake box. Note that the duplicate will automatically be destroyed if the item in the keepsake box is withdrawn.
    • It is now possible to select weapon overrides of different types simultaneously, so there is no need to switch them when changing weapons.
    • It is now possible to select multiple skill animations at once. Where they affect the same action, a random animation will be played.
    • Weapon overrides now work correctly with off-hand weapons.
  • Support for Software mode has been removed in preparation for future updates. For more information, click here.

Patch Notes

Quorra
[ Display Name History ]

Quorra

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 512 posts
  • RSN:Resistian

Please note: as of next week's update, all future game content will work on the premise that this quest happened in the past. So, if you want to play the quest with no spoilers, we recommend doing so this week!

Interesting.

bGmskuB.gif

Unknown_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Unknown_Warrior

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,328 posts
  • RSN:The Warrior
Bonus reward for level 90 Prayer?
Oh wow.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

Stats and logs

Pirkka
[ Display Name History ]

Pirkka

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,165 posts
Dungeoneering theme still in log-in? Come on!
Posted Image
40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

Posted Image

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

Grainy
[ Display Name History ]

Grainy

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 65 posts
If I complete these:

the giant dwarf
another slice of ham
land of the goblins
the chosen commander
in aid of the myreque
darkness of hollowvale
legacy of seergaze
branches of darkmeyer
the firemakers curse

I've got all req's for full reward! Let's get questing -_-

Pirkka
[ Display Name History ]

Pirkka

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,165 posts
Rewards:

Posted Image
40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

Posted Image

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

kamil1210
[ Display Name History ]

kamil1210

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Kamil1210
No voice acting, I'm disappointed.

Silmarilli.pngSilmarils_Hc.png

Silmarilli.png

Silmarilli.png

Octarine
[ Display Name History ]

Octarine

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Octarine
  • RSN2:Octarune
  • Clan:Primacy
DW fixes, free game and run energy changes

The whole "extra magic and range abilities coming soon" annoys me.

We all know "coming soon" is a good 6 months of so for jagex =/ Still, hooray for dual wielding!

Blog of DG, Bossing (mostly Glacors) and stuff - Runetrack

Posted Image
Play Safe! Posted Image - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Vezon Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Vezon Dash

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,276 posts
Pneumatic Gloves
- These gloves have a strong mechanism to increase the power of your hits.

LP bonus - 194
Armor bonus - 255

Do they possibly have a passive damage increasing effect? I guess we will have to wait to find out.

Octarine
[ Display Name History ]

Octarine

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Octarine
  • RSN2:Octarune
  • Clan:Primacy

Pneumatic Gloves

LP bonus - 194
Armor bonus - 255

Do they possibly have a passive damage increasing effect? I guess we will have to wait to find out.

You sure those aren't the other way round?

Blog of DG, Bossing (mostly Glacors) and stuff - Runetrack

Posted Image
Play Safe! Posted Image - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
Any idea what is the slayer requirement for these creatures that drop the gloves?

Also, I wanted to get those Zaros robes from Solomon's, except... They haven't even put them up yet >_>

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
Seems the quest is glitched at the alarm cutscene for me.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,009 posts
The range gloves are called tracking gloves and the mage gloves are called static gloves.

Any idea what is the slayer requirement for these creatures that drop the gloves?

67 slayer.

77yLQy8.png

Vezon Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Vezon Dash

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,276 posts

Pneumatic Gloves

LP bonus - 194
Armor bonus - 255

You sure those aren't the other way round?

I guess they are backwards. I just did that from memory lol. The point is they aren't much better than current gloves unless they somehow boost damage like their description kind of hints at.

Grainy
[ Display Name History ]

Grainy

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 65 posts
Anyone managed the first puzzle yet? I'm stuck.

GregorDGrim
[ Display Name History ]

GregorDGrim

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • RSN:GregorDGrim
If we do not have the required prayer or slayer levels for the experience lamps, will they be placed into our inventory automatically once we reach the required level or will we need to remember to claim them somewhere?

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

Bonus reward for level 90 Prayer?
Oh wow.

Right after they nuked bots. This is going to hurt my wallet. :cry:

Ambler
[ Display Name History ]

Ambler

Black Knight Trainer

• Monster Hunting Team
  • 3,453 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Ambl3r
  • RSN '07:Ambler
  • Clan:¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted Image
^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^
My livestream- Currently: Offline :(
Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

Lewtations

Grainy
[ Display Name History ]

Grainy

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 65 posts

I'm stuck on this too :(

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
Kree wasn't too hard, but i think hiding behind the pillars to avoid ko is the tactic.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users