Birthright of the Dwarves- 2nd October 2013

Ambler

It struck me that :

[hide]

Hreidmar knows he is the rightful heir to the Keldagrim throne, because he is a descendant of the last ruler of Keldagrim, and he has been overly obsessed with that dream (evident in that his own Palace in the red axe HQ is an exact replica of the Keldragim one, completely with his own statue), and that he actually have been making up he is in service of and has the blessing of Zamorak (possibly due to Chaos Dwarves being associated with them), and ends up being completely disillusioned. This is evidenced by his memory sequence that Zamorak never associated with him in his memory, he all dreamt it up, perhaps to keep him going for all these years

Grimsom on the other hand was directly engaged in the Battle of Barendai, and he somehow got so bloodthirsty that he struck down one of his own. Accident or not, that moment made him see what he has become, and instead of making amends, he accepted it, and moved down the road he can never turn back, and plunged himself in darkness and guilt. I don't think he was never pro-red axe, but just that he knows he can never be keldagrim again.

Lastly, The Ogre, just an unfortunate victim of circumstance, and eventually became a pawn of Hreidmar.

[/hide]

Part of me is thankful that we don't need to do the whole "create an imcando pickaxe" for comp or trim.

Doesn't take very long imho.

[hide]Exactly. I find it weird though, was hreidmar actually insane and been delusional about the statue since he was young, did he just want to believe it so hard that it became fixed in his memory over time, did he have the gnome or ogre change his memory to give himself more confidence in his plans and rightness, or was the gnome ambassador manipulating him?

As far as Grimmson, it seemed like he was willing to support the Red Axe in exchange for removing his guilt. Seemed he'd do anything for that. I also wonder if his actions since he joined the Red Axe came into play with his final decision. Had his memories been returned earlier could he have been saved, or did he doom himself as soon as he killed the dwarf at Berendai?[/hide]

How long it takes depends upon a lot of factors. The 4 pieces themselves weren't hard with the scouting chat used, maybe 15 minutes, however if you don't have the gilded pick or any of the gold outfit, I could see it taking a while.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

I dont understand how some of you claim not having to eat at all and also that the fights was easy? I have died numerous times now, especially to Hreidmar. He seems to tele away from me, leaving me stuck to fight his minions, and there is no help in 'trapping' him because that wont prevent him from summoning his handcannoneers!

I am using ice barrage and abilitys but still he is able to both heal him self and boost his minions.

I give up - this is to stressfull.

What weapons and armor were you using?

Zammy hybrid (from BoL), arma staff, curses and ancients.

Try something a bit more tanky? Like Ganodermics or Seasingers?

Duh! I totally forgot I have Gano! #-o Thx I will try that the next log on! :^_^:

I am actually missing the guilded pickaxe, but I have a dragon pickaxe on my belt.

Just for myself and everyone else who is in my boat:

Can we get our dragon pickaxe guilded while it is on the belt?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I am actually missing the guilded pickaxe, but I have a dragon pickaxe on my belt.

Yep, gilded mine yesterday while on my toolbelt and then used it to make imcando.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Yep, gilded mine yesterday while on my toolbelt and then used it to make imcando.

Thanks I might go for it just for the hell of it.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Mod John A made a thread on RSOF asking for ideas for post quest dialogues etc to be added, seems they are aware this is rather lackluster in place.

[qfc]15-16-534-65171325[/qfc]

My post there, much in the vein of what I said I disliked about the story earlier:

I think theres several loose ends that could be tied up more post-quest:

Let us resolve the King and Hilda thing mentioned earlier in the quest as something to do 'after we've dealt with the red axe.' Especially for those of us where he survives.

Some sort of resolution/fall out to the spies would be nice too be there freed, dead or exiled.

Some sort of documentation around the base/re-appearence of the orge shaman would be nice to to offer a bit of explaination about how/why Chaos Dworges and Chaos Giants were made. Maybe even a document giving some idea of why/what the Gnomes were there for.

The consortium folks could use some dialogues too to give reactions to the choices made. In fact most NPCs featured in the quest could use some reactive dialogue.

The book from mining the statues could use some tweaks too imo. It's far to 'because evil' on what Zamorak did, feels like we need just a bit more to explain why/how dwarves went to him and suggestion perhaps the chaos dwarf wasn't enetirely the intended outcome. Equally some detailing around HOW Keldagrim survived would be nice since the book basically says without magic they can't have light or grow food so Keldagrim would fail; so how did it not?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It struck me that :

[hide]

Hreidmar knows he is the rightful heir to the Keldagrim throne, because he is a descendant of the last ruler of Keldagrim, and he has been overly obsessed with that dream (evident in that his own Palace in the red axe HQ is an exact replica of the Keldragim one, completely with his own statue), and that he actually have been making up he is in service of and has the blessing of Zamorak (possibly due to Chaos Dwarves being associated with them), and ends up being completely disillusioned. This is evidenced by his memory sequence that Zamorak never associated with him in his memory, he all dreamt it up, perhaps to keep him going for all these years

Grimsom on the other hand was directly engaged in the Battle of Barendai, and he somehow got so bloodthirsty that he struck down one of his own. Accident or not, that moment made him see what he has become, and instead of making amends, he accepted it, and moved down the road he can never turn back, and plunged himself in darkness and guilt. I don't think he was never pro-red axe, but just that he knows he can never be keldagrim again.

Lastly, The Ogre, just an unfortunate victim of circumstance, and eventually became a pawn of Hreidmar.

[/hide]

Part of me is thankful that we don't need to do the whole "create an imcando pickaxe" for comp or trim.

Doesn't take very long imho.

[hide]Exactly. I find it weird though, was hreidmar actually insane and been delusional about the statue since he was young, did he just want to believe it so hard that it became fixed in his memory over time, did he have the gnome or ogre change his memory to give himself more confidence in his plans and rightness, or was the gnome ambassador manipulating him?

As far as Grimmson, it seemed like he was willing to support the Red Axe in exchange for removing his guilt. Seemed he'd do anything for that. I also wonder if his actions since he joined the Red Axe came into play with his final decision. Had his memories been returned earlier could he have been saved, or did he doom himself as soon as he killed the dwarf at Berendai?[/hide]

How long it takes depends upon a lot of factors. The 4 pieces themselves weren't hard with the scouting chat used, maybe 15 minutes, however if you don't have the gilded pick or any of the gold outfit, I could see it taking a while.

[hide]

The Gnome ambassador is definitely a huge loophole, but there is still Glouphrie line that has not yet concluded, so we may get some answers there, even though we may not be happy with it.

Regardless, it wouldn't surprise me if Hreidmar is being manipulated, he was already in a very weak state of mind, a simple promise of Keldagrim throne is probably enough to make him into a puppet. And at very least a test subject.

Perhaps we will see Chaos Gnomes or even Chaos Warped creatures? Who knows....

Grimsom: Remove guilt, probably not, but desensitise himself so he no longer feels it at all, I am very inclined to believe that.

The phrase "Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." He may not have become a monster from 1 accident (friendly fire is all but certain in times of war), but he may saw that mistake as something greater, and... turned him to the dark side.

[/hide]

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

But hey they finally gave in to giving us all dragon weapons, 6 years later XD

Apart from they didn't. In terms of items that exist in other metals we still lack:

Dragon shortswords

Dragon hastae

Dragon knives

Dragon javelins

Dragon brutal arrows

And Dragon Battlestaff is an entire new invention that does not exist in any other metal.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The one quest we had an imput in and it was a rushed complete mess.

I'll give you this one.

The vague quest scripting, unexplored plot points, buggy doors, largely empty boss instance.

Yes, this one rare time I am agreeing with you on the shortcomings of jagex. This quest deserved more work... Way more work,

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I'll give you this one.

The vague quest scripting, unexplored plot points, buggy doors, largely empty boss instance.

Yes, this one rare time I am agreeing with you on the shortcomings of jagex. This quest deserved more work... Way more work,

The thing that strikes me is as a whole it's not a bad quest when viewed as a standalone entity. It just isn't good enough to be deemed a grandmaster story concluding quest, especially with the number of loose ends left.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I'll give you this one.

They keep trying to prove a point, this time with year of the player. Their ignorance is what will loose them their jobs eventually. If you're to declare a poll to see what people like the most. My advice is don't try and throw in a false statement that gives the very little time. Work on it hard so that its enjoyable. That way the players satisfied to see something they really want.

But hey they finally gave in to giving us all dragon weapons, 6 years later XD

Apart from they didn't. In terms of items that exist in other metals we still lack:

Dragon shortswords

Dragon hastae

Dragon knives

Dragon javelins

Dragon brutal arrows

And Dragon Battlestaff is an entire new invention that does not exist in any other metal.

Frankly I wouldn't expect to see dragon hastae or brutal arrows. Both are racial variants to other types of gear (hastae = spear, brutal arrow = broad arrow?)

I would almost see the dragon battlestaff as an emphasis of the dragon metals magical potential. It also notes on the potential of its use to more than being an actual metal used for its durable strength.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

we need armadyl and bandos warpriest more. sara and zam are op now

Don't forget warpriest for the Empty Lord. Hail Zaros, God of Fate, Master of Senntisten, Great Lord of Forinthry, The Eternal Puppetmaster!

• Like 4

well. ... if they are dropped by the ancients outside of the nex room and Ute is t90 hybrid gear. . sure

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Anyone have exp rates for what the LFM is like with the new pickaxe?

EDIT

Can you keepsake the enchanted imcando pickaxe to keep the particle effect?

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

That pesky final >.> Managed to do it yesterday after a RQ, took a break of 2-3 hours, decided to do one last one before I headed to bed.

Managed to do it that on attempt =D!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Also, Dragon Battlestaff is currently the only dragon weapon with particle effects.

Just got a pickaxe from battlefield today, in 2h, gonna try and get a second one and cash it in.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Keep in mind though, that I believe this was one of the Mod's first ever quests (think they mention that in a BTS). I'm about to start it, so I can't really judge it yet, but I'm just saying.

(I get that that's not really an excuse though...)

ArchangelSignature.jpg

Also, Dragon Battlestaff is currently the only dragon weapon with particle effects.

Just got a pickaxe from battlefield today, in 2h, gonna try and get a second one and cash it in.

Really 2 hours!?! I was camping for 5+ and nothing... I guess I'm just really unlucky... :sad:

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

Keep in mind though, that I believe this was one of the Mod's first ever quests (think they mention that in a BTS). I'm about to start it, so I can't really judge it yet, but I'm just saying.

(I get that that's not really an excuse though...)

Mod John A wrote the whole of the Dorgeshuun storyline and One Piercing Note among other quests, as far as I know.

It's just his first time handling a quest of this size though, and sadly it had to be Dwarf V :(

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.