Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

17 March 2014 Mahjarrat Memories

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

Yoko Kurama
[ Display Name History ]

Yoko Kurama

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,988 posts

Miniquest that requires you to get 7500 memories. Lame. A needless way to stretch this out by stupid grinding. Probably some saddist at Jagex came up with this.

As for the wealth calculator, and the highscores: exactly what this game does not need.

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts

Finished everything.

Rewards:

150k Divination Bonus XP
Spoilers of cosmetic stuff:

Picture of the actual tiny lucien follower pls

Leik
[ Display Name History ]

Leik

Super Moderator

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,584 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Leik
[bleep]ing 7500 memories, why? God [bleep]ing damn it.

The weekly/monthly highscores are pretty awesome though, I really like that idea.

Lol at that wealth crap though.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts

-------------------

So after the miniquest I went to the World Gate, and realised that you can fiddle with the controls to redirect it. It also seems that you need to turn the controls in some set combination to power up the World Gate for use.

These are pictures of the runes/sigils on the World Gate. You go from the first to the next by rotating the controls right. There are ten different locations.

7yZcY.png

And these are the descriptions of the location represented by each sigil.

Through the gate you see a world engulfed in flames. It's kind of beautiful. (Auspah homeworld/Location of Zamorak's banishment?)

Through the gate you see a once lush world left to ruin. You recognise it as Guthix's homeworld.

Through the gate you see a world covered almost entirely by trees.

Through the gate you see a world with a blood-red sky and many castles and fortresses. (Vampyrium?)

Through the gate you see many rock islands floating in the sky above an exposed planetary core. (Note: This is Abbinah, Aviansie homeworld)

Through the gate you see a volcanic, ash-covered world comprised solely of black rock. (Character: The gate doesn't seem to be powered; Freneskae)

Through the gate you see a vast ocean speckled with hundreds of small islands. One has a gleaming white tower upon it. (New Domina)

Through the gate you see many twisted planes filled with fire. (Infernal Dimensions)

Through the gate you see vast ruins and large, putrid swamps. You recognise it as the ruined plane of Kethsi.

Through the gate you see strange devices crackling with red lightning. You recognise it as being Teragard, the origin plane of humankind.
Note that if you try to enter the World Gate, you get a message that a mystical force stops you from stepping through.
HOWEVER, on the sixth location (where your character says that the gate doesn't seem to be powered), this message does not appear.

Make of it what you will.

E: Fixed descriptions

Edited by Saradomin_Mage, 17 March 2014 - 07:12 PM.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
Narnia!

... no wait, Narnia's in a wardrobe, this is a portal.

Nevermind.

Drazhor
[ Display Name History ]

Drazhor

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,799 posts
  • RSN:Drazhor

Lore from these memories mention some of the other worlds, guess the world gate was the thing that had access to them

Posted Image
Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

-------------------

So after the miniquest I went to the World Gate, and realised that you can fiddle with the controls to redirect it. It also seems that you need to turn the controls in some set combination to power up the World Gate for use.

These are pictures of the runes/sigils on the World Gate. You go from the first to the next by rotating the controls right. There are ten different locations.

7yZcY.png

And these are the descriptions of the location represented by each sigil.

Through the gate you see a world engulfed in flames. It's kind of beautiful.

Through the gate you see a once lush world left to ruin. You recognise it as Guthix's homeworld.

Through the gate you see a world covered almost entirely by trees.

Through the gate you see a world with a blood-red sky and many castles and fortresses. (Freneskae?)

Through the gate you see many rock islands floating in the sky above an exposed planetary core. (Note: This is Abbinah, Aviansie homeworld)

Through the gate you see a volcanic, ash-covered world comprised solely of black rock. (Character: The gate doesn't seem to be powered)

Through the gate you see a vast ocean speckled with hundreds of small islands. One has a gleaming white tower upon it.

Through the gate you see many twisted planes filled with fire.

Through the gate you see vast ruins and large, putrid swamps. You recognise it as the ruined plane of Kethsi.

Through the gate you see strange devices crackling with red lightning. You recognise it as being Teragard, the origin plane of humankind.
Note that if you try to enter the World Gate, you get a message that a mystical force stops you from stepping through.
HOWEVER, on the sixth location (where your character says that the gate doesn't seem to be powered), this message does not appear.

Make of it what you will.

Given the description in the memories the 6th world is Frenskae, which would fit with the portal not blocking us entry as we will be going through there next week.

3) Has gotta be the elf homeworld I'd imagine

4) I'd hedge my bets on Vampyrium or Dwarven homeworld

7) I'm stumped - perhaps dwarves or merpeople.

8) Sounds like the infernal realms aka demons

Also recharge for use in frenskae I wonder if tht means some of the mah mentioned in Bilrach's memory that we've not heard of before will have memories found in frenskae.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,789 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Volcanic ash covered world is freneskrae

Tower one is icyene

Blyaunte
[ Display Name History ]

Blyaunte

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,051 posts
  • RSN:Blyaunte

The only reason why I'd want to have a Bobble-headed Lucien follower is so that I can drop-kick the little ess oh bee, all over Gelinor, for what he did to Hazelmere ...  :angry:

nyuseg.png

V O R K
[ Display Name History ]

V O R K

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,215 posts

Wewt Lore is really starting to catch my attention.

Cool stuff

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif
✿ ♥‿♥)

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
Powering up the World Gate:

6Ij0n.jpg

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

The 500 memory thing is pretty stupid. The ribbon customization thing is insufficient. You still can't resize the ribbon or hide the RWT button. The wealth calculator is ridiculous. Jagex is a bad game developer. This is a list of facts.

*Eagerly awaits QScape*

Nobody
[ Display Name History ]

Nobody

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,722 posts
  • RSN:Quikdrawjoe
  • Clan:None

Why does an in game wealth calculator seem like something that only people wanting to sell their account going to use?  Then I realized that was just the cynic in me.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

DarkDude
[ Display Name History ]

DarkDude

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,232 posts
  • RSN:Dark Dude

I wouldn't care about the wealth checker costing something if it was accurate. Apparently my Drygore Mace/Off Hand are worth 800M...

It's useless in its current state and seems like no testing went into it.

wioneo
[ Display Name History ]

wioneo

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,410 posts
  • RSN:wioneo

The new wealth elevator removed the ability to see the cash value on the items kept on death screen.....

Additionally it doesn't count gear that needs to be repaired.
Chatoics are worth 90k each.

Each pieces of fully repaired ports armor is ~55milion.

Div bxp outfit is 40k.

So basically the thing is kinda useless.

That makes it worse than useless if it removes the lost on death counter, because you could just withdraw whatever you wanted to check and then look there before...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 405~46 Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,8 Legs,9 Spear,2 D2h,8 L Half,49 Boots,2 Skirt,2 DDs,9 Lump,8 Claws,56 Dagger,13 Visage,74 Mace,4 Scimitar,2 Hasta,Baxe,51 Long,29 Royal,2 Kite,Ward,Plate,Staff,Hammer
GWD: 151~4 S Staff,72 Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,3 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,Z Boots,B shield

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 3~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl + GWD2: 6~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots 

Etc: 57~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,6 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,4 Rider Armor,4 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,Blood Shard,5 Hydrix,Gland

Capes

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
Just did a bit of testing on vibrant vs incandescent wisps and the results are quite counter-intuitive.

At 99 Divination, and siphoning 250 memories from each source,
- 64 vibrant memories were enriched
- 92 incandescent memories were enriched

????

Bottom line is that it's faster to go to the poison wastes than MA to charge your engrammeter.

6Ij0n.jpg

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,565 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:wkw

Why did they make the chat box text smaller, but left all the other text in the game the same??

Don't they realize that every single time they change the font, it is a bad decision?

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts

Hunting_Memories.png

I suddenly realize that Moia's ability is like divination, except instead of deriving memories from wisps, she's ripping them out of people's skulls, and she can do this because of her Mahjarrat blood.

8f14270694.jpg

V O R K
[ Display Name History ]

V O R K

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,215 posts

Why does an in game wealth calculator seem like something that only people wanting to sell their account going to use?  Then I realized that was just the cynic in me.

The item discussion forum recently had an entry called "High end GP goals"

Acquaring vast amounts of wealth is as popular as XP it seems.

I'm also guilty of that :^$

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif
✿ ♥‿♥)

The Marquis
[ Display Name History ]

The Marquis

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • RSN:Dark Marquis
  • Clan:HYT

Also in regards to Gwyn's post