22-Jul-2013 - RuneScape 3!

SwreeTak

To be honest, the relative gap "graphic" is bogus, I have no idea how Jagex calculated how wide that picture should be but it doesn't match putting sara and zammy as % of the whole, which would be the most accurate way to represent it..

Anyone here have any idea what formula they used to calculate the relative difference graphic?

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

The relative gap between the two has been pretty consistently going down since day one since it's been stable-ish at ~10m and the scores just keep going up making the relative gap ever smaller.

The gap has been growing by about 500k points per day, just because the relative gap is getting smaller doesn't mean the gap isn't growing.

To be honest, the relative gap "graphic" is bogus, I have no idea how Jagex calculated how wide that picture should be but it doesn't match putting sara and zammy as % of the whole, which would be the most accurate way to represent it..

Anyone here have any idea what formula they used to calculate the relative difference graphic?

Likely its something along the lines of, winning team gets XXX more bar at this amount of gap, if winning team is head by more increase by xxx, the graphic doesn't show anything.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Does anyone know the critera for getting into the instanced BOL?

As I understand it, it has to do with how many people are in the group battlefield. If there are too many people, you get an instanced one.

Personally, I prefer the instance. I have much less lag.

• Like 1

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

The relative gap between the two has been pretty consistently going down since day one since it's been stable-ish at ~10m and the scores just keep going up making the relative gap ever smaller.

The gap has been growing by about 500k points per day, just because the relative gap is getting smaller doesn't mean the gap isn't growing.

Which is why is specifically said the relative gap and made no statement what so ever about what the actual gap is doing overall.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Does anyone know the critera for getting into the instanced BOL?

As I understand it, it has to do with how many people are in the group battlefield. If there are too many people, you get an instanced one.

Personally, I prefer the instance. I have much less lag.

I want one, then.

Easy pickins of dem noobies with my ice rush from far away

Also more noobies running to get boom'd for me to tag

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I haven't done battle of lumbridge yet, will I miss out on something if I don't besides titles?

That zamorak symbol above my head along with the book, robes, cape & banner would look so amgawd awesome :o

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

I haven't done battle of lumbridge yet, will I miss out on something if I don't besides titles?

Hybrid Sara/Zammy themed armour with the same stats as dragon and a couple of emotes. But otherwise, not really.

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Which is why is specifically said the relative gap and made no statement what so ever about what the actual gap is doing overall.

Which is why I specifically pointed out that the "relative" gap is a completely useless static that means nothing.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Which is why I specifically pointed out that the "relative" gap is a completely useless statistic that means nothing.

The actual number gap is more important than the relative gap, but the percentage "relative" gap is useful for estimations of how much work would be involved. It helps create a better picture for people. Which is why the fact that the graphic is wrong on the game screen is even worse. It shouldn't be so small if the actual gap is nearly 1/3 of the entire amount earned by zamorak side.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Hybrid Sara/Zammy themed armour with the same stats as dragon and a couple of emotes. But otherwise, not really.

Not exactly the same, the hybrid armor should have better stats than dragon since there are no classes associated with them (meaning it should work equally well against any attack compared to dragon, and incur accuracy penalty of any kind).

It does however require level 75 to wear though...

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

That's a good point about the hybrid working against all attack types.

You only need level 25 to wear it, but stats won't be the same. The level 75 version has the same stats as dragon.

The armor itself, as far as I am aware, upgrades itself when you reach the appropriate levels. It starts at level 25, upgrades once at Level 55, and once more at level 75. If you have them equipped, reequipping will update the stats if you gained the level inbetween.

Which also makes the BoL armors the absolutely the best armor one can wear outside of Daemonheim (Actually, that may also include INSIDE daemonheim)

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

Obvious self-interest here, and a little off-topic, but I really wish that they'd give us some option to turn the old "Hybrid" armor sets from minigames into usable T85 Hybrid anywhere. The amount of time it takes to get this entirely free T75 Hybrid is a drop in the bucket comparatively and the whole "it's free so it shouldn't work outside of minigames" just doesn't fly anymore.

• Like 5

2dgucz6.png

Out of curiosity, what are the stats of hybrid armours in minigames?

- Armour-wise, are they still "good vs 2 and bad vs 1" or "good vs all 3" like the new hybrid class armour?

- Do they now have level 70 stats to make up for the hybrid class?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

my response to the NIS update:

tumblr_mf3pneyhal1qcm16uo1_r2_1280.jpg

This update had so much potential, and really jagex ignored the one thing that should have mattered: usability.

Things that players really liked and used (click through chat box, split private chat, f-keys) and really movable and resizeable menus didn't add much in terms of usability- the previous version was almost as usable- the benefits of being able to remove tabs you don't need and being able to have multiple windows open is nice, but overall the usability for customizing windows is really poor- not being able to close windows that pop up (I'm looking at you window-for-changing-quick-prayers) is a major pita, and the entire interface (not being able to have multiple rows of tabs) really just doesn't seem like it's designed with endgame combat in mind- and that's really what a movable, resizeable interface helps with. Ideas like adding two invent spots to the action bar, while not allowing them to be used for abilities, which is what they'd really be useful for, and what players want them for just shows how out of touch jagex is. Still think the update has a lot of potential- hot keys for windows, and quick prayer etc are really nice, and with a few improvements the update could be great.

Improvements for NIS:

-allow items/multi-optioned things placed in action bar to have different options and the last item you had right clicked would become the first option, the last right click option would be a lock-option to keep the current first option there until it is unlocked. This would allow for quick-dropping at barbarian/pines, faster bank skills (with the ability to use items on each other using hotkeys)

-the ability to split private chat again

-the ability to have multiple action bars

-put the inventory back where it's resized to while banking

-the hp/adrenaline/prayer should bottom/left allign when the action bar is minimized (or be entirely separate from the action bar?)

-money pouch detached from the inventory- it really takes up a lot of room at the bottom now when it could easily be tucked into some corner somewhere

-the ability for things to overlap- maybe this isn't possible due to technology limitations, but if it is it would be nice, especially for smaller menus

-the things around the edge of the world map (especially the run button!) need to be moved back to the outside of the map, it's too easy to accidentally press them as is.

-the chat box needs to be cleaned up still, all the buttons are clunky and I don't really know what they do without checking.

-FREE UP THE F-KEYS

I'm sure there's some I've missed but really a few simple, easy changes would really improve the NIS and it's ridiculous that jagex over-looked some of them, and even more ridiculous that many of them made it through the beta.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

This update had so much potential, and really jagex ignored the one thing that should have mattered: usability.

Things that players really liked and used (click through chat box, split private chat, f-keys) and really movable and resizeable menus didn't add much in terms of usability- the previous version was almost as usable- the benefits of being able to remove tabs you don't need and being able to have multiple windows open is nice, but overall the usability for customizing windows is really poor- not being able to close windows that pop up (I'm looking at you window-for-changing-quick-prayers) is a major pita, and the entire interface (not being able to have multiple rows of tabs) really just doesn't seem like it's designed with endgame combat in mind- and that's really what a movable, resizeable interface helps with. Ideas like adding two invent spots to the action bar, while not allowing them to be used for abilities, which is what they'd really be useful for, and what players want them for just shows how out of touch jagex is. Still think the update has a lot of potential- hot keys for windows, and quick prayer etc are really nice, and with a few improvements the update could be great.

Improvements for NIS:

-allow items/multi-optioned things placed in action bar to have different options and the last item you had right clicked would become the first option, the last right click option would be a lock-option to keep the current first option there until it is unlocked. This would allow for quick-dropping at barbarian/pines, faster bank skills (with the ability to use items on each other using hotkeys)

-the hp/adrenaline/prayer should bottom/left allign when the action bar is minimized (or be entirely separate from the action bar?)

-money pouch detached from the inventory- it really takes up a lot of room at the bottom now when it could easily be tucked into some corner somewhere

-the ability for things to overlap- maybe this isn't possible due to technology limitations, but if it is it would be nice, especially for smaller menus

-the things around the edge of the world map (especially the run button!) need to be moved back to the outside of the map, it's too easy to accidentally press them as is.

-the chat box needs to be cleaned up still, all the buttons are clunky and I don't really know what they do without checking.

-FREE UP THE F-KEYS

I'm sure there's some I've missed but really a few simple, easy changes would really improve the NIS and it's ridiculous that jagex over-looked some of them, and even more ridiculous that many of them made it through the beta.

They aren't done yet.

• Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Out of curiosity, what are the stats of hybrid armours in minigames?

- Armour-wise, are they still "good vs 2 and bad vs 1" or "good vs all 3" like the new hybrid class armour?

- Do they now have level 70 stats to make up for the hybrid class?

According to Wikia, They are still weak to the 3rd style. They all have actual t85 tank armor stats, except for legs (which, for some reason on wikia, is showing an obscene amount of armor, 854 compared to the chest piece at 500).

tim_chenw2.png

Improvements for NIS:

-FREE UP THE F-KEYS

They aren't done yet.

The last four months they spent on this don't do a very good job of convincing me they'll focus on what matters in a timely manner.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Improvements for NIS:

-FREE UP THE F-KEYS

They aren't done yet.

The last four months they spent on this don't do a very good job of convincing me they'll focus on what matters in a timely manner.

Timely manner? Lol. Lmfao... Yeah, sorry anyone who expects things in a "timely manner" is bound for disappointment. You would be better of expecting them not to granted I personally feel they do try.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I said focus on what matters in a timely manner, not fix it. That's far to much to hope for.

DM0Yq2c.png

Urza we haven't don't much else but waiting since EOC :(

Yeah I know. Honestly I can sympathize with the majority of what everyone is griping about. I am just content that the game is pushing forward. Many players on the other hand, none here specifically in mind, tend to take these good changes in a negative light. They look at concepts - see their flaws, recognize them and view it as a step backwards. I can't stand that backwards thinking and it bugs the hell out of me.

• Like 2

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png