22-Jul-2013 - RuneScape 3!

SwreeTak

genetic engineering

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

655 metal fragments. Got all Infernal pieces quite a while ago. I think it's time to call it a night. :)

What exactly are you talking about here?

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Almost forgot to post this.

HTML5 Zamorak:

orqzqx.png

Bacon wings :lol:

I think zammy looks more like a draq queen tbh...

Honestly the wings over did it for me too. I think the rest of his design was great and fitting, but the gigantic wings over do it in me and went way too far in the direction to make him appear "overly evil" and even take away from his presence.

Also find it odd, atleast lore wise, that Saradomin has had a completely different design in this event. Into the more traditional long white beared, "overly good" looking God. His previous design in World Wakes and Ritual gave him a demanding presence (he stood out) but it didn't strike you right away he was "good." His design in this event does though (thinking papa smurf)

On a very happy note, Jagex after many years of suggestion. Has added a specific Lore sub-forum on the official forums to specifically discuss the lore of Runescape :D

Edit:

To compare the look of Saradomin (before and after):

Before:

120px-Saradomin.png

After:

640px-Saradomin_confronting.png

siggy_zps7b2911b4.png

655 metal fragments. Got all Infernal pieces quite a while ago. I think it's time to call it a night. :)

What exactly are you talking about here?

Metal frags are for those weapon skins.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Before:

120px-Saradomin.png

After:

So, Zamorak hit the gym to get a nice washboard stomach and the dress to compliment it and Saradomin decided to not be a blue hippy went for a trim and a fancier suit.

THEY GROW INTO MURDEROUS, DEPRAVED MEGALOMANIACS SO FAST <3

• Like 2

hzvjpwS.gif

How the Battle is going so far

3JyJn.png

On another note:

I was thinking today, ways of how this battle could have saved itself from the grindfest. And I came up with this;

At first, you start as a recruit within the ranks so you get asked to collect X amount of tears.

After said mission is done, you get assigned to kill some of their soldiers (possibly an instanced mission, solo) to prove your worth to Saradomin's/Zamorak's cause. This would award you some tears

After you've succeeded, you can team up with other players who also have gotten this far and form a Squad, in a dungeoneering kind of style. And you can take on squad missions such as;

-Infiltrate the enemy's camp and assassinate some soldiers without being spotted

-Infiltrate the enemy's camp and steal supplies

-Take on a front assault to the enemy's camp and kill a lot of soldiers, then withdraw after X amount of time (So pretty much, a survival mission)

Rewards from these missions include Squad Points (Used to get even better missions, each person would get the same Points reward, or a reward based on how well they performed during the mission) and tears

In order to make Squads available for everyone, you don't have to have the same Squad all the time, so, say Mission 1 requires 200 Squad Points, if you have a Squad with each member having 200+ points, you can all go. So pretty much Squad Points allow you to go on party missions, while keeping it open to join any party that meets the reqs

After you do some reqs, like repeating each mission 2 times and having X amount of Squad Points, a special mission will open to you. One that each player can only attempt once a week, a Squad Mission that consists in stealing some important intel from the enemy camp, this would be a very difficult mission, involving sneaking in, stealing the intel, and possibly fighting your way out of the camp, should you succeed, every Squad Member will have a new mission unlocked thanks to the intel gathered; Assassinate a high rank officer of the enemy's camp. Should you fail this mission, you'll give the opposing faction a hefty amount of tears.

On this final mission you just unlocked, your abilities would be tested to the limit, resulting in a boss battle with the high rank officer. Would be similar to the Warband battles with soldiers on you and the officer, but obviously harder, maybe throw in some special moves that aren't abilities.

Should you succeed in this mission, and not only you'll gain tears for your faction, but you'll take them from the enemy. And every Squad Member will get a Title unlocked. Should you fail, and the rewards will be opposed, so you'll end up giving your tears to the enemy.

Also, there would be a HiScores section for Squad Points. Maybe the possibility of having a perm Squad that doesn't limit you on joining others (So, you'd get HiScores rank for yourself with Squad Points, and then a separate rank for your perm Squad as a whole if you completed the mission with them) and while you do missions with Squads that aren't your perm, you'd gain Squad Points but no ranks on the Perm Squad. Should you get bored of your Perm Squad, you could leave it an form another one, but beware, because you'd lose all the Perm Squad Points in doing so (After all, the Perm Squad Points are meant to represent the points of that unique squad of four unique people, changing someone would ruin it)

And this is the NPC part of the battle. After you unlock the Squad option, you can also take on PvP missions;

You can grab your Squad and wait in some kind of lobby for a Squad of the other faction to enter that lobby too, you'd get paired up on a PvP mission if the total Squad Points from both Squads are close enough. And there could be several PvP missions, such as;

-First to reach the enemy's camp and steal supplies wins (Similar to the NPC mission, just that this time you'd be up against players and NPCs)

-Engaging the opposite squad in a squad only battle; each player would get their life points boosted by x10 (So the battle can last some time), and the winner would take tears directly from the opposing players, so in order to accept this mission, each Squad Member would have to 'bet' tears. In a staking kind of way. Doing these PvP Squad Missions would get you PvP Squad Points and PvP Perm Squad points accordingly, following the same rules stated in the previous paragraph.

You could also join another PvP mission solo, one that never ends, which is joining an instanced part of the fight (In order to make it look realistic, it could be fought below the ground) where only players are there, constantly killing each other with no risk on death or tears, but they'd get 25 or so tears or so for each kill they make, and some rank for the PvP section of the HiScores

I know this is Off-Topic to the actual update, but I just felt like writing a way to make this update actually feel like a battle, gaining your trust through the faction, and then performing the most daring tasks, because, in what kind of battle you start gathering stuff in the battlefield along with your enemy?

~~~~~~~~~

Now on a related note on the update;

Apart from the glitches, I really like NIS, it's taking me some time to get used to it because of the new binds (Gotta hate pressing the F keys during PvM). And well, since I have a 1440x900 screen, I can't fit all the stuff as I'd like. But even so, the actual battle of lumbridge does not feel like a battle at all, I think I heard somewhere that every week it changes, but I'm not sure if the change is in the mechanics of the battle, or the environment, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

OH! it's hawt, finally Runescape 3/New RS engine is here...

can't wait for the new Skill,

i don't know why but i have feeling with this new RS Engine the second new skill is Riding...

Fairly happy with RS3 so far, my only real issues with it are:

1) Hovering your mouse over players doesn't show their name/combat level etc.

2) Private chat has to be in a chat box.

3) Changing between tabs is so clunky. What was wrong with having all the tabs as they were in RS2? Much easier to use.

Other than that though, it seems alright. Will take some getting used to but I definitely don't hate it.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

- My preset save isn't saving properly (locking bars and hopping sees action and chat bars swap spots and move), which is a pain in the rectals

- Rotation arc of camera is going to take some getting used to

- Wish I could have the friends and clan lists in the same "tab"

- I want my [bleep]ing comp cape back Jagex

Mostly like it.

Oh yes. WHY is my worn equipment unavailable closed when I want to bank and when I attempt to open my gear to remove stuff WHILE in bank it kicks me out.

sadface/10

IDK WHY IT'S WORKING THEN NOT ARGH

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Before:

120px-Saradomin.png

After:

So, Zamorak hit the gym to get a nice washboard stomach and the dress to compliment it and Saradomin decided to not be a blue hippy went for a trim and a fancier suit.

THEY GROW INTO MURDEROUS, DEPRAVED MEGALOMANIACS SO FAST <3

Zammy does look hench, especially with his like 8 pack... But I swear, if that dress came off we'd more than likely find he's been missing leg days.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Anyone elses hotkeys not working properly? My WASD keys work and then don't work, work and then don't work. Every other time I log in, Same for the ability bar hotkeys. (I use WASD because my arrow keys are microscopic on my laptop).

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Anyone elses hotkeys not working properly? My WASD keys work and then don't work, work and then don't work. Every other time I log in, Same for the ability bar hotkeys. (I use WASD because my arrow keys are microscopic on my laptop).

Had this problem yesterday - had to relog and it worked.

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

The best hunter setup no longer works. If you try to place the se trap, it says it will wither because it's too close to the ocean. You have to move the entire setup 1 square west to work. No idea how much of a nerf this is, I expect something in the range of 330k->320k xp/hour.

3JIYs.png

Things I would like to see, but I know I never will/will wait a while:

Clicking off of the bank interface to exit&move again (JESUS CHRISTAJSGREKWADSFGADSGKARSDAGA) or ESC to close the bank interface

ESC to close the bank interface was working for me yesterday.

maraxussig4.png

Is there a list somewhere of the new music tracks done? Or the ones redone with the symphony?

[qfc]330-331-586-65087083[/qfc]

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

System Update

Hey all,

We launched a system update at approximately 5:30BST, which was to fix the following issues:

-Camera shakes will no longer continuously play.

-Some black screen issues have now been fixed.

-Defence abilities used from the ability book now function correctly.

-Made another fix to stop the actionbar from disappearing.

-Disabled lootshare on non-lootshare worlds.

-Corrected some spells that incorrectly required a target.

-Stopped quick inventory slots from activating whilst typing.

-Made some fixes to how email validation works with accounts with no display name.

-Added the automatic unlock music code back into login.

Mod Easty

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

Yay!

Nothing to address the lack of usability for fixed screen!!!

Best update ever!

• Like 1

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I decided to try it out today (I have been on a lengthy hiatus from RS, logging only for my spins), and the only thing I have to say is that the new fixed screen is totally confusing and hideous. I guess I will figure it out later.

• Like 1

The kind of new features and changes needed to "fix" Fixed Screen into something a bit more usable for people with tiny computer screens will take longer than a day. I'd say expect some usability changes within a week or two. Until then, it's pretty simple to add/remove/shrink most of the interface features to get something that you can use a bit better than the default setup.

I'm not sure if the increased spawn rate for Battlefield soldiers was included in this system update or not--anyone noticing a crazy amount of soldiers fighting each other now?

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner