22-Jul-2013 - RuneScape 3!

SwreeTak

I know speculation at this point is fairly futile, but I can't help myself :P

If it's really only between 2 gods, then that's a bit different... I could see people from all different followings choosing whoever they feel is the "lesser of two evils", but what does that really show in the way of overall followers or standings? I guess I just really doubt that it'll be limited like that.

@Sy

I realize as much. I can't say I'm a huge fan of EoCPvP either (I haven't even BEEN to CW since it was updated!) but I certainly wouldn't discount it as a possibility. It would be kind of absurd for J not to have skills or combat affect standings just because they want everyone to participate (not that that's necessarily what you were saying).

2dgucz6.png

Would be cool to see a resource race like collecting annagogic orts. The contenders for the week actively collect resources to turn the tide of war. The factions not present in the weeks fight can still actively collect to bolster their chances of success on their week, but wont be as detrimental as active fighting factions.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

HTML5 will be a option for those who so wish to use from the release of RS3, but the 'full' version of it won't be available in months. HTML5 will still be in BETA beyong the launch of RS3. This according to the following post by Mod Pips on the RSOF;

Hi everyone,

In recent news posts you’ll have seen that we said the HTML5 client will stay labelled as a beta beyond the RS3 launch. We want to make sure it’ll offer a great experience for everyone, so it’s unlikely to move out of beta for some months, until the HTML5 standard is fully implemented and widely adopted by all the main web browsers. I wanted to explain why this is, where we are with the HTML5 client, and what it means for you.

The reason it’s called a “beta” is to indicate it won’t be optimal for all players, and we’ll continue to recommend most use the Java or downloadable versions. The HTML5 client will remain as an option for early adopters who want to try out this experimental tech.

All of the other exciting features of RuneScape 3 will be released as planned. So you’ll have options for how to experience RS3; through Java in your web browser, the optimised downloadable client or the cutting edge of HTML5.

Although the HTML5 client has improved over the last couple of months, we’re not satisfied with its compatibility across all players. You’ve noticed it too; your feedback showed a wide range of experiences – for some players it works great but for others it performs too slow or inconsistently. We found varied experience even on machines with identical hardware, and this is where the impact of browser support & driver compatibility can be seen…

Being the first to build a sophisticated MMO game client in an emerging technology like HTML5 was always ambitious, and our early progress gave us confidence to continue on this track. Visual quality is much improved, with features like variable draw distance and new shader-based effects really elevating the experience. However more recently we’ve hit upon inherent limits in the browser platforms and no amount of optimisation to RuneScape’s code can solve that alone.

For those interested in the technical side of things, the main challenges that remain are the limitations in Javascript and WebGL implementations - currently browsers don’t support full multi-threaded shader compilation and their storage system read/writes are not efficient enough for the demands RuneScape makes of them. This means the asset streaming and world building processes are slower than they should be and can causes bursts of lag. We’ve also seen some graphics drivers have not been optimised for WebGL which means even modern cards sometimes don’t run as fast they should.

The browser manufacturers are in a race to improve support for these features and we’ll work closely with them to ensure RuneScape benefits from the improvements and fixes as they get implemented.

We’ll continue to invest in HTML5 as it clearly has amazing potential and we believe it will be the future of browser gaming. Although it’s not quite ready for everyone’s computer right now, we want to be there when it is. Pioneering new technology can be risky, and it’s why we’re still fully supporting RuneScape in Java and will also be releasing an updated and optimised downloadable client.

Thanks for reading and see you on the 22nd for RuneScape 3 and the epic Battle of Lumbridge!

[qfc]16-17-542-65077576[/qfc]

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I just read that, lol. Someone on that thread mentioned a separate HTML5 client too. Anyone familiar with the subject know if that'd even work?

I'd probably play in the beta full time if they just allowed higher AA settings. The FPS isn't so bad now, but it's ugly-as.

2dgucz6.png

I just read that, lol. Someone on that thread mentioned a separate HTML5 client too. Anyone familiar with the subject know if that'd even work?

I'd probably play in the beta full time if they just allowed higher AA settings. The FPS isn't so bad now, but it's ugly-as.

From whats been gleaned the client would probably work to help keep system files on your computer so that area loading would be much faster than an in-browser load.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

So, tele to lumby on log in before you set up your gui?

That's like starting a movie before you turn the TV on

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I think I was told you will be logged in at Lumbridge, but I can't remember now. At the very least we will be seeing a cutscene upon login, and we will officially be into the 6th age.

So I recommend everyone to make sure they have their graphic options set up, and have your music!

I actually don't know what things entail afterwards. I think the event fundamentally lasts for the 3 months, so we may be collecting supplies/fighting in the name of one of the Gods (or against both?), whether that includes PvP could be possible I guess, seasonal high scores is meant to track a load of things, so a reward for best killer in the name of Sara/Zammy could be interesting!

Playing Runescape with all the sounds muted for over 10 years now 8)

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

A key point raised! A lot of people are going to be forced into just using the defaults "Oh I'll customise it later on.." and probably not actually do that for ages, because in the short period they'll get used to the defaults.

LgEZt.png

You make no sense...

They want you to log in and immediately become immersed in the first struggle of the sixth age. Then again only a runescape player would log in and say to themselves "ohhh shiny new interface that might get my better xp rates and faster kills!" and become completely oblivious to the interesting lore they would be immersed in. I hope these players get "pillar'ed" so I can loot their graves.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

You make no sense...

They want you to log in and immediately become immersed in the first struggle of the sixth age. Then again only a runescape player would log in and say to themselves "ohhh shiny new interface that might get my better xp rates and faster kills!" and become completely oblivious to the interesting lore they would be immersed in. I hope these players get "pillar'ed" so I can loot their graves.

I really don't mean to be cynical about this, but do you guys actually care what happens? I've always found the 'lore' of RuneScape to be particularly bad. I'm not sure why, I've just never cared about any of it :s I liked the first Sea Slug quest, and Making HIstory, and that's it.

• Like 1

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

You make no sense...

I really don't mean to be cynical about this, but do you guys actually care what happens? I've always found the 'lore' of RuneScape to be particularly bad. I'm not sure why, I've just never cared about any of it :s I liked the first Sea Slug quest, and Making HIstory, and that's it.

I've always been drawn to it by its potential and honestly since around 2004 to present playing runescape I've been wanting another god wars or interactions and its great seeing it come. Yeah some stories as lore are off base or shallow, but hey it's nice.

On another note I'm excited to see if we will have a genuine world instead of a static one. Meaning I would enjoy seeing the distruction and change.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Good thing I caught that line about being teleported into combat upon login.

I banked everything.

That way when I die 10 times because I can't see the screen because it's loading, then it won't matter.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

You make no sense...

It's going to be cool to be thrown into the Sixth Age and straight into the Battle of Lumbridge - it's going to undeniably be an immersive experience when you have the new audio and graphics.

And then you realise you have no clue how to open your inventory and get killed by a pile of imps.

• Like 2

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

You make no sense...

It's going to be cool to be thrown into the Sixth Age and straight into the Battle of Lumbridge - it's going to undeniably be an immersive experience when you have the new audio and graphics.

And then you realise you have no clue how to open your inventory and get killed by a pile of imps.

You would say that - Saradomin mage.... lolololol

I suspect it to be quite safe actually.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

So what are they actually releasing in just over an hour?

Is it basically HTML5 BETA for everyone? Or just the NIS? Or am I missing something?

Basically RS3, world events and the NIS. HTML5 beta is still just that, but you can play it on live. It is still labeled as a beta and treated as one so be mindful of that.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Is it basically HTML5 BETA for everyone? Or just the NIS? Or am I missing something?

Basically RS3, world events and the NIS. HTML5 beta is still just that, but you can play it on live. It is still labeled as a beta and treated as one so be mindful of that.

So it's basically RS2.5 until RS3 (HTML5) comes out? Or am I still not understanding things correctly?

It's a lot of stuff at once. New Interface, HTML5, Battle of Lumbridge, New Audio. Possibly other stuff I've forgotten.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Good thing I caught that line about being teleported into combat upon login.

I banked everything.

That way when I die 10 times because I can't see the screen because it's loading, then it won't matter.

When was that said?

howlin1eeveesig.png

RS3 is: Runetek 7 (updated server side engine, new audio engine), new interface system, world events. The new rendering engine (which uses HTML5) is no longer part of RS3. It will remain as a beta until it's ready for release.