Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

first day he is out is all going to be about getting 1 good spec in i hope everyone realizes this (maybe not if he prays/flys)

Not really, if you corp enough you will have formed teams weeks ago ready for this boss ;) plus there are monster hunting clans out there that are ready for it

i mean more to the effect of 4-5 'clans' per world + stragglers all attacking as he spawned

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

...What civilization spoke Latin? Don't get me wrong, it adds a nice touch to the atmosphere and gives a sense of antiquity (Reminds me of the inscription in Dante's Inferno "Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate" above the gates to hell), but other languages in the world have never been brought up before (Dwarves and Elfs never had the need to translate and all seem quite fluent in whatever language the server is on), much less one that ACTUALLY exists. I remember speculation about Zaros when Temple at Sennisten was released that the "Empty Lord" referred to a pragmatic empire rather than an ideological one, much like the Roman Empire, and if that's the case it would make an interesting connection...but this is still gonna take A LOT of explaining for me to swallow. I know this is probably just decoration, but it brings up a whole can of worms that has really gone unspoken up until now.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

...What civilization spoke Latin? Don't get me wrong, it adds a nice touch to the atmosphere and gives a sense of antiquity (Reminds me of the inscription in Dante's Inferno "Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate" above the gates to hell), but other languages in the world have never been brought up before (Dwarves and Elfs never had the need to translate and all seem quite fluent in whatever language the server is on), much less one that ACTUALLY exists. I remember speculation about Zaros when Temple at Sennisten was released that the "Empty Lord" referred to a pragmatic empire rather than an ideological one, much like the Roman Empire, and if that's the case it would make an interesting connection...but this is still gonna take A LOT of explaining for me to swallow. I know this is probably just decoration, but it brings up a whole can of worms that has really gone unspoken up until now.

Gnomes have their own language that has pseudo latin links.

Eleves also have their own language, shown to some extent in the place names of the area tht all draw on irl languages.

Also scattered about there are various french, german, dutch etc puns/references tht use slight foreign language fragments.

And I'm fairly sure proper latin has popped up in a few other places being used by humans in the past or ceremonial purposes.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I think that's overthinking it. Latin at some point recently became "ominous and dark," so it is fitting that things associated with Zaros use Latin. The Zarosian Hymnal had Latin incantations, too. See here, here, and here.

td2sig.jpg

I think that's overthinking it. Latin at some point recently became "ominous and dark," so it is fitting that things associated with Zaros use Latin. The Zarosian Hymnal had Latin incantations, too. See here, here, and here.

If Zarosians speak Latin... omgosh...

*goes fangirl*

Take me Zaros! Take me!

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Nex kinda Looks like a gargoyle/Scarabas Hybrid O.o

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

I was expecting Nex to be more human-like. Very interesting design. I like the layout of the room, too. I'm stoked, and I really wish I had P2P and a computer right about now. <_<

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Hmm.... Knowing that Jagex has a tendency to release updates with an inverse relation to how cool we think they're supposed to be, I think Nex is gonna stink on ice.

I mean, looking at all the hype here, I'm guess it's going to un-meleeable, have half the fight be time-consuming cutscenes, and have a droprate of ~divine sigil for everything except rune javelins and noted marrentills.

[/cynic]

Can't wait for the update to be released so all the slayer spots will be empty; since I know there's no way in hell I'll be able to get a Nex kill within the first month of release. :thumbup:

a70c7.png

Hmm.... Knowing that Jagex has a tendency to release updates with an inverse relation to how cool we think they're supposed to be, I think Nex is gonna stink on ice.

I mean, looking at all the hype here, I'm guess it's going to un-meleeable, have half the fight be time-consuming cutscenes, and have a droprate of ~divine sigil for everything except rune javelins and noted marrentills.

[/cynic]

Can't wait for the update to be released so all the slayer spots will be empty; since I know there's no way in hell I'll be able to get a Nex kill within the first month of release. :thumbup:

All this x1000. :mellow:

I can only hope that with their intention to balance out the huge hits in PvP, they make the drops relatively common. But yes, it's going to be anarchy for a long while there. Judging from the pictures, it looks like half the time he'll be on the ground and the other half he'll be flying.

td2sig.jpg

I'll be staying away from Nex considering supplies to kill him will probably be fairly inflated and worlds will be impossible to find to kill him. In the mean time i'm sure slayer and DK's will be good places to be.

Low_C.png

That Latin phrase is associated with "memento mori" which is a genre of art meant to remind people of their mortality. It translates as "remember you will die."

Vita brevis breviter in brevi finietur,

Mors venit velociter quae neminem veretur,

Omnia mors perimit et nulli miseretur.

Ad mortem festinamus peccare desistamus.

Life is short, and shortly it will end;

Death comes quickly and respects no one,

Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one.

To death we are hastening, let us refrain from sinning.

Ni conversus fueris et sicut puer factus

Et vitam mutaveris in meliores actus,

Intrare non poteris regnum Dei beatus.

Ad mortem festinamus peccare desistamus.

If you do not turn back and become like a child,

And change your life for the better,

You will not be able to enter, blessed, the Kingdom of God.

To death we are hastening, let us refrain from sinning.

td2sig.jpg

not a very graphicly appealing boss or boss chamber, after all the epic dung bosses i was expecting more

yet im a lover of pvm in every way so i wont judge the fight itsself by what the boss looks like

i hope theres is a cutscene in the boss fight, something very very interesting that i wont see coming.....like nomad teleporting in when shes low hp and blasting her to ashes then absorbing her majharrat power and turning on us (one can always dream)

a_final_name.png

I think the boss is androgynous. The BTS uses the gender-neutral "it" to refer to Nex.

Also, to me the voice sounds very similar to the Angel of Death in Hellboy 2 :mellow: Not that that has any correlation to RS, just an observation.

td2sig.jpg

Will be definately interesting to say the least. Going to be amazing if it actually is a challenge to kill and not another Bandos.

With any luck the drop prices will be set high off start aswell.

oaM0.png
fXPnd.png

one good sign i see is that weve had 5 teasers between thursday and friday, as early and many as that is thats a realy good sign that we could get the update on monday

Or it could be delayed or be safespottable causing a rollback/mass deflation of the new items

Not to be pessimistic but there's almost a guarantee that something will pop up unintended.

2496 Completionist

So what is Nex?

It looks like some kind of mutated avanasie but more like a bat then a bird.

Hopefully Jagex will add some lore to go with the new zaros army.

An no other monsters in the boss room?

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

So what is Nex?

It looks like some kind of mutated avanasie but more like a bat then a bird.

Hopefully Jagex will add some lore to go with the new zaros army.

An no other monsters in the boss room?

Nex is too bad-ass to need minions ;)

td2sig.jpg