22-Jul-2013 - RuneScape 3!

SwreeTak

I'm concerned with how the Duke is allocating our resources.

Of the options on the table, it costs 10k to send an emissary ACROSS A GIGANTIC GLOWING GREEN BATTLEFIELD to meet with the White Knights in Falador, but it costs 25k to hang with the boys in Al Kharid? No sense whatsoever.

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png

Of the options on the table, it costs 10k to send an emissary ACROSS A GIGANTIC GLOWING GREEN BATTLEFIELD to meet with the White Knights in Falador, but it costs 25k to hang with the boys in Al Kharid? No sense whatsoever.

I guess they raised the fee from 10gp to open the gate. :-)

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I don't think the troops Lumbridge could gather, guardsmen or allies, could stand against whoever wins the battle between the gods. I voted for 'do nothing' both times - in my opinion, Lumbridge should either evacuate or be a neutral sanctuary entirely devoted to healing.

• Like 1

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I guess they raised the fee from 10gp to open the gate. :smile:

Ya i voted the same and I was really annoyed at how fast the money is running out. Why are we(Lumbridge) recruiting more guards man or whatever they will have what maybe 500lp what the hell are they going to do to a god?

Duke Horacio: Hans, quick! What doth our fashionable citizens think we should do to fend off the saradominists as zamorakians?

Player: You crazy fool! I have single handedly slain Elvarg and brought peace to the shores of Misthalin.

Duke Horacio: Hur, hur rightly you have and for that I thank you!...

Player: And because of my experience I should justly be ranked as your personal advisor!

Duke Horacio: You make a fine point...

Duke Horacio: Damn it Hans I won't trim your damn fashionista friends antifire shield. I have more important things to mind!

Hans: But my liege, this rogue has slaughtered the guardsmen of other kingdoms with wild abandon, regularly threatens to kill everyone in this castle, and owns a cape signifying himself as a master thief! I've even heard rumors that he controls a fleet of eastern pirates and may be the reason that one of our castle's statues is now a part of the queen's garden in Varrock!

Duke Horatio: Egads! Is this true? What do you have to say in your defense?

Player: I... Er... Um... But remember that one time where I stopped your advisor from killing all those goblins?

Hans: You killed them all afterward.

• Like 3

Player: That doesn't matter. I'm more important than you, this castle, or the rocks this castle is made of! *Does mahjarat animation*

Player I an a member of the Champions, Heros, and Legends guild!

Hans: *cowers*

Player: I have killed a millon monsters and am a master slayer! I am the mighty slayer of chickens and wearer of fancy capes!

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Falador is much farther away and wouldn't get there as fast. Al Kharid could be there almost immediately, and charges appropriately. Made sense to me, though I can understand if people think that might be just trying to "explain away" the problem. And anyway, the Gods aren't really interested in Lumbridge itself, rather the energy beneath it. It's the soldiers endangering the lives of their citizens I think that would be the larger problem.

hzvjpwS.gif

I voted for siege units because I wanted to see them rip unsuspecting saradominists apart... Damn you all to hell...

QFT!

Saradomin mage covered it well... We are forced to live under the communities overpowering reward/fashionista desires. I would rather live under my own consequences. I mean some things like the reinforcements could remain communal, but maybe leave the whole duke of lumbridge crises thing as a personal player choice.

Yes, yes! My thoughts exactly, let the global impact of the battle be decided by the community but at least let us individually have an impact on how Lumbridge turns out!

I wanna feel like my votes will have a serious impact on the game in the way I envisage.

& more boring sara church stuff... In lumbridge.

Bah.

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

I think the idea is more that the Varrock Guard is more concerned about the people of Lumbridge than just one side or the other--and don't bring as much political (not necessarily religious) polarization as the White Knights or Kharidian Guard do. By asking for aid from Varrock, Lumbridge doesn't really gain any enemies or invite any ideology.

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

Why would they say Varrock is neural? Varrock is Saradominist!

They were? I always got the impression that they were indeed neutral, what with how the Myreque storyline played out and his guthixian advisor.

Varrock is ruled by a Saradominist king, but I agree on the idea that they are mostly neutral. They seem to have a good amount of Saradominists, previously Guthixian folks, Zamorakians, and a few mixed in random folks like the Zaros Emissary. (Left over from when it was a Zarosian town likely) It is certainly a town with a history of changing sides, internal civil war, and grey moral decisions.

They certainly aren't anywhere near as devoutly Saradominist as Falador--especially the Varrock Guard, which seems to be made up of a lot of different folks from the city itself with no apparent religious ties.

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

I think, bringing it more in to real world terms. Falador is kinda of like Vatican city or The bible belt in USA where most there are definitely actively religious to saradomin.

Varrock conversely I view as more sort of the rest of America or Uk where people are technically part of the faith but most aren't exactly actively religious and basically never bring it up other than on like census forms and even then have a little internal debate of which box to tick.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I think, bringing it more in to real world terms. Falador is kinda of like Vatican city or The bible belt in USA where most there are definitely actively religious to saradomin.

Varrock conversely I view as more sort of the rest of America or Uk where people are technically part of the faith but most aren't exactly actively religious and basically never bring it up other than on like census forms and even then have a little internal debate of which box to tick.

Yeah, I think this is pretty adequate. The arguing brothers in Edgeville is pretty good evidence of this; if they were in Falador, the Zamorakian guy probably wouldn't have his case heard at all.

Yeah, I think this is pretty adequate. The arguing brothers in Edgeville is pretty good evidence of this; if they were in Falador, the Zamorakian guy probably wouldn't have his case heard at all.

I read this as: "the Zamorakian guy probably wouldn't have his head at all." and nodded in agreement. Maybe RS could use a tiny bit more grittiness sometimes.

• Like 1

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Then you might have players calling shenanigans on rewards because they chose 'poorly' and got 'poor' rewards...

Your dumb for a reason, right?

You're*

If people are going to say gg then I petition your as the official spelling for the you are.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I was under the impression that Varrock wasn't neutral (at least not in the strictest sense of the word). Back in the Myreque line, the advisor refrained the king from taking direct action against the Werewolves crossing the river salve, apparently so that they would not "violate" the Edicts.

While back then I may have agreed, as plot goes further, I am inclined to believe that this is adviser's excuse. I think he was planning to have the Werewolves actually attack Varrock so gives him a reason to 'allow' them to invade Morytania since they 'violated' the edicts first.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Okay – three weeks in and I’ve still got the following “bugs” – not sure if they’re just me, or if everyone else is getting them:

1. Private Chat Colour: I cannot change the colour of my private chat. It’s red. And not that deep red either - it's that sickly pale salmony red that sucks. I hate red as a chat colour at the best of times, but this red really sucks. Worse still, it’s virtually unreadable for me. I can change the colour of the other chats, but not the colour of the private chat. Is this only me? :unsure:

2. Sudden shifting camera angles: I am finding that, from time to time, the camera angle will change suddenly – particularly after I teleport or climb over or through any obstacles – it zooms in/out/over/under/far left/right for no apparent reason whatsoever -- sometimes resulting in a gray screen. Fortunately, I can remedy the gray screen by clicking the compass in the mini-map.

3. Key binds - Abilities: From time to time these stop working. No idea why. One minute I am fine and able to make abilities happen through keystrokes, and the next I am completely unable to get them to work. I’m pretty sure that it has something to do with the exchange between the chat and the abilities. I think I may be getting stuck in a chat mode somewhere in the middle of combat. It gets annoying. <_<

Also, I’d like it if they could simply turn off the need to hit <enter> to re-use the chat each time I bank or open some other interface. Seriously, this gets annoying. I reduce my abilities bar for a reason – and that’s to use the chat without having to hit <enter> every time I want to say anything. Really.

Additionally, if I only want to send PM’s to someone – I will let you know, Jagex. In the meantime, please set it so that the PM’s stop sending after each message. It seems to me the only way to get out of the PM’s is to hit the ESC key and then the inevitable <entre> key.

Honestly, I have wrong-chatted so many people, I about to change my user-name to “Oops Wrong Chat”. :huh:

• Like 1

nyuseg.png

Pfft. I was wrong chatting before it was cool. #wrong chat Queen '12

But the pm thing, I actually like that. I don't mind pushing esc then enter when I want to return to another chat.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Okay – three weeks in and I’ve still got the following “bugs” – not sure if they’re just me, or if everyone else is getting them:

1. Private Chat Colour: I cannot change the colour of my private chat. It’s red. And not that deep red either - it's that sickly pale salmony red that sucks. I hate red as a chat colour at the best of times, but this red really sucks. Worse still, it’s virtually unreadable for me. I can change the colour of the other chats, but not the colour of the private chat. Is this only me? :unsure:

I have had no luck even changing any chat colors...

2. Sudden shifting camera angles: I am finding that, from time to time, the camera angle will change suddenly – particularly after I teleport or climb over or through any obstacles – it zooms in/out/over/under/far left/right for no apparent reason whatsoever -- sometimes resulting in a gray screen. Fortunately, I can remedy the gray screen by clicking the compass in the mini-map.

Have you enabled the RS3-style camera? It's in one of the settings pages. I found that helped me.

3. Key binds - Abilities: From time to time these stop working. No idea why. One minute I am fine and able to make abilities happen through keystrokes, and the next I am completely unable to get them to work. I’m pretty sure that it has something to do with the exchange between the chat and the abilities. I think I may be getting stuck in a chat mode somewhere in the middle of combat. It gets annoying. <_<

Whenever this happens, I can fix it by withdrawing a single coin from my pouch. I still don't know why that works but my guess is a buffer overflow of some kind...

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I have had no luck even changing any chat colors...

Ok - so it’s not just me. I know that I can change the colours of my general chat, friends chat, clan chat and visited clan chat because I’ve managed to do as much.

Have you enabled the RS3-style camera? It's in one of the settings pages. I found that helped me.

No – I will check this out when I get home though. Thanks!

Whenever this happens, I can fix it by withdrawing a single coin from my pouch. I still don't know why that works but my guess is a buffer overflow of some kind...

I will give that a try – but it I am not sure that will solve my issue. It most often happens while I am Dungeoneering …

Nonetheless, I appreciate the input. Thanks! :wub:

nyuseg.png

The keybinds have been bugged since EoC beta (I reported the bug in a limited form as I didn't understand it completely at the time). If you chat, they stop working, if you chat again, they start working again (also messages like 'inventory is full' while mining congold trigger it). I don't know if NIS did anything about that, but it seems it's not 100% patched yet.

• Like 1