22-Jul-2013 - RuneScape 3!

SwreeTak

Yeah, not everybody has 2 months holiday. Not to forget, I'd like to do something besides getting tears and metal shards the coming 10 weeks, you know, like the 25 skills we have, or the 26st that is coming out...

I really hope they do something about the grindfest. :s

Who has time to get 2k tears a day :s the drop rate is pitifully slow...

I can get my full 1320 in F2P in about 3.5 hours. I'm sure mems would be able to get 2k in a little over two. Of course not everyone is going to be willing to spend all their playtime everyday for two months just to get rewards from this.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

3) Other gods aren't present. We are told they are coming and while the Hybrid armor is "meh" for some, those players with true allegiance to either of the current gods benefit more than those who pick to wait for theirs to appear.

And you lose out on all of the rewards if you sit the war out until the side you prefer shows up. Of course there's going to be a 'mercenary' feel to the whole thing; most of the players participating in this are mercenaries.

This really shouldn't be surprising, considering that the leadup to the event was "The gods are terrible and you the player must protect people from them" and "You can choose which of the seven gods (and a neutral faction) you want to support, and have a real impact on which of them comes out on top". It's not surprising that there's very little loyalty when we're shoehorned into one of two choices and the battle itself is a glorified popularity contest where the loser gets killed off. Plus, it's very likely that the vast majority of players don't care about the lore; they're Zamorak followers because evil is cool and he gets red armor, they're Saradomin followers because until three months ago he was the 'good' god, they're Bandos followers because his armor is the best...

Really the entire event could have been much better. We should have at the very least been given special word from our faction as to who we should join. Like for example, players who follow Armadyl could have been told to join Saradomin as an "ally" completing certain task. On completion of those task we can gain rewards from Saradomin that could be "altered" by our emissary to show who we support. That way the emissary can get more task updated to them, like "Claim the wrapiest gloves from the Zamorakian Quartermaster and take them to Soran for a special Zaros binding" which would reward you with Zaros like gloves. That way everyone can receive some benefits while still supporting their god.

Yeah, not everybody has 2 months holiday. Not to forget, I'd like to do something besides getting tears and metal shards the coming 10 weeks, you know, like the 25 skills we have, or the 26st that is coming out...

I really hope they do something about the grindfest. :s

Mining has a decent drop rate for tears. Second best are fishing and woodcutting. It's not as good as on the battlefield, but if you are doing any gathering skill or slayer, you'll get tears. And if you don't AFK the battlefield you can get 2k tears and 100 metal fragments in 2 hours. Obviously, only people who have time will be able to get everything. If you don't have to the time then you should really just pick a side or manage which of the rewards you want the most. And on that note, metal fragments are 10x easier to get from Saradomin forces. At least until to 7 week...

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

I hope we switch winners at least once in the course of the event, simply because that makes for more tension and more excitement.

According to Mod Raven's data Zamorak was leading right at the start, for probably all of 10 minutes though L

I always knew Zamorakians came first and got tired out after 10 minutes.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Does anyone know if the new armor can be obtained from graves, degrades, and is free to get back?

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

It is actually quite doable.

At a modest count of 2k tears a day, you'll manage to get 140k tears in the time BoL is on (70 days). According to wikia, the current cost of items, per side, total to 65,500, so you'll only really need 131k tears for both sides, so 2k tears a day covers it quite nicely.

Assuming of course they don't increase the costs of the items, again.

And yes, you get 3 weapons from each side, as well as a 'dropped' title (I believe Virtuous and Powerful are side exclusive). You can make all 6 by getting 100 a day, which can be done in the time you are getting the 2k tears.

I do have 1 small gripe, the buyable titles on both sides differ only in color (zam is red, sara is blue), otherwise the titles are identical...

Who has time to get 2k tears a day :s the drop rate is pitifully slow...

I spend about an hour and half (at most) at the battle ground and got 2k tears daily without having much problems. The max a day is 3k, and the most torturous drop rates are towards the end, the beginning is pretty quick. However this assumes you value tears remotely anywhere close to XP (I do not value XP remotely as much as other people do).

Besides, I was speaking in a more relative term, for a Max of 3k tears a day, an average of 2k tears daily for rewards from both sides is rather tame, since you have plenty of breathing space.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Ever since the release of the new website it shows me something like "Axeso" login.. and asks me to create an account.

Is there anything wrong that I got installed or its just the website?

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

Ever since the release of the new website it shows me something like "Axeso" login.. and asks me to create an account.

Is there anything wrong that I got installed or its just the website?

That's something from the brazilian portuguese game if I'm correct.

How long will the event last?

Battle of lumbridge will last 10 weeks. Each week the duke of lumbridge brings us a new crisis. The crisis he brings us is set on a timer like the other weekly events that runs until wednesday night.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

can you change sides with tears still in your inventory? and if you do do you get to keep them and is there a cap on how many can be in your inventory?

thinking switch sides, store just enough tears in coffer for rewards and then keep rest for when you switch back to other side for rewards for next tier?

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Pretty sure if you don't turn the tears in at end of day your drop rate for the next day is lowered based on tear count.. Everything I forgot it seems my multiplier is lower... Can anyone confirm this? I think that would discourage keeping them until you switch...

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

well that puts a big dent in plans for getting both armor sets if its true...

unless when your renown resets it's just the token that resets and not what you have stored in the coffer?

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

A rundown of the Monday World Event Update's events that have happened:

1) Lumbridge Reconstruction vote has ended, and switched to a new one about guarding the town. No noticeable changes to the town because of the previous vote--I imagine it will happen in a system update tomorrow (as its a map change which cant be hotfixed)

2) The buff vote had ended--and a Reinforcement Unit vote has started. This one will last for 24 hours, after which another Buff Vote will start and last until next week. The two possible choices are Hero Units (50% chance to spawn instead of normal units, 50% more HP and heals allies around it) or Siege Units (10% chance to spawn, deals 100% more damage, bombards sections of the battlefield to harm units + players)

3) The Random Event Units have started occurring--Gatherers, Minelayers, Rogues, Medics, and Sharpshooters are all possible random events now.

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

well that puts a big dent in plans for getting both armor sets if its true...

unless when your renown resets it's just the token that resets and not what you have stored in the coffer?

Nope, switching sides will cause you to lose all renown (the currency you buy stuff with), rank and votes left over from the previous faction, and will not be restored if you ever switch back.

Not that it actually matters a lot, switching sides with 1500 tears in your inventory should let you start with a silver token, so in effect you'd have a head start.

With regards to the Tear rate, i'll let you all know later on today, I have about 1500 tears in my inv, so I should start with only x4 tear at the start.

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

Why did they even bother adding the divine tears as a drop for monsters. I got a divine tear drop from the corp earlier today and kind of just laughed to myself when I saw it was only 5. I understand you're supposed to be collecting these on the battlefield but damn they could at least make it 50 or something for bosses.

I doubt they individually added drops to every monster, but more a global thing that it may just be easier to add the same ammount to each monster rather than fine tune them for each monster.

tim_chenw2.png