Birthright of the Dwarves- 2nd October 2013

Ambler

Keep in mind though, that I believe this was one of the Mod's first ever quests (think they mention that in a BTS). I'm about to start it, so I can't really judge it yet, but I'm just saying.

(I get that that's not really an excuse though...)

Mod John A wrote the whole of the Dorgeshuun storyline and One Piercing Note among other quests, as far as I know.

It's just his first time handling a quest of this size though, and sadly it had to be Dwarf V :(

Honestly its probably more about the dev budget then it is about the lead dev on the project. To bang out a GM quest in 3 months feels rushed.

• Like 5

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Keep in mind though, that I believe this was one of the Mod's first ever quests (think they mention that in a BTS). I'm about to start it, so I can't really judge it yet, but I'm just saying.

(I get that that's not really an excuse though...)

Mod John A wrote the whole of the Dorgeshuun storyline and One Piercing Note among other quests, as far as I know.

It's just his first time handling a quest of this size though, and sadly it had to be Dwarf V :(

Honestly its probably more about the dev budget then it is about the lead dev on the project. To bang out a GM quest in 3 months feels rushed.

Maybe they should of spent this year researching what players wanted in preperation for next year to be officially year of the player

So what storylines are there still in RuneScape?

If we are counting only ones Jagex doesn't deem ended, off the top of my head:

Elves

Pirates

Gnomes

Monkeys

Penguins

Myreque

Azzandra

Sliske

Dragonkin

Temple Knights

Desert/Ozan

Owen

Elder Gods

Gods

Elder Artefacts (kinda ties in to the two above, but it is sort of a story of its own)

Hazeel

Kharshi

Khazard and Zemergoul kind of semi sort of how open ends to them.

And thats all I got for now, but I feel I've forgot something obvious.

Edit: Elemental workshop! Thats the one I was forgetting.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

So what storylines are there still in RuneScape?

I think: Elves, Vampyre/Myreque, Gnome, Fremennik and ofc the new storylines of the gods.

EDIT: Ninja'd

As far as jamflex is concerned Glourious Memories was the finale of the fremmenik because y'know a quest that uses npcs from all the islands and resolves absolutely nothing of the hanging plot threads really says the end.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Finally did the quest today. I feel like it wasn't very solid, had quite a few story plot holes that just didn't make everything feel connected. I did like the bit about the memory wand, that was neat. It needed a bit more breathing room between stages of the fight, as well as keeping the banker guy around so that we could re-bank if we died. (without running out of our way).

Also, the cannon part *especially* should have started you off in a safe zone so you could actually see things and begin to understand WHAT was going on. Took me a bit to realize I was dying so fast because of the cannons and that I would need protect range, and all.

The boss fight itself was actually felt very much easier than people claimed. I did like the whole bit with the castle replica..

I would have liked more dialog at post quest, and better ability to see the changes my choices made..

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Finally did the quest today. I feel like it wasn't very solid, had quite a few story plot holes that just didn't make everything feel connected. I did like the bit about the memory wand, that was neat. It needed a bit more breathing room between stages of the fight, as well as keeping the banker guy around so that we could re-bank if we died. (without running out of our way).

Also, the cannon part *especially* should have started you off in a safe zone so you could actually see things and begin to understand WHAT was going on. Took me a bit to realize I was dying so fast because of the cannons and that I would need protect range, and all.

The boss fight itself was actually felt very much easier than people claimed. I did like the whole bit with the castle replica..

I would have liked more dialog at post quest, and better ability to see the changes my choices made..

It was rather easy, yes. But due some kind of what I would call a bug, sometimes triggers didn't work. And if such a trigger didn't work, then the fight would then be neigh on impossible!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

well, yes and no

i think it's intentional that you can stand behind the pillars to avoid the magic attacks, but the nature of the fight means that they'll try to do their damn best to flush you out, since the melee guy is coded to move around obstacles while the magic guy gets caught on things like a normal enemy

while the prompts need way better telegraphing, the concept in of itself isn't terrible, and if you feel that it's too hard, it's most likely because the quest was somewhat difficult to follow as far as tension escalation goes, and there was too little to go on in order to actually express that this is supposed to be a grandmaster quest

8f14270694.jpg

I agree. It really didn't feel like a grandmaster. I would've liked a stage where we go and do a hunt/search to see if the Red Axe are still in those caves.

In addition, I would've liked to give us some better prompting so that we didn't have all the issues determining what exactly was happening.

The boss fight was decent. I think if I hadn't known to use magic I would've had more trouble.

It was a decent quest overall, but a bit confusing about some things. Just needed a little revision to be tidied up.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Also, Dragon Battlestaff is currently the only dragon weapon with particle effects.

Just got a pickaxe from battlefield today, in 2h, gonna try and get a second one and cash it in.

So they should add particle effects to all dragon weapons so that people will keepsake them. Profit????

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

Also, Dragon Battlestaff is currently the only dragon weapon with particle effects.

Just got a pickaxe from battlefield today, in 2h, gonna try and get a second one and cash it in.

So they should add particle effects to all dragon weapons so that people will keepsake them. Profit????

Or they should replace the dragon weapon rewards with override rewards. E.g. Lost City awards you with dragon longsword and dagger overrides, Regicide rewards you with a dragon halberd override etc.. The weapons themselves would be usable regardless of quest completion.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

i found some luck using royal cbow on him since it has more consistent damage flow than a staff (key to disrupting the heals) but i wouldn't recommend melee unless you have drygores since you're gonna have to chase down the cannoneer and you don't want both that and him firing at you at the same time

8f14270694.jpg

Kill Hreidmar first, I used seasingers/cstaff. Safespot the other dwarves while you focus on H, he should only heal once or twice. Then move on to Grimsson, still safespotting the cannoneers. When the two bosses are dead, the rest is a piece of cake.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I miss when I actually needed items for quests.

It's not another one of those run through a series of rooms 'grandmaster' quests is it...

Not entirely - you're sent out in the "real" runescape world in the beginning.

Myself, I liked the quest, though I agree on everyone that it had too many loose ends afterwards - It's meant to be the conclusion of the quest series after all.

Grandmaster worthy, yes indeed, but it's not the best grandmaster quest out there. I think we're bound to be disappointed if we're always comparing new grandmester quests with with While Guthix Sleeps. Both because I think it's a very good quest, but also because we're not going to have the same surprise we had when it was released - the scope of that quest blew out the previous quests. (maybe exept legends quest in rsc)

eh, anybody dying in this quest is of no consequence besides what the "threat" of the red axe was supposed to be

You can kill King Veldaban...

One thing that kinda annoyed me was that there was no negative or positive results from killing/letting someone live.

howlin1eeveesig.png

eh, anybody dying in this quest is of no consequence besides what the "threat" of the red axe was supposed to be

You can kill King Veldaban...

One thing that kinda annoyed me was that there was no negative or positive results from killing/letting someone live.

Very true, at the start as well I felt 2/3 of the tasks were entirely pointless.

The spies literally nothing is said or done about them afterwards and it has zero impact on the plot at all.

The Taverly bit as well, sure it gave a small lore bite (but the post quest book more than covers that exact same topic in better detail) and having gone to investigate feels entirely pointless when it's like well yolo lets go charging in anyway cause who needs research.

Neither of them really had any sort of impact on the battle ahead or our actions down the line.

Plv6Dz6.jpg