22-Jul-2013 - RuneScape 3!

SwreeTak

So i just quick changed worlds and cannot wear my completionist cape anymore:

3R74o.jpg

?????????

You weren't aware you have to re-unlock the Completionist Cape for every server you play on? You can do it for free, by obtaining 13034k xp in each skill again, 106000k in DG if I'm not mistaken, as well as re-play all of the quests and minigames.

You'd think a player who has "completed" the game wouldn't be so ignorant.

You forgot to mention that you need to reobtain 13034k xp in each skill, once every time on every single standable non-instanced/quest square in the game, each time wearing another combination of outfits and weapons

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

3R74o.jpg

?????????

You weren't aware you have to re-unlock the Completionist Cape for every server you play on? You can do it for free, by obtaining 13034k xp in each skill again, 106000k in DG if I'm not mistaken, as well as re-play all of the quests and minigames.

You forgot to mention that you need to reobtain 13034k xp in each skill, once every time on every single standable non-instanced/quest square in the game, each time wearing another combination of outfits and weapons

In every language currently available - google translate will be counted as macroing.

• Like 1

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

3R74o.jpg

?????????

In every language currently available - google translate will be counted as macroing.

Google translate can't work with the game's client, though. Plus I don't see how you would NEED google translate to play the game in every language.. Plus you can't do it in every language unless you create another account for that language, as accounts are shared across the foreign translated worlds. Burn.

3R74o.jpg

?????????

Google translate can't work with the game's client, though. Plus I don't see how you would NEED google translate to play the game in every language.. Plus you can't do it in every language unless you create another account for that language, as accounts are shared across the foreign translated worlds. Burn.

Did you just say you share accounts with foreign worlds? As in people in foreign countries? Reported.

Never forget rule #1 of RuneScape: If you can't beat them, report them. If you can't report them, bot them. If you can't bot or report them, beat them.

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

3R74o.jpg

?????????

Google translate probably not, but other software? Probably.

3R74o.jpg

?????????

Did you just say you share accounts with foreign worlds? As in people in foreign countries? Reported.

Never forget rule #1 of RuneScape: If you can't beat them, report them. If you can't report them, bot them. If you can't bot or report them, beat them.

And if you can't beat them, whine to jagex so they nerf it
  • Like 1

3R74o.jpg

?????????

And if you can't beat them, whine to jagex so they nerf it

I was going to say buy spins, but yes, that is just as good.

So a simple comparison of our current UI and the UI first shown in the RS3 announcements:

IDJe7cz.jpg

Overall it retained a lot of similarity. Some things stick out, though:

1. Did we ever find out what that envelope (circled in the chat area) was during the beta period (before it was removed, assuming it was ever included)? I was hoping so badly for an offline-messaging system... though it was probably just a game-message tab.

2. Colored names in chat (assuming it would have been determined by if they were a friend, clanmate, etc.)

3. Missing icons in the main menu. Solomon's thing is still there, in a different place, but the Gambling box is yet to be added (and that scale thing, whatever that's supposed to be for).

4. Forgot to circle this, but in the WIP pic's minimap it said the name of the location, in the current version it's a static name for the window (Minimap).

5. I would love for smaller inventory spaces like the inventory in the WIP pic. Further, it would be sweet if inventory spaces and icons in other tabs would dynamically resize based on their given space.

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

So a simple comparison of our current UI and the UI first shown in the RS3 announcements:

IDJe7cz.jpg

Overall it retained a lot of similarity. Some things stick out, though:

1. Did we ever find out what that envelope (circled in the chat area) was during the beta period (before it was removed, assuming it was ever included)? I was hoping so badly for an offline-messaging system... though it was probably just a game-message tab.

2. Colored names in chat (assuming it would have been determined by if they were a friend, clanmate, etc.)

3. Missing icons in the main menu. Solomon's thing is still there, in a different place, but the Gambling box is yet to be added (and that scale thing, whatever that's supposed to be for).

4. Forgot to circle this, but in the WIP pic's minimap it said the name of the location, in the current version it's a static name for the window (Minimap).

5. I would love for smaller inventory spaces like the inventory in the WIP pic. Further, it would be sweet if inventory spaces and icons in other tabs would dynamically resize based on their given space.

The scale was planned to be the Grand Exchange interface--presumably once we get the GE/Bank interface NIS upgrade later this year the button will be there again. Apparently there is going to be some major changes that make a GE button actually an important part of the interface, and not just a pop-up whenever you're at the GE itself.

I do hope that some of the new interface upgrades later this year will include the chat text changes :D The smaller, clearer text and colored names is really something that I'd like to at least have as an option. There's a lot of the interfaces in the NIS currently that aren't at their final iteration for this year--I'm excited to see when we'll get our first set of upgrades.

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

you also forget that you can easily shrink all of those annoying bars on the top so you can get more space

That was intentional to make it more comparable #-o (and especially critical to point #4)

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

01/08 - 10:00

- Make particles a bit faster

- Some other optimisations to graphics

- Fix crash in right-click menu

- Fix crash at Nexus

- Fix missing items in Grand Exchange lookup

- Fix missing characters in French

- Fix scrolling of world map

- Tweak audio levels a bit

- Fix incorrect display of combat level when weapons are sheathed

- Improve efficiency of minimap

I really like that they're working on improving the efficiency of the minimap. It's still a bit sluggish to update on things but it's nothing unbearable, and only when I have it larger than the "standard" size.

hzvjpwS.gif

I really hope that they boost the NPC render distance, and possibly the world render distance.

You can have a hella large minimap, and can see item spawns ANYWHERE on the minimap, but not other players or npcs. Really limiting there.

• Like 1

The Battle of Lumbridge has now entered its 3rd Week, and so another Lumbridge Reconstruction vote has begun.

• The previous vote resulted in new Guardsmen being hired to protect the city.
  • The new vote is to decide which neighbor to ask for help from--the White Knights in Falador (15000), the neutral Varrockians (15000), Al Kharid (30000), or Do nothing (0).
  • And the Reinforcement Vote continues for another week, so we sadly are yet to see neat Hero units wandering about the battlefield.

Kind of sad that the consensus picked the expensive, boring option this week. :( I was sure they would pick the most interesting, expensive or not.

The Fallen Diviner

Its seriously annoying me how both times the lamest, most expensive option has won. Seriously the theives guild coulda made this battle intense

• Like 2

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

Wow, people actually voted for guardsmen? Gg coffers... We're gonna be forced to do nothing soon enough...

I voted for thieves' guild, was better than making a people's militia

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Indeed, I would love some thiefs in action, but hey, it's the year were we get to decide... Thank you community, of which most just get their rewards and don't give a shit about the consequences, I really appreciate you!

Also, I find it baffling to call Varrock neutral, as the main advisor of the King is a Saradominist and the whole city has eradicated the Zamorakians, who now have to hide underground or in the slums.

• Like 3

Kind of sad that the consensus picked the expensive, boring option this week. :( I was sure they would pick the most interesting, expensive or not.

To be honest, I'm kind of surprised people didn't select raising a militia. This is a war that could ravage the world and every hand is needed. Turn the defenseless liabilities into at least some people who could have a (slim) chance of surviving the coming days. Hell, it was cheaper, too.

Ah well. I would personally choose requesting reinforcements from Al Kharid or Varrock, leaning towards Varrock since they're truly neutral whereas Al Kharid would follow the will of the Desert Pantheon when they arrive on the scene. Varrock is not that much farther away after all.

hzvjpwS.gif

Either most people don't realize we have a limited amount of money to spend on these things or they just don't care that we'll be broke before week 10. It's really looking like the last few weeks it'll just default to the free option.

I'd be surprised if the treasury do not go bankrupt at the very earliest opportunity.

• Like 4

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Apparently, there is a non-zero (and potentially sizable) number of people that believe that the numbers next to each voting option is the amount of Bonus XP you get for voting for that option.

I fear for the future of Gielinor. :blink:

• Like 2

The Fallen Diviner

I would have just charged every player who wishes to use Duke's options by actually paying the initial 200k from them, then use the cost thing, so they KNOW it's the coffers being charged, not anything else (of course, late comers only needs to pay for the remaining coffer).

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Apparently, there is a non-zero (and potentially sizable) number of people that believe that the numbers next to each voting option is the amount of Bonus XP you get for voting for that option.

I fear for the future of the real world. :blink:

Fixed that for you.