22-Jul-2013 - RuneScape 3!

SwreeTak

As a Guthixian I voted for the 3rd option. A shelter for both...

• Like 3

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I voted for both simply because it sounds as though they are gonna offer xp or a shop or something and I am yet to max both those skills.

I'll be interested to see how later votes go if we run out of money eg will options be locked off? Will we have to pay the duke extra? etc.

I mean he only has 160k, of the cheapest non-do nothing option is 20k each week that'd still need 200k, 400k if the more expensive 40k options go through and we don't even know if the prices will be stable or if later ones will cost more and be better rewards.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Since I was part of neither side, I went with the side that offered the most useful rewards to me <frown> Saradominists...</frown>

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

I'm looking forward to seeing how fast we can run out of money.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Presumably if at a later week some other families get displaced, they'll simply be able to move into the shelter. I guess some options would have short term costs but long term paybacks.

I definitely didn't vote expecting there to be any tangible in-game reward. As it is we already got bonus XP for our choice :P

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

What would be cool is knowing every week something new we will have a decision on and will be changing our world. What also would be nice to see is a compounding factor that basically says the further we get in the 6th age plot and our 'worthiness' with our gods grow the more potentially rewarding these decisions might be. For example maybe soon we will have a discounted herblore or summoning shop that can be bought out daily. Then next week we might get a choice on another two things.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Has anyone here found any of the Rare Divine Shards from the Battlefield (the ones that give the four new titles)?

I've been harvesting pretty much to cap for three days now and I haven't found a single one, nor has anyone in my clan. I'm starting to wonder what circumstances they appear in--anyone got any details about what they were doing when they obtained them?

A clan mate of mine got one last night while fishing in the battlefield. I think it was 'the Boundless'.

That seems unlikely, since they are "drops" from the stuff you can kill on the battlefield

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

They are not, in fact 3 are from skills (out of possible 4)

I personally collected the fishing one (Boundless) two days ago.

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

I just got "the Boundless" title from a mining rock. It's not an item or anything, you just get a notification in the chatbox about getting it.

Picture:

Untitled002_zpse9e2ba09.png

Tormented demon, barrows, and a good portion of the bosses in Dominion Tower on an endurance run are a few more I can think of Fall Star. You have some good points, and I agree Hybrid armor is a subpar class, but don't totally discount it. It has some use, however limited that is.

Endurance doesn't need it (soul split is usually enough to keep your health up, the only bosses where you will take damage is pretty much Pest Queen, and there is a way around Nomad's 1 LP attack, which is to Debilitate him, then laugh in his face), Climber on the other hand do, although one could argue that it's the luck of the bosses rather than actual gear setup.

Barrows certainly don't need hybrid armor either, the only you'd really need is power armor, since you should, unless you melee or range them with t75 or lower ranged weapons, only take damage from 2 brothers (3 if you count Akrisae), the other 4 shouldn't be able to land more than 1 hit on you (which is why I tend to recommend void armor for barrows, not for its hybrid, but for its damage/accuracy boosts).

I don't play at a high level. I'm terrible at switches and inventory space is a premium to me. I only suggest what I'd use this hybrid armor for and those are the only places really. I use Akrisae's at Barrows because it allows me to only weapon switch so I have more space in my inventory to work with since I'm not fast at all, and have a hard time improving my speed. But saving space and going at a more relaxed pace is something I like. I never meant to imply Hybrid armor was needed at those places, rather I was just saying for how I play I value hybrid armor at more places. And I know I'm not the only player who doesn't do PvM as well as it can be done. But if you are good at switches and the likes the only hybrid armor you'll ever need is void. If you are good at bossing at a high level, given how hybrid armor is now, I don't ever think you should use it except for Tormented Demons, which would probably get the void treatment. However, I don't use it because the defense on it is so low, and to be quite honest, I'm so bad at PvM, I don't feel comfortable using it.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

In Barrows I don't actually switch weapons at all, I just simply mage the whole lot, which is partially how I can do barrows I do them at (since I don't have to worry about weapon switching, I can concentrate on adrenaline stall).

• Like 1

tim_chenw2.png

Aside from the armour and the exp lamps, is there any real point to spending 3 hours each day collecting stuff on the battlefield?

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

Why you stressing Polar you have to wait for the two-second ability delay anyhow. It's not you; they just made everything absurdly shit that is hybrid.

,,!,, Nowadays-Jagex ,,!,,

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Why you stressing Polar you have to wait for the two-second ability delay anyhow. It's not you; they just made everything absurdly shit that is hybrid.

I'm not stressing. I'm actually very calm right now. I was just pointing out where I would use Hybrid armor... I was just having a conversation yo. But I see I'm not wanted. -.-

29386_s.gif

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Aside from the armour and the exp lamps, is there any real point to spending 3 hours each day collecting stuff on the battlefield?

Save renown to spend on huge lamps to use on Divination?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Save renown to spend on huge lamps to use on Divination Thieving

Fixed. Because [cabbage] that skill.

• Like 3

29386_s.gif

If I could like this a thousand times I would!

OT: If you don't get the armor now will you be able to get it later? Or is this a one time deal?

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

OT: If you don't get the armor now will you be able to get it later? Or is this a one time deal?

That question honestly cannot be concretely answered. I would imagine they will have other similarly statted gear coming from other factions eventually. Same goes for maul, bow and staves I'm betting.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I don't know about P2P but a huge xp lamp would take a good 6+ hours in F2P. At no level could that be considered anywhere worth it, even if you hate the skill.

A huge lamp is ~1-1.25 hours in P2P, at 99 thats slightly more then 1 hour of agility xp. So, efficient? Probably not, if you dislike a skill enough, or can do what I do and afk tears at work, where as you can't afk agility maybe its worth it.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

That question honestly cannot be concretely answered. I would imagine they will have other similarly statted gear coming from other factions eventually. Same goes for maul, bow and staves I'm betting.

As if I'm not wasting enough time trying to get all of the Saradomin rewards. :D

I'm hoping once we get all the other god events, or even after this one is over, they'll use our emissaries. They could have the NPC's assign task that after the first initial 3k crafting exp or whatever (for the first time) each competed task rewards tears to rebuy the armor. Of course I'm still not sure if these are the same tears for the new skill or if they'll change that...

29386_s.gif

You don't stress at High level bosses?

Then why are you having problems??? Tri-brid KK please biggrin.gif

Barrows is a high level boss?

Barrows are bosses?

Back in my day, barrows was considered a minigame!

One where you DIED and you didn't cry because it is going to take you 25 minutes to get back there!!

Unless you were pro and had anchents and could tele there and cut it to five minutes!

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum