Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

There is ingame leak about new dwarf quest what gives spoilers what we do, it pretty much explains first picture

Where's the leak?

Go to king's axe inn in keldragrim there is 5 new npc's.

Went there, found nothing.

Wrong pub pal, try the one near near bank.

I went to both pubs and both had no new added npcs.

There are some in the west city pub that mention they want a king instead of the current system. They also rant a little about the statue we helped make in a previous dwarf quest. I've also seen those npc's in screenshots for the quest.

How new they are though, I'm not sure about. They will be in the quest however.

And they reveal one of them hint pictures pretty much

The new dwarven quest looks awesome. I wonder what they're making in those machines...

As with the dwarf graphics, yea I agree they need an update. They do have updated chatbox graphics though which is somewhat good I guess.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I think he looks cool (if that's Nex). I like this type of look better than the oversized Corp and some other GWD bosses. :thumbup:

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

I agree with SanNo.

I SO hope it will fly up in the air if you try to Melee it as it is floating above the ground in the pictures. I hope he has a weakness to Zaros' his own Magic (Ancients). A mageable boss please :thumbup:

I see it has black particles as well. Nice!

Are those stairs behind him? I think this means he will teleport given the are is quite big compared to other GDW bosses.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

I'll reserve judgement of the update until I try it, however I thought they said the area would possibly be the best looking area graphic wise. Looks just like the rest of the GWD.

New boss:

16665910150131510486729.jpg

Source

221346138.jpg

Source

Zarosian shape floor, do we stand in the middle and range? or do we run around and attack? ;)

I'd say bosses drop at what they do, for example.

Armadyl Ranges - drops range armour.

Dagannoth Rex Melees - drops melee rings.

Dagannoth Supreme Ranges - drops seercull and archers ring.

Nex drops 3 armour types & a bow - it hybrids and it ranges predominantly? prediction ;)

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Hmm whenever I think of a none quest boss in RS I always imagine them to be quite big, quite nice to see a change. Looks like having magic/ranged will be quite useful as I suspect he/she doesn't stand still for too long given the room looks quite big.

Also what helm is that player wearing? I don't recognise it.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Hmm whenever I think of a none quest boss in RS I always imagine them to be quite big, quite nice to see a change. Looks like having magic/ranged will be quite useful as I suspect he/she doesn't stand still for too long given the room looks quite big.

I'm guessing those are the new decorative robes?

Maybe they come with a decorative helm, maybe it's one of the torva helms. Do any of them have horns from the video.

PM me in game anytime

I wonder what it takes to open that door. 40 kc from all gods?

Also, isn't it strange that all the monsters in the first picture demby posted are attacking the player while he is wearing robes with a Zaros symbol on them?

Just noticed the helm of the (presumably sprit mage) NPC is the same as that of the player, so I'd say he is wearing tarvo mage robes or at least the helm.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

Those rangers finally have quivers. Could it be that's how the new bow has unlimited ammo? It takes up the cape slot with a quiver?

PM me in game anytime

I'm guessing those are the new decorative robes?

Maybe they come with a decorative helm, maybe it's one of the torva helms. Do any of them have horns from the video.

From the RuneSlayer pictures it looks like that helm is the Torva Mage helm, assuming they're wearing Torva armour. That Ranged armour and bow looks really good. Not so much of a fan of the melee stuff but there are worse looking armours in the game.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Looks like the mage in the first picture is using Ancient Magicks so I'll assume Nex does as well. Oh boy, he's going to be a tough boss then. I'm starting to think more and more that Melee is going to be very ineffective against him.

Looks like the mage in the first picture is using Ancient Magicks so I'll assume Nex does as well. Oh boy, he's going to be a tough boss then. I'm starting to think more and more that Melee is going to be very ineffective against him.

its gonna be one way or the other probably

either nex mages and you cant mage him, or nex doesnt mage and hes weak to mage

id assume with 15 attacks that nex has a massive mage lvl, meaning you cant mage him

a_final_name.png

id assume with 15 attacks that nex has a massive mage lvl, meaning you cant mage him

Not necessarily. Necrolord, mysterious shades, shades and demons like The Warmonger use Magic as an attack style and they can be maged effectively.

They could have him attack with mage without him having a huge mage level. Like through mage based range or something.

PM me in game anytime

Not necessarily. Necrolord, mysterious shades, shades and demons like The Warmonger use Magic as an attack style and they can be maged effectively.

necrolord isnt that weak to mage, but then again i just hex him now days

as for demons and shades, this is because of equiptment bonuses

in dung monstars have equiptment bonuses rather than raw combat lvl, this is the reason monsters in dung are harder than oustside, for example a 122 ranger zombie is the exact same in combat as dagannother supreme

in dung demons have -64 magic def bonus, so naturaly they are resistant to mage, but since for their attack bonus its impossible to roll above a -64 ull hit everytime unless you roll a -65, shades behave in a similar way

since nex will have a massive combat lvl, and be like the other gwd monsters, then id assume he has no hidden equiptment bonuses....but if they realy wanted to make him unsoloable they would give him equiptment bonuses on top of 900+ cb, then again the -bonus you want would only make him easier so im not so sure if they would do that

a_final_name.png