Birthright of the Dwarves- 2nd October 2013

Ambler

From my understanding, the enchantment gives the pick the 20% bonus exp, but it retains the ability at all times to auto-incinerate ores.

Also, to not get destroyed by Grimsson's special all you have to do is run around the room for about 10 seconds and he can't hit you.

Flyingjj.png

It's kinda luck of the draw.

Some people get all the Nymphs in a few hundred k xp, others spend weeks on end there to get them.

Certainly it'll probably take you longer to get the outfit and thus the gilding on your pick than it will to collect the four pieces to build the imcando pick

As long as the geyser finding FC exists, the pieces will take at most 30 minutes (it took me ~20 to get all 4, and that is after missing 3 geysers due to not hopping in time).

So gilding the pickaxe will most definitely take the longest, I already had the axe gilded from Pre-eoc days, so I was saved on that trouble, but I do remember I spent over 6 hours to get mine (no pun intended).

Then I got 2 nymphs at the lava flow waiting on the geysers before I found out about the FC...

Gonna try my luck at the battlefield later, could do with 2 DIY'ed pickaxes, I think it's time I dragonised my Toolbelt.

Also:

the the new Dragon Weapons are Thrown Axes, Battlestaff and Warhammers (both axes and war hammers come in dual wield variants).

The Staff is sold in the weapons shop north of the Bank, 200k each.

The Warhammers are sold in the Weapon shop in the Palace, 200k per MH, 50k per OH

[hide] Where you went to find Vigr's relationship with the Red Axe, his replacement merchant stocks them [/hide]

The Thrown Axes are from Chaos Giants, have both hand versions too.

Of those, I think Dragon Battlestaff looks the best.

For the final fight(s)

[hide]

For the Veldabim vs Grimsom fight, for me it was basically a DPS race, I killed Grimsom before he threw Veld a second time. When he holds Veld, stop attacking, as any attacks you do to him will result in Veld taking the damage instead. After holding him for a little, he will throw veld at you, dealing 7500 damage to Veld and 2500 damage to you. I have not figured out how to avoid that damage, but I just tanked it because Grimsom does no damage to you at all otherwise. You will lose the fight if Veld's health is depleted, and his attacks will become more vicious.

At the start of the Chaos fight, I managed to trap Hreidmar behind one of the torches, one of his cannoneers behind another and the last behind the stairs, while I attacked Grimsom, Hreidmar does not seem to use any of his specials while he isn't attacking you. Once Grimsom started to charge at me, I ran to just at the entrance into the small alcove that leads to the door, and then into the small alcove (only 1 square in). I remember that I luckily had Grimsom stuck behind Hreidmar, so I ended up killing him without spending too much food. Once Grimsom falls, Hreidmar was just a tank and spank and eat.

Note, I was using Asc's for this fight, so experience may differ.

Chaos Hreidmar seems to have the following moves:

1. He will teleport in 2 cannoneers relatively early in the fight, then 2 chaos dwarves somewhere down the line.

2. He will also randomly switch placess with another chaos dwarf, and resulting in your focus changing to the chaos dwarf. When he does that, his target location will be cover in dark red cloud.

3. He will also randomly detonate one of his chaos dwarves, dealing 5000 damage to it and 2500 damage to you (I think).

4. The game will mention a message that he is charging up to power up his chaos dwarves, do damage to him until he stops. I have not managed to do that after target switching, so I think it's a very good idea to make sure you seperate the two chaos dwarves. You will interrupt him after dealing I think 4k damage.

5. he game will mention a message that he is charging up to heal his chaos dwarves. This one is weird, I do not get a message that I interrupted his power, but I haven't seen him heal anyone, so it might be the case that I still interrupted it, but the game doesn't show a message.

[/hide]

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

As an aside from the quest, they appear to have buffed Challenge xp for Divination w/release of bonus. ~23k @ 95 for lvl 90 challenge

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

They also changed it so hard mode floors aren't automatically set to large, but are now always medium..Still sucks, but should be doable solo now.

As for the quest.. relatively boring and easy..Oh well, I enjoyed the xp rewards. :).

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Not sure why some people found the quest so hard, I didn't realize I was starting the last portion and I did the final fight with a dose of ovl, prayer renewal and one dose of super restore, had no food and started at 2900 hp, stepped to the side so only one could attack and i moved when he did his nasty attack. Out dpsing the other guy was easy with mage.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Not sure why some people found the quest so hard, I didn't realize I was starting the last portion and I did the final fight with a dose of ovl, prayer renewal and one dose of super restore, had no food and started at 2900 hp, stepped to the side so only one could attack and i moved when he did his nasty attack. Out dpsing the other guy was easy with mage.

Sounds like mage was the way to go with this one. I found it hard but I was using mellee.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

easy. I'm wondering for lower levels who are having trouble if leech adreno might be better then turm though. how much of a drain is it anyway.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

I dont understand how some of you claim not having to eat at all and also that the fights was easy? I have died numerous times now, especially to Hreidmar. He seems to tele away from me, leaving me stuck to fight his minions, and there is no help in 'trapping' him because that wont prevent him from summoning his handcannoneers!

I am using ice barrage and abilitys but still he is able to both heal him self and boost his minions.

I give up - this is to stressfull.

Don't really want to do this right now, going to go in my backlog of recomping stuff. (Div, dg tasks, now this)

Ignoring any fights you find frustrating/difficult, how good do you find the quest? Is it a satisfactory conclusion to the dwarven arc?

Asmodean <3

I dont understand how some of you claim not having to eat at all and also that the fights was easy? I have died numerous times now, especially to Hreidmar. He seems to tele away from me, leaving me stuck to fight his minions, and there is no help in 'trapping' him because that wont prevent him from summoning his handcannoneers!

I am using ice barrage and abilitys but still he is able to both heal him self and boost his minions.

What weapons and armor were you using?

• Like 1

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

Don't really want to do this right now, going to go in my backlog of recomping stuff. (Div, dg tasks, now this)

Ignoring any fights you find frustrating/difficult, how good do you find the quest? Is it a satisfactory conclusion to the dwarven arc?

Plot line was okay, the "puzzles" were crap, overall a little disappointed, wish they hadn't left this big of a quest to someone who hasn't done content of this size.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

It feels thrown together. The cannon sequence and the interrogation are cool, but the rest of the quest is glitchy, not well explained why you're doing what you're doing, and feels like you're having your hand held through it. The choices you make throughout the quest have absolutely no impact and aren't even mentioned again. The majority of the lore comes from the mining room after the quest. There's a lot of loose ends that aren't even mentioned in the quest (gnomes?) and the conclusion of the Ogre part seems like a cop out. Definitely not a GM quest in anything but requirements.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Zammy hybrid (from BoL), arma staff, curses and ancients.

SPOILERS BELOW, BEWARE!

I can agree with what have already been said in the last few posts here: The quest does seem a bit rushed. There were quite a few loose ends. The biggest one for me was for sure the gnomes. The gnome emissary's role in this whole thing could certainly have been explained a bit more. Then there was also the length of the quest; It seemed very short for a grandmaster quest to me. What did we even get to do? Check some spies, get a wand, kill some dwarves in Taverly dungeon, then just check out a cave, fight, memories, final fight and done. If I hadn't had so big problems with the final fight (I got it at try number four or five), then this quest would have taken me beneath an hour. And then I am an extremely slow quester, really. I had looked forward a lot to this quest. But I got to say that I am quite disappointed. The only great thing about it is are the rewards. I guess I had got my hopes up too high. Still though, it's a good quest. It just had potential to be a lot more than what it became now. I really, really hope that once Jagex finally gets around to releasing the conclusion of the elf series they make sure to put in some proper work into that grandmaster quest. To have that one become like this one would be a huge disappointment.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

SPOILERS BELOW, BEWARE!

I can agree with what have already been said in the last few posts here: The quest does seem a bit rushed. There were quite a few loose ends. The biggest one for me was for sure the gnomes. The gnome emissary's role in this whole thing could certainly have been explained a bit more. Then there was also the length of the quest; It seemed very short for a grandmaster quest to me. What did we even get to do? Check some spies, get a wand, kill some dwarves in Taverly dungeon, then just check out a cave, fight, memories, final fight and done. If I hadn't had so big problems with the final fight (I got it at try number four or five), then this quest would have taken me beneath an hour. And then I am an extremely slow quester, really. I had looked forward a lot to this quest. But I got to say that I am quite disappointed. The only great thing about it is are the rewards. I guess I had got my hopes up too high. Still though, it's a good quest. It just had potential to be a lot more than what it became now. I really, really hope that once Jagex finally gets around to releasing the conclusion of the elf series they make sure to put in some proper work into that grandmaster quest. To have that one become like this one would be a huge disappointment.

Definitely could not agree more it didn't even really resolve most of the stuff it did 'finish' in a decent way.

The big villain of the whole thing it transpires did it all because Zamorak AND at some point between attacking us last quest and now just gave up on his whole evil plot so it didn't have to be explained.

They drop the idea of restoring Hilda's memories 'later' only to completely ignore it, they have you pick whether to exile forgive or kill the 'spies' with seemingly no later effect/mention, Grimmson realises he had done wrong but instead of making the plot interesting and repenting just goes yolo I'll kill you anyway. The gnomes failed to be explained, as did the dworges and giants and the whole finale of consortium vs monarchy and settling the future was really underplayed.

The story was nice, but very subpar compared to recent quests especially for a grandmaster finale that was supposed to tie everything off in a neat ending.

Not to mention you can tell they spent the graphical budget on reskinning dwarf npcs what with the quest locations using a bunch of pre-existing places with no changes, plus a clone of the lava flow mine with minor alterations and a clone of the palace.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

SPOILERS BELOW, BEWARE!

Definitely could not agree more it didn't even really resolve most of the stuff it did 'finish' in a decent way.

The big villain of the whole thing it transpires did it all because Zamorak AND at some point between attacking us last quest and now just gave up on his whole evil plot so it didn't have to be explained.

They drop the idea of restoring Hilda's memories 'later' only to completely ignore it, they have you pick whether to exile forgive or kill the 'spies' with seemingly no later effect/mention, Grimmson realises he had done wrong but instead of making the plot interesting and repenting just goes yolo I'll kill you anyway. The gnomes failed to be explained, as did the dworges and giants and the whole finale of consortium vs monarchy and settling the future was really underplayed.

The story was nice, but very subpar compared to recent quests especially for a grandmaster finale that was supposed to tie everything off in a neat ending.

Not to mention you can tell they spent the graphical budget on reskinning dwarf npcs what with the quest locations using a bunch of pre-existing places with no changes, plus a clone of the lava flow mine with minor alterations and a clone of the palace.

You just made me change my opinion here. The biggest fail, so to say, of this quest to me is the future aspect of it. This is a grandmaster quest. Our choices should affect the outcome of it. Say that I exiled all the dwarf spies. Well, then, maybe I could meet them and talk to them somewhere outside Keldagrim? Where they are training mining/smithing/preparing an army for revenge :P ? And if I chose to execute them, then maybe there could be some kind of crying family in one of the houses of Keldagrim? A silly example maybe. But I think you all understand what I mean. Especially interesting I think this would be for the future rule of Keldagrim. If I chose Veldaban to remain the king, then I wish to be able to talk to him properly after the quest. Not only get a simple 'Hello again'.

Really, Jagex. This is a GM quest. I rarely critize you English guys there in Cambridge or wherever you are, but this you could have done a lot better. I am not even that much of a lore or dwarf fan and I am still dissapointed. I feel very sorry for those who really love dwarves and their lore. Because this was certainly much less than what they had expected and I can only imagine their feelings now, especially after all that hype.

• Like 3

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Zammy hybrid (from BoL), arma staff, curses and ancients.

Try something a bit more tanky? Like Ganodermics or Seasingers?

• Like 2

tim_chenw2.png

I am also having trouble, I have died like ten times. Tried both melee and magic. Magic seemed better, but I keep getting overwhelmed by hand cannoners. I found closing the door works for Grimsson, but I struggle to stop Hriedmar from healing, I might try switching to ancients, Been using earth surge w/ gano.

rosssigfinal.jpg

Annoyed by this though:

four fragments gathered from lava geysers, as well as a gilded dragon pickaxe, a million gold coins and - of course - a redberry pie

Really gilded? really? Then 1M gp just for giggles or what. Way to make Lava Flow Mine not dead content for a month.

But finally dragon warhammer spec

perfect for my 60 85 1 pure!

;_; oh well

• Like 1
Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

SPOILERS BELOW, BEWARE!

I don't think he did it "because Zamorak". He did it because he believed he was the rightful ruler of Keldagrim, being the descendant of the previous king. I didn't really expect much from the gnomes at this point since this was supposed to be the end to the questline and gnomes have their own questline. His whole plot appears to have been to take over Keldagrim and take over as king, which had seemed to be what the previous quests were suggesting. The lava flow mine clone didn't need to be done, but I thought that re-using the consortium was in character. His dreams of ruling Keldagrim was shattered, he was a bit insane, so he built a replica to rule.

Could it have been better, probably, but I think it was decent overall.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

It struck me that :

[hide]

Hreidmar knows he is the rightful heir to the Keldagrim throne, because he is a descendant of the last ruler of Keldagrim, and he has been overly obsessed with that dream (evident in that his own Palace in the red axe HQ is an exact replica of the Keldragim one, completely with his own statue), and that he actually have been making up he is in service of and has the blessing of Zamorak (possibly due to Chaos Dwarves being associated with them), and ends up being completely disillusioned. This is evidenced by his memory sequence that Zamorak never associated with him in his memory, he all dreamt it up, perhaps to keep him going for all these years

Grimsom on the other hand was directly engaged in the Battle of Barendai, and he somehow got so bloodthirsty that he struck down one of his own. Accident or not, that moment made him see what he has become, and instead of making amends, he accepted it, and moved down the road he can never turn back, and plunged himself in darkness and guilt. I don't think he was never pro-red axe, but just that he knows he can never be keldagrim again.

Lastly, The Ogre, just an unfortunate victim of circumstance, and eventually became a pawn of Hreidmar.

[/hide]

Part of me is thankful that we don't need to do the whole "create an imcando pickaxe" for comp or trim.

Doesn't take very long imho.

tim_chenw2.png

This quest is going to kill me....

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed