22-Jul-2013 - RuneScape 3!

SwreeTak

With that said, people need to stop looking at the negative with something entierly new and look at the things it will bring instead.

Not being stubborn and saying that everything new is bad.

Yep and that being said without ignoring there are issues in NIS such as the click through chat box and such. Sometimes the most obvious and fluid dynamics in concepts can be overlooked.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

With that said, people need to stop looking at the negative with something entierly new and look at the things it will bring instead.

Yep and that being said without ignoring there are issues in NIS such as the click through chat box and such. Sometimes the most obvious and fluid dynamics in concepts can be overlooked.

Some could argue that with the resizable game interface you don't need that.

Not saying I think that way I miss click through but still. My main complaint is the number of times I've logged in, because I don't play full screen, and my window size has changed how it messes up the ui.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Not saying I think that way I miss click through but still. My main complaint is the number of times I've logged in, because I don't play full screen, and my window size has changed how it messes up the ui.

This has happened to me so much. With the custom layout, it is always tied to the game size. Changing the game size, because the UI isn't fluid like it was before, screws it up.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

This has happened to me so much. With the custom layout, it is always tied to the game size. Changing the game size, because the UI isn't fluid like it was before, screws it up.

Frankly you are right and I agree with you. Nothing within the capabilities of jagex could have potentially solved this and is more likely to be a "round 2" major fix and might not be seen for a long while. I think the best you might see with jagex' system is maybe locking adjacent windows when they are able to bring it to us. With that also we might see "smart resizing" where windows will resize themselves for you when you resize the window, but that just screams "bad idea" for the overly hopeful player.

Because fiddling with the game size is most likely something an afking skiller might do I would probably advise using something like the retro load out and keeping certain windows open. I myself am considering creating a secondary load out based on one of these for times when I want to afk runespan and watch movies because the (full attention) skiller/pvm load out I favor absolutely does not work if I try to resize things.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I might be double posting, but this has actually been concerning me a bit... The summoning tab does not have the ability to be assigned a hot key. For something so mundane and stupid I can't believe how irritating this is...

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Probably because most of the buttons within the summoning tab aren't all that useful vital for quick access, plus any function desired can still be assigned to the button and dragged on to the action bar.

A gripe I'm having at the moment:

No way to close non-hotkey interfaces without unlocking and dragging them out of w/e area they tabbed in to especially ones that don't self close between game sessions etc.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I might be double posting, but this has actually been concerning me a bit... The summoning tab does not have the ability to be assigned a hot key. For something so mundane and stupid I can't believe how irritating this is...

I haven't checked this to be sure, but we can assign an inventory slot on the ability bar which should allow us to at least assign scrolls to a specific key. It's not the solution I think you want, but at least it's something ...

:unsure:

nyuseg.png

I haven't checked this to be sure, but we can assign an inventory slot on the ability bar which should allow us to at least assign scrolls to a specific key. It's not the solution I think you want, but at least it's something ...

That just drops the scroll. Just set the little familiar icon to a key and it lets you use the familiar ability.

That just drops the scroll. Just set the little familiar icon to a key and it lets you use the familiar ability.

Or you know use the key bind for summoning and save the action bar slot

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

unsure.png

I thought that was broken?

I set the scroll ability as the default action on the summoning icon, and dragged it onto the action bar.

When not in combat you get this null targeting glitch when trying to activate the scroll off the action bar, annoying as hell when trying to get the unicorn heal to work.

Honestly the targeting rework to the action bar is clunky as hell and should be reverted to the pre-NIS system, with this system you get all kinds of crap like "nothing interesting happens" or your combo attacks only hitting once.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

There is a hotkey assignable for the summoning button without putting it on action bar, can also do quick-prayers and quick-heal

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

There is a hotkey assignable for the summoning button without putting it on action bar, can also do quick-prayers and quick-heal

Oh right, I forgot about that one - hardly used summoning since EOC so I just unbound that quick key. Will put it back on and see if that fixes the null thing.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

My biggest issue at the moment would be not having the ability to click through the small info box floating by the npc you're currently attacking. I can't even say how many times npc's have hid behind ths box and me having to spent a couple extra seconds moving the camera so I can click the next npc as my current one dies. I've lost quite a few kills as well due to others tagging the npc behind the box before I can click it.

My biggest issue at the moment would be not having the ability to click through the small info box floating by the npc you're currently attacking. I can't even say how many times npc's have hid behind ths box and me having to spent a couple extra seconds moving the camera so I can click the next npc as my current one dies. I've lost quite a few kills as well due to others tagging the npc behind the box before I can click it.

Very annoying.

Especially bad at things that leave corpses that are technically monsters, doing chompies when they die they become a 1hp lvl 3 monster the red target (and sometimes the yellow stays) and the box stays on the last one you attacked. Pita since I cba plucking them since I just want the kills.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

There are so many tiny glitches like this that they just didn't think through...

The *entire* targeting system is really a PITA anyways, at least now we can queue an ability up and left click is target..

• Like 2

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Oh right, I forgot about that one - hardly used summoning since EOC so I just unbound that quick key. Will put it back on and see if that fixes the null thing.

Oh of course - I really haven't used Summoning since EOC either. except to store things in the occasional yak ... :unsure:

nyuseg.png

unsure.png

I would do this if it wasn't broken.

So i just quick changed worlds and cannot wear my completionist cape anymore:

3R74o.jpg

?????????

You weren't aware you have to re-unlock the Completionist Cape for every server you play on? You can do it for free, by obtaining 13034k xp in each skill again, 106000k in DG if I'm not mistaken, as well as re-play all of the quests and minigames.

You'd think a player who has "completed" the game wouldn't be so ignorant.

• Like 1

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge