22-Jul-2013 - RuneScape 3!

SwreeTak

Speaking of the Crown Archival..

As Saradomin has fully returned, and the Crownallows Saradomin to locate Elder Artefacts anywhere in the Universe, surely the one he would seek out soonest is the SoJ, especially since no one knows where the SoJ is after ROTM.

I vaguely recall one of the news posts mentioning a "huge" 6th Age Quest on the horizon? Presuming Sarabastardomin survives the BoL, would it be a good guess that the next major quest would be preventing him from accessing the SoJ? This is dependant on the players own choice though of course.

I assumed that would be the Sliske quest "Missing, Presumed Death" that would include Icthlarin too. I doubt they'd make a quest that would be completely trashed if the world event changed things, and if they did I doubt they'd announce it in case it had to be scrapped.

@Binary mage: 21% is not the majority, it's the largest group. A majority would require more than 50% of the votes to be Guthix.

We haven't really had any evidence or lore that shows us why he is a positive influence on Gielinor yet. I'd put him in the same boat as Saradomin, Bandos, and Zamorak in that we really haven't been given much (if any) content that paints them in a positive light since the start of the Sixth Age.

I disagree on them not showing Zamorak in any sort of positive light. Moia's self-esteem was absolutely destroyed by her father, Lucien, who treated her like dirt. Now she's confident and one of the chief generals for a god due to Zamorak. They also showed that Zamorak actually has a purpose behind the chaos and isn't just destroying things for no reason. He's trying to spur growth through chaos and adversity. I'm still Zarosian and unless my lord grants him a pardon he must die, but I do believe the book of the gods gave him a bit more of a positive spin.

• Like 1

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

The fact that hybrid armor provides EQUAL defense to all classes is what makes it better.

Yes, it provides lower defense in general, but having 300 defense against everything is better than having 900 def vs one style and 0 in the other two, imho.

Yes but all you do is wear the armour that gives you 900 def vs the style the creature attacks with, if defence matters. Else you wear power armour and soulsplit.

Either way, hybrid armour comes up as significantly sub par.

Against something that uses multiple attack styles that do a lot of damage, I disagree. Having some hybrid armor (read: gloves and boots) is better than having just power gloves/boots on in that you take significiantly less damage.

For something that you can soul split, there really wouldn't be any need for defense, which is why power armor is better

What bosses do you not wear power armour or max defense to a single style to, out of curiosity. The only example I can think of is DKS. There is a reason for this. Wearing power armour for everyone but the tank(s) is significantly superior to wearing hybrid in any slot.

You'd probably get laughed out of any Nex/KK/Vorago team if you suggested tanking in hybrid gear.

Asmodean <3

Tormented demon, barrows, and a good portion of the bosses in Dominion Tower on an endurance run are a few more I can think of Fall Star. You have some good points, and I agree Hybrid armor is a subpar class, but don't totally discount it. It has some use, however limited that is.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Would it see more use if it didn't have such a massive defense penalty?

Yeah probably... I think they should switch the penalty of Power and Hybrid tbh...

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Absolutely! It should *not* have a 15 level reduction, and power should be even more low so that you have to consider it. That would be a much better design to me.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Does, however, prove my point that Sliske is far from the most appealing to a majority of people

But he does seem to be the one that the creators won't stop gushing about. That's the point I was trying to make when I brought him up.

Sliske is by far the most interesting content-wise, plus they wouldn't have made him kill Guthix if they didn't love them.

Has anyone here found any of the Rare Divine Shards from the Battlefield (the ones that give the four new titles)?

I've been harvesting pretty much to cap for three days now and I haven't found a single one, nor has anyone in my clan. I'm starting to wonder what circumstances they appear in--anyone got any details about what they were doing when they obtained them?

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

Yeah probably... I think they should switch the penalty of Power and Hybrid tbh...

Really? Grant power armour greater defence? Jeez... way to make Tank gear even more obsolete.

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

Has anyone here found any of the Rare Divine Shards from the Battlefield (the ones that give the four new titles)?

I've been harvesting pretty much to cap for three days now and I haven't found a single one, nor has anyone in my clan. I'm starting to wonder what circumstances they appear in--anyone got any details about what they were doing when they obtained them?

A clan mate of mine got one last night while fishing in the battlefield. I think it was 'the Boundless'.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

After killing one of the Zammy NPC's it said I was given the title, 'The Virtuous'. Is that what you're talking about?

Sylpheed.png

Really? Grant power armour greater defence? Jeez... way to make Tank gear even more obsolete.

Giving power armor a 15 level defence penalty would make it horrible to tank with. The defensive penalty to power armor right now is pretty much a slap on the wrist, it's almost nothing.

• Like 2

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I'm happy about the quick fixes to some small, yet annoying issues with the release of RS3. Only thing i want fixed now is the XP counter that doesn't stay hidden after you log back in, and the chatbox that messes up while doing certain things.

If talking about from purely shards point of view, skilling at battle field seems to be the fastest, about 1k an hour, but yields VERY little xp.

Tormented demon, barrows, and a good portion of the bosses in Dominion Tower on an endurance run are a few more I can think of Fall Star. You have some good points, and I agree Hybrid armor is a subpar class, but don't totally discount it. It has some use, however limited that is.

Endurance doesn't need it (soul split is usually enough to keep your health up, the only bosses where you will take damage is pretty much Pest Queen, and there is a way around Nomad's 1 LP attack, which is to Debilitate him, then laugh in his face), Climber on the other hand do, although one could argue that it's the luck of the bosses rather than actual gear setup.

Barrows certainly don't need hybrid armor either, the only you'd really need is power armor, since you should, unless you melee or range them with t75 or lower ranged weapons, only take damage from 2 brothers (3 if you count Akrisae), the other 4 shouldn't be able to land more than 1 hit on you (which is why I tend to recommend void armor for barrows, not for its hybrid, but for its damage/accuracy boosts).

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

not sure if they adjusted for this, but i think you can safespot akrisae anyway

the others can't even get the one hit if you bind them (now significantly easier as pressing a hotkey before attacking queues that ability)

8f14270694.jpg

You mean safe spotting by binding him or safe spot by blocking him on something?

If you mean by binding, I generally tend to find myself to be on a weapon switch cooldown when Binding shot wears off, and the fact that his max hit is absurdly high, tend to aggrevate me, a lot.

If you mean by blocking, I am pretty sure all safe spots have been removed in an update a long time ago.

I routinely avoid Akrisae now because he slows my runs down dramatic enough that it's more beneficial for me to skip him completely.

Lastly, I find binding to be more hassle than it's actually worth, I just simply use impact and take the first hit, (which tend not to be alot, since all barrow brothers barring Akrisae have a max hit of around 1000), use soul split to heal it back.

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

Wondering about the lumbridge town update things. Is the thing you vote for just what bonus xp were gonna get? Or will there be added herblore or crafting shop with this update. Then the ability to not chose an update to save up cash? does that mean there will be more expensive updates later?

Is there a complete list of all 4 updates to see what will come in the next weeks so we can plan this out? just worried were gonna vote for both and drain the funds to nothing if theres a more expensive, good option at the end.

also....theres a giant hole right by the tears of guthix.....wheres juna.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Wondering about the lumbridge town update things. Is the thing you vote for just what bonus xp were gonna get? Or will there be added herblore or crafting shop with this update. Then the ability to not chose an update to save up cash? does that mean there will be more expensive updates later?

Is there a complete list of all 4 updates to see what will come in the next weeks so we can plan this out? just worried were gonna vote for both and drain the funds to nothing if theres a more expensive, good option at the end.

It's not related to what kind of bonus xp we are going to get--it's simply what buildings and stuff will be built in Lumbridge, and stay there for the rest of Runescape. It's a pretty big deal :P I imagine some sort of shops or something like that will be added as options in future weeks, but at the moment noone is really sure what the Herbalist and Summoner are going to do.

I think spending the 40k on the Refugee Shelter is a worthy investment. I doubt there's much that matters more to the poor homeless residents of Lumbridge than having somewhere to take shelter from the God Wars for a little bit :3

But who knows what will happen in the future. We have to be pretty stingy after this one for a little bit.

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

^perhaps more because you already have 99 summoning and herblore and hence the XP would be useless to you? :P

tim_chenw2.png