22-Jul-2013 - RuneScape 3!

SwreeTak

I can't fathom how small your screen would have to be to require you to play on fixed. When I load up the beta on my chrome book. (11" screen) I play on re sizable and it fits just fine.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

I'm kinda surprised how well RS3 works on the 1st day of release. A few things have been annoying me.

-Actionbar sometimes stops working, unless i click on it with the mouse. Kind of annoying.

-Interfaces completely vanish when you click on the World Map and immediately on something else. World Map doesn't open, but everything else vanishes.

-Interfaces get messed up completely when you click on a Diseased Livid.

I decided to try it out today (I have been on a lengthy hiatus from RS, logging only for my spins), and the only thing I have to say is that the new fixed screen is totally confusing and hideous. I guess I will figure it out later.

I can't fathom how small your screen would have to be to require you to play on fixed. When I load up the beta on my chrome book. (11" screen) I play on re sizable and it fits just fine.

I've said that the reason that I play in fixed is because I can not see the text in the game; it is too small. Much smaller than 12pt font by far. I zoom in 200%. And I was able to zoom in a nice 200% on the old fixed and see the WHOLE game window. It was, more or less, full screen.

But now, they not only made the fixed screen size slightly bigger (before there were useless buttons at the top to open the site/forums), but the NIS leaves a lot of wasted space so much that even in the same amount of space, you SEE less of the game.

However it is rectified in the HTML5 beta, but I can't play that, as it likes to take random controller input to move the character.. And I use the left stick on my controller to move the mouse for ergonomical reasons.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I decided to try it out today (I have been on a lengthy hiatus from RS, logging only for my spins), and the only thing I have to say is that the new fixed screen is totally confusing and hideous. I guess I will figure it out later.

I've said that the reason that I play in fixed is because I can not see the text in the game; it is too small. Much smaller than 12pt font by far. I zoom in 200%. And I was able to zoom in a nice 200% on the old fixed and see the WHOLE game window. It was, more or less, full screen.

But now, they not only made the fixed screen size slightly bigger (before there were useless buttons at the top to open the site/forums), but the NIS leaves a lot of wasted space so much that even in the same amount of space, you SEE less of the game.

A much easier solution would be to just get some glasses.

• Like 2
Sylpheed.png

Fixed screen needs some tweaks to make it reasonable either way.

And there are a few other tweaks I would like:

- ability to seperate game chat from the others so I can put game messages into its own window

- ability to put private chat into its own spot above chat again

- CLICK THROUGH CHAT/OTHER INTERFACES

- seperate transparency for main interfaces and others such as the bank. I don't need seperate transperency per individual window, but the bank should NOT be that transparent..

- why can we still not choose the default action for items on the action bar??

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

- ability to seperate game chat from the others so I can put game messages into its own window

- seperate transparency for main interfaces and others such as the bank. I don't need seperate transperency per individual window, but the bank should NOT be that transparent..

I think some people have managed to split the chat screens. I'm not sure how though

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

I think some people have managed to split the chat screens. I'm not sure how though

Just draw the tabs with the puppets out of the main chat bar...

• Like 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

What was Zamorak looking for in the cutscene?

The source of the Tears of Guthix--which has turned into the crazy vortex thing at the center of the crater because of Guthix's death releasing his life energy freely into the world.

Basically he was looking for power.

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

Anybody know how quite a fair amount of people have got 900+ contribution already on the Zammy side for BoL?

Could say it's rather...chaotic.

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Has anyone done any looking into the fastest way to get the divine shard thingies?

I noticed that it seems to work per action you get a chance at getting them during regular skilling but it counts each pure ess as an action. Case in point I got 3 sets of divine shards from crafting one inventory of ess.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

The Faction High-Scores seem to still be very glitchy. It wasn't until very late yesterday that they showed Saradomin's stats at all :P Some time during the afternoon yesterday they fixed it and it seems like it is counting the before-fix and after-fix amounts as additional for the Zamorakians that did show up. (Still doesn't explain the extra 6 on the leaders for each side)

I would imagine that Jagex is looking into it.

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

655 metal fragments. Got all Infernal pieces quite a while ago. I think it's time to call it a night. :)

What exactly are you talking about here?

Metal frags are for those weapon skins.

Yep. I had thought I would be one of the first people to unlock one, but from RSWiki it seems at least a fair amount of people already have. I find this kind of strange simply because I don't think there is a faster way to get them than what I was doing. Anyway, I think I'll just grind out the rest of the shards for the hammer tonight after reset. If the soldier spawn number and/or rate actually did increase it should make this even easier. The Greathammer looks the best IMO, even if I won't be using it in actual combat as I don't use CM. The staff resembles crozier too much for my liking and I could care less for a longbow.

I'm also a bit under 500 divine tears from the Runite Token. Hopefully tonight I can post a picture of the hammer and see what Moia has to say about Bilrach. :)

EDIT: For that matter I'd like to see what Moia has to say about Enakhra... Mahjaratt catfight pls =P~

2dgucz6.png

655 metal fragments. Got all Infernal pieces quite a while ago. I think it's time to call it a night. :)

What exactly are you talking about here?

Metal frags are for those weapon skins.

Yep. I had thought I would be one of the first people to unlock one, but from RSWiki it seems at least a fair amount of people already have. I find this kind of strange simply because I don't think there is a faster way to get them than what I was doing. Anyway, I think I'll just grind out the rest of the shards for the hammer tonight after reset. If the soldier spawn number and/or rate actually did increase it should make this even easier. The Greathammer looks the best IMO, even if I won't be using it in actual combat as I don't use CM. The staff resembles crozier too much for my liking and I could care less for a longbow.

I'm also a bit under 500 divine tears from the Runite Token. Hopefully tonight I can post a picture of the hammer and see what Moia has to say about Bilrach. :)

EDIT: For that matter I'd like to see what Moia has to say about Enakhra... Mahjaratt catfight pls =P~

It's like 6.5 hours per weapon, so it'd make sense for a lot of people to have at least one on the release day.

Yes. Dragging the chat icon out of the all chat creates a new window. It's a bit too invasive since it has the full window design, but it works nonetheless.

This isn't what I meant.

Here is what I *want*

1) Make game, anouncements, and local chat stuff each be their own chat tabs.

2) Make the "all" tab be a special tab which gets created in ANY window which has more than 1 chat tab.

3)For each all tab the following would be true

3a) It would be an all chat tab containing toggles for any chat type within that window.

2b) It would have the ability to show or hide various chats from that window, along with seperate filter controls

4) Completely de-link the chat-enter box from the chat windows.

4a) enable it so that a single chat enter line is on screen

4b) using /, //, ///, will always send that chat to the requisite chat window, (maybe only if it is currently visible) It would NOT change tab focus.

4c) chat windows would not "have" focus, ever. Changing chat types would not change window focus.

4d) using /c, /f, /p would change your default chat type. But it wouldn't change the focus of your chat window(s)

5) Option in settings to hide any chat tabs which are selected as "visible" in that window's "all chat"

Example: I drag clan and private chat into their own window. This creates a new "all chat" tab with the filters for clan and private, but not the game, local, or other channels. If I have the "hide extra chat tabs" option on, then the private and clan chat tabs would be invisible, unless I disable their visibility in the "all chat" tab, created on that panel.

6) Allow creation of duplicate views of a channel.

These changes enable having two side-by-side chat windows showing different things, ie:

*) show all my non-game messages (local, friends, clan, guest clan) in one tab without game messages.

*) show game + announcements in another

*) enable game filter without filtering world wide announcements

*) enable correct chat entry when multiple chat windows are on screen.

This also supports numerous other arrangements, with a lot more control over chat, and without confusing semantics about which chat "line" is focused causing us to have to physically click chat windows to get chat in focus.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Yes. Dragging the chat icon out of the all chat creates a new window. It's a bit too invasive since it has the full window design, but it works nonetheless.

This isn't what I meant.

Here is what I *want*

1) Make game, anouncements, and local chat stuff each be their own chat tabs.

2) Make the "all" tab be a special tab which gets created in ANY window which has more than 1 chat tab.

3)For each all tab the following would be true

3a) It would be an all chat tab containing toggles for any chat type within that window.

2b) It would have the ability to show or hide various chats from that window, along with seperate filter controls

4) Completely de-link the chat-enter box from the chat windows.

4a) enable it so that a single chat enter line is on screen

4b) using /, //, ///, will always send that chat to the requisite chat window, (maybe only if it is currently visible) It would NOT change tab focus.

4c) chat windows would not "have" focus, ever. Changing chat types would not change window focus.

4d) using /c, /f, /p would change your default chat type. But it wouldn't change the focus of your chat window(s)

5) Option in settings to hide any chat tabs which are selected as "visible" in that window's "all chat"

Example: I drag clan and private chat into their own window. This creates a new "all chat" tab with the filters for clan and private, but not the game, local, or other channels. If I have the "hide extra chat tabs" option on, then the private and clan chat tabs would be invisible, unless I disable their visibility in the "all chat" tab, created on that panel.

6) Allow creation of duplicate views of a channel.

These changes enable having two side-by-side chat windows showing different things, ie:

*) show all my non-game messages (local, friends, clan, guest clan) in one tab without game messages.

*) show game + announcements in another

*) enable game filter without filtering world wide announcements

*) enable correct chat entry when multiple chat windows are on screen.

This also supports numerous other arrangements, with a lot more control over chat, and without confusing semantics about which chat "line" is focused causing us to have to physically click chat windows to get chat in focus.

Basically you want WoW chat options.

3K3mx.jpg

Where say yell guild whisper party are general public clan party friends etc.

• Like 1

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

On an unrelated note, has anybody noticed that the more you rank up, the more that faction's npc (Padomenes or Moia) will talk to you? I'd like to see what Moia says...

there are also some interesting notes added by jmods in the official wiki about some aspects that aren't elaborated upon ingame

/lorefanatic

8f14270694.jpg

I haven't left Lumbridge since RS3 was released.

Help me please. ;_;

Why? You can get the shards from regular skilling...

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword