22-Jul-2013 - RuneScape 3!

SwreeTak

54,992 xp at 94 agility from a huge lamp in the camp. Less then what the wiki says you get from one on squeal.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

I personally haven't played the Lumbridge battle yet, but I do like the new interface and how customisable it is.

One thing I dislike though. The way you walk now seems a little choppy and unrefined. Even Rs07 has better movement mechanics imo.

But overall, I like this change :) I know a few people that have quit because of Runescape 3, but in all honesty, people need to be more optimistic about updates and realise not all updates are for the worse. A lot of fixes/tweaks still need to be made which I am looking forward to.

I personally haven't played the Lumbridge battle yet, but I do like the new interface and how customisable it is.

One thing I dislike though. The way you walk now seems a little choppy and unrefined. Even Rs07 has better movement mechanics imo.

But overall, I like this change :) I know a few people that have quit because of Runescape 3, but in all honesty, people need to be more optimistic about updates and realise not all updates are for the worse. A lot of fixes/tweaks still need to be made which I am looking forward to.

As far as the walking thing--are you talking about the camera? If so, you can change the camera to the new smoother RS3 mode by pressing ESC, clicking Controls, then switching "Camera Mode" to RS3. It's switched to the weird choppy classic mode by default for old players.

If not I'm not sure what you mean--walking seems just as smooth as it always has been for me--unless you're using the HTML5 client which does have some issues with walking.

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

edit: nvm but I still hate nis

• Like 1

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

And the issue is back

3S4gpec.jpg

1) Idk if this is happening with other people, but every time I log in my interface is messed up, even when its locked. In the picture above, obviously my settings bar was aligned perfectly at the top and now its [bleep]ed :s

2) This friggen castle wars blinking arrow. I clicked 'take me der!' because I wanted to see what happened - ofc I lodestone teled and the blinker showed up. Now I cannot get it to leave. I'll get in a cwar game, I'll talk to Lanthus, anything and fricken everything yet it still persists. Much like runescape's bot problem.

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

And the issue is back

3S4gpec.jpg

1) Idk if this is happening with other people, but every time I log in my interface is messed up, even when its locked. In the picture above, obviously my settings bar was aligned perfectly at the top and now its [bleep]ed :s

2) This friggen castle wars blinking arrow. I clicked 'take me der!' because I wanted to see what happened - ofc I lodestone teled and the blinker showed up. Now I cannot get it to leave. I'll get in a cwar game, I'll talk to Lanthus, anything and fricken everything yet it still persists. Much like runescape's bot problem.

For the first issue, make sure there is a bit of a gap between the offending window and any adjacent windows.

sTjhbwY.png

For the second, I have no idea.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

For the first one simply reload your custom setup when you get in game, I've had the same problem.

Second one check your world map and see if you can cancel the marker there, failing that set a new marker for something else and see if going to that clears it

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Yeah, nothing is making the arrow go away.

Rs3 is terrible to DG with... the way you run from one square to one square all ziggedy zag is fricken terrible. I wanted to like rs3 :(

Saru: go to F3, challenges, there is an active task box on the bottom left, click it off and the arrow should dissappear

• Like 1

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Saru: go to F3, challenges, there is an active task box on the bottom left, click it off and the arrow should dissappear

I am free.

Also go figures the two days in a row I do my challenges as soon as I log in >.> any other day I'd have gone to the challenges tab and saw it.

E: I think this is the best set up I can think of for DG - I saw some setups I really liked but my laptop screen isn't big enough :(

LAuGL2d.jpg

I feel like my screen size also limits me a bit. Can't really experiment as much as i would have liked, so i'm sticking to a setup similar to what it was in RS2. Works fine for me though, to be honest. It's what i'm used to.

I tried to nex a bit last night.

The darkness covers 1/3 of the screen

It is damn near impossible to see what overhead she is using with that popup status bar

It is bloody stupid. The old interface was fine and just needed some tweaks. but instead of fixing what that had and inproving on something that worked, they though that pushing something out that wasnt as good and broke was better?

• Like 1

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

You can put of the popup status bar, at interface, toggle the "always show target information" button. :)

But I agree, I liked the old setup alot. It's very hard to work with the setups now, especially because I now have to search through the tabs to get to different prayers, abilities, and so on. Those little stones we had in RS2 should come back. :s

You can put of the popup status bar, at interface, toggle the "always show target information" button. :)

But I agree, I liked the old setup alot. It's very hard to work with the setups now, especially because I now have to search through the tabs to get to different prayers, abilities, and so on. Those little stones we had in RS2 should come back. :s

Along with their respective F-Keys... I just want F-keys added to like Skills tab and such...

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

The new big f-key interfaces are so bulky and most of them aren't even useful.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Well call me crazy but I think elements 'not intended for use' shouldn't be bound to your primary hotkeys. And there's no reason for them to be so bulky either. There's a whole 2cm bar on top of them that's completely useless.

• Like 3

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

We just cant quickswitch tabs anymore =/

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I am free.

Also go figures the two days in a row I do my challenges as soon as I log in >.> any other day I'd have gone to the challenges tab and saw it.

E: I think this is the best set up I can think of for DG - I saw some setups I really liked but my laptop screen isn't big enough :(

LAuGL2d.jpg

Can you please share what some of those set ups are?

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Well call me crazy but I think elements 'not intended for use' shouldn't be bound to your primary hotkeys. And there's no reason for them to be so bulky either. There's a whole 2cm bar on top of them that's completely useless.

You are crazy. I said it...

There is plenty of reason for them to stand out because jagex intends for them to be something to venture to outside of your actual game play to look over or change settings. Also you may see the F keys as primary hot keys, but that was a slight oversight of jagex that will be rectified later on. It was probably something done to emphasis the point that these windows are hubs for various settings and such. When jagex was designing and organizing the layout they had a rudimentary concept for the layout in mind. They didn't just slap things together and throw it out there. When I see these hulking windows with options and settings I think of hubs for different sections. The main focus is on the windows you actually customize and dock or tab for actual game use. Also these hubs are tied to the function keys like most other programs do. 'Form fits function' - You can apply it here.

Edit: Lioness you can quick switch tabs... Just use associated letters for tabs like the bag, etc. If its too cumbersome to remember them then try setting the tabs up using the keyboard letters from left to right. If you can't do that then your just too damn stubborn and stuck in your old ways then.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Maybe it's because I don't do combat and therefore don't have to switch tabs quickly, but I actually prefer the NIS. Though it is a tad annoying having to press [enter] every time I switch back to the chat tab. It's always quite the shock when I look up from typing to see half a dozen new interfaces open.

This is the best layout I could conjure up with a large-ish viewing area and all the tabs I need quick access.

15p4lmg.png

Where is the prayer menu?

Anyway, so instead of saying FAK DIS JOGEX U SUK ADFGADFGASDFG I made a list.

Read my list

Respect my list

Recommend additions to my list

Recommend modifications to my list

rrrrr

-Ability to customize the interfaces background. This is the blue-green background that shows up when you turn opacity on.

-Ability to get rid of the unused social tabs. Mainly the guest clan and emotes tab

-Not really NIS, but the ability to filter what the game notices tab shows. I don't want to see the turmoil messages, or the fact that I drink a prayer potion, but I want to see server wide drops, friend drops, and friend level up notices

-Ability to go into "chat mode".. Where alphanumeric keys don't activate any binds, and where the chat window is *always* selected. I dont' want to have to [Press Enter to chat] if I'm skilling and don't want to open anything with a hotkey. Better yet, let this toggle be optional, *and* tied to minimizing the action bar!

-Ability to move the quick-inventory icons to the front or end of the action bar

-Ability to toggle where the action bar pops out from the combat bar. Right now it ALWAYS comes up underneith or to the left of the combat bar. Allow us to have it appear ABOVE it or to the right of it, for people who have the interface on the bottom of the screen or the left of the screen. Because when you expand the action bar and remove it, the combat bar remains where it is.. I don't want to have to move it EVERY time I'm finished with combat because it takes up a nice portion of my screen, and I don't want to ALWAYS have it displayed, too!

-Allow us to put buttons/tabs around all of the boarders. So I can have one main window with eight buttons; four on the top, four on the bottom. Now, if I did that and the panel wasn't wide enough, I'd have to scroll...

-Let us separate the constitution/defense ability menus and the magic abilities/spell menues. Having sub tabs under your tabs is bad design.

-OH SWEET HEAVENS LET US SPLIT PRIVATE CHAT LIKE IT USED TO BE. IT DOESN'T NEED ITS OWN TAB!!!!

-Allow the bank/GE ui to be split into "main area" and "sub area". The main area would be the... main are of the bank and GE. The sub area would be where the inventory/info screen is. Also let us disable that if we so wish. I can't imagine anyone going to the bank doesn't have their inventory in mind. We don't *need* another inventory for the bank if that is what we are using it for. It would add much more fluidity to using the bank.

-Allow us to put the game dialogue INTO the chat box, with scaling. To me it seems unpolished when you have a popup with dialogue on top of everything. Making it a part of the chat box (optionally, like everything else!) would look a lot better

-Put the player gear button back into the bank. Now, clicking that opens up ANOTHER menu, while also opening up ANOTHER inventory screen. So if I'm in the bank, I have two inventories; my main one, which is locked, and the bank one. If I click the gear button in the tab, I now have three. The main, locked one. The bank one, and the one that came up. Utterly confusing especially because the gear inventory is on the LEFT and the bank inventory is on the RIGHT.

Buttons within menus should change the menu. Not open another one.

• Like 2

There is plenty of reason for them to stand out because jagex intends for them to be something to venture to outside of your actual game play to look over or change settings.

Not true, not true and that would be useless anyway.

First, let's establish that things that you use more often, or things that you use when switching more often should be tied to the more accessible hotkeys. They should be hideable, that's the point of a customizable interface, but also easy to bring back. So your inventory, abilities, prayers, buffs/debuffs (now a separate thing, ok), maybe also worn equipment - these are important in combat, which is where you need rapid switching.

The F keys are:

1) Hero tab: Summary*, Skills*, Pets, Achievements*.

2) Gear tab: Loadout, Wardrobe, Titles, Animations, Appearance

3) Adventures tab: Featured*, Quests*, Challenges*, Minigames*, Battle of Lumbridge*

4) Powers tab: Melee, Ranged, Magic, Defensive, Prayers

5) Social tab: Hiscores*, Activity Stream (not yet implemented), Chat Settings

6) RWT*

7) Welcome*

Tabs that are useless for actually playing the game: All of the above.

Tabs that are actually useful for playing the game: Regular tabs as accessed by the 8-button options bar.

Tabs that don't have settings (except the settings for that particular tab, as with achievements) are marked with a *.

Basically, the new tabs do nothing that wasn't already present - they combine old tabs, usually in ways you don't need.

Also you may see the F keys as primary hot keys, but that was a slight oversight of jagex that will be rectified later on.

It's basically the first thing people complained about and it hasn't been fixed yet. Jagex is - again - being incredibly slow with basic, much-requested fixes.

'Form fits function' - You can apply it here.

Err, no? 'Form fits function' refers to the idea that something is designed, or optimized, to do something. Since these big bulky interfaces don't make it easier to change settings, 'form fits function' has been thrown out of the window here - or the 'function' is actually annoying people or looking bulky. OK.

• Like 1