22-Jul-2013 - RuneScape 3!

SwreeTak

It's because there is a glitch that makes Zamorak guys get twice the usual amount of contribution when turning in their tears.

inb4it'sintentionalandJagexjustwantstogiveZamorakachancetowin

(Coincidentally, Saradomin has almost exactly double the contribution of Zamorak, making Zammy guys gain double the contribution points would equalize it over time.)

29axxdh.png

Also, for anyone who's interested...

Moia will talk about Bilrach with the Runite Token, but practically just sidetracks herself and goes on about Zamorak in different worlds. I don't think she said anything we didn't already know.

• Like 2

2dgucz6.png

3KiNk.png

He kinda has a point. Though I don't think the followers of those gods should side with Saradomin, but the majority of them don't understand lore so they just think Saradomin, Seren, and Armadyl are good gods and the rest are bad.

Also that post made me laugh

He kinda has a point. Though I don't think the followers of those gods should side with Saradomin, but the majority of them don't understand lore so they just think Saradomin, Seren, and Armadyl are good gods and the rest are bad.

Also that post made me laugh

+1: I was surprised that there really is no option to be neutral in this pariticular battle. I get that Saradomin and Zamorak are the two "primary" Gods in this affair (with maybe Zaros), and its a general light / dark side choosing here, but like you said, there is so much more to the Gods than a pure good or evil - particularly with Saradomin.

I'm hoping down the line, as the other Gods show up, that there's more of a decision to be made, with great story to go along with it. For instance, I'm an Armadylean - so when he shows up, I'm kinda hoping he'll have this conversation of sorts with Saradomin and be all like: "WTF bro? This ain't how we discussed this would go down!" (Though I seriously doubt he would talk like that! xD ) And then pull out all the stops, call in the remnants of the Aviansie and the other species he discovered in his travel, and take over :D

ArchangelSignature.jpg

I know that guy :P He would post something like that. Seriously though... I think what they should have done was make you stick to your emissary choice. And maybe only the people who chose Saradomin or Zamorak for their emissaries should have their points counted for this event, although naturally everyone else can still participate. Although I don't really like that people should be stuck on one side forever... But then they might just switch emissaries and it would be pointless to only have the two count anyway.

They even could have had all sides, but only Saradomin and Zamorak present on the battlefield, while the other sides could gather the shards for their own holdings. Maybe a little halfass to do it that way, but still better than this.

2dgucz6.png

I think a battle between two of the strongest gods is a good first event. The problem is with people blindly choosing "good" over "evil". Probably 90% of the people doing the event haven't read the emissary book in its entirety yet.

I do think in a Sara vs Zammy fight most of the 8 factions naturally align with Sara more than Zammy:

Zaros - Zammy killed their god, obviously go for the side that isn't him

Sliske - Technically a Zarosian so same as above applies

Armadyl - In terms of lore and style has always been seen as the closest to Sara

Bandos - Just likes war so no real preference

Seren - Could argue that Zammy caused the godwars that caused her destruction so Sara would be an obvious choice or that Sara actually aims for prolonged peace long term which ought to appeal to the pacifisit part of Seren lore

Godless - Could argue that Sara's long-term peace 1 god concept would appeal most to them opposed to Zammys general chaos, though this would only be a minor influence on siding.

So arguably 4-6 of the 8 factions naturally align with Sara in this fight in terms of lore, whilst 1-3 lack huge swaying factors either way and only 1 is really strongly aligned with Zammy (Zammy faction itself)

But I do agree a lot of people are looking at it as good vs evil

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I think you're wrong about a lot of those.

Zaros/Sliske: would rather kill Zamorak on their own. Saradomin is a also a bigger threat.

Armadyl: blatantly lied to by Saradomin

Bandos: would probably prefer chaos over false justice and hope.

Godless: would want the gods to destroy each other, rather than having Saradomin try to be the only god.

Seren is basically a soccer mom so she doesn't matter that much.

Reasonable to post this here too

Zarosians would rather have Zamorak beat Saradomin because

1. Saradomin would be more powerful than Zaros if he won

2. Zaros would like to kill Zamorak himself

3. Zamorak wouldn't try to kill Zaros (unless Zaros attacked him, of course), but Saradomin would

4. Saradomin is basically the same thing as Zaros, so there can only really be one of them

Thank God I am not alone! Every person I've talked to in game who supports Zaros have all fundamentally said the same thing "I've picked Saradomin because Zamorak stole his power/killed him".

But if you truly support Zaros then would it not be more in his favour to try and deal a blow to Saradomin? You know, the guy who knows where every single elder artefact is, has a huge support base and has been around since a time before Guthix, he's one of the oldest and most dangerous Gods.

I initially sided with Saradomin, then realised it didn't make a single sense, so I flipped to Zamorak.

The flip is due to largely the fact that out of all of the gods, should him be left alive, have the greatest chance to find the Stone, and thus make him even more powerful than he already is. Second, he arrived on Gielinor first, and immediately after Guthix's death, and makes his intentions rather clear.

Of course, as a Supporter of Zaros, I'd also like to see Zamorak dead (possibly solely out of vengeance), but I'd wait until Saradomin dies a horrible death.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

3:30 am lore thoughts with Meredith:

What if the horn artifact isn't a straight up horn. Maybe it's attached to a helmet or something. Are there any powerful horned helmets? I heard someone on the rsof say we've touched the horn so it can't be Quin's.

Also a horn can be defined as "A source of strength" so maybe it's not a horn at all.

Man that's deep.

Anyway on the side of which god and bla bla bla.

Before TWW, I was siding with Saradomin as it seemed he wanted "peace" all around, but after TWW he turns out to be just a massive power hungry douche.

When talking to Padomenes, he says that Saradomin is "The one true god. All other so-called gods are nothing more than pretenders to Saradomin's rule.", "Only Saradomin is born to be a god. The power of the others is the result of greed and envy - stolen power.".

"When the fight is over he will protect and guide us."

"But those who refuse to see the truth and stand in our way as Zamorak does now. They leave us no choice: they must be destroyed!"

So there's really no peace, it's a matter of just killing off those who don't believe in Saradomin and leave the only ones who do alive.

Since there's no godless faction in this battle I just chose the god I used to follow over the one I didn't.

Wonder how many people actually made their decisions based on the lore like they were "supposed" to.

I sure as hell didn't :lol:

I didn't, I just hated Saradomin more than I hated Zamorak.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

I can't fathom how small your screen would have to be to require you to play on fixed. When I load up the beta on my chrome book. (11" screen) I play on re sizable and it fits just fine.

I have a laptop that I bought only a few months ago that is all up to date (or should be anyways) and what not, and can handle full-screen. I prefer to play on fixed and on minimum (or low) detail, and I have always preferred it so.

• Like 2

I picked Zamorak because Saradomin is the bigger evil of the two. Also, I want Zamorak here when Zaros gets back. :P

I again have a question, I've been looking on the RSOF, on the wikis and so on, but I don't seem to find an answer: how can you zoom out/in in your minimap? Because I've seen people where the whole GE is seen on, while I can't even see 2 rooms in Dungeoneering. :s

This picture has been going around the HLF according to Reddit. Looks legit.

F7w2afr.jpg

Seems like the boss for some sort of "God Invasion" themed update in the future. Jagex did mention that some gods would try to take over certain places--perhaps this is one of the minions that will be leading the charge in the RS3 world events.

Anyone else remember this? Hopefully we'll get to see them sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Do you mean how to drag it to make it bigger? In which case just unlock your interface and drag it to the size you want. Not sure if you can actually zoom in/out.

No, really zoom in. Wait, I'll search some pictures.

EDIT: took a few pics from the picture thread.

3KaBx.jpg

Here we see a pretty small minimap, but the minimap is zoomed out a lot. You can see whole the Heroes Guild.

Now, take this pic.

QTKKjVD.png

The minimap here is larger, but take a look at the Heroes Guild, we can't even see halve of it.

So there must be some kind of zooming possible within the minimap. I've seen people with the whole of GE on a small minimap. And I don't think it has to do with the zooming in the game itself, as you can see in above pics, their camera hangs at about the same height.

I kind of regret buying 3 month membership last month.... Because now I can't even play the game. wasted money. le sigh

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum