Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Is it bad I expected a real update to accompany this too? Guess this update gives Jagex a nice week off from updates then.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Is it bad I expected a real update to accompany this too? Guess this update gives Jagex a nice week off from updates then.

Define a "real" update?

This is fairly major afterall removal of trade limits.

Alterations to how ge works.

Return of proper drops.

Relocation of several quests and activites.

Remapping of a huugge area.

Brand new fairly large dungeon.

etc. etc.

This update has more parts to it and more content chnages in it tht your average weekly update.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Define a "real" update?

Return of proper drops.

etc. etc.

This update has more parts to it and more content chnages in it tht your average weekly update.

It adds no new or original content to the game and just reverts it back to 2007 basically, with a few minor changed. All in all if the hundreds of pages of writing and stuff in the wilderness topics are correct all it took was editing bits of code and reimplementing it. Nothing major that adds new content into the game. And I mean... Where's MOTM? Or the Smithing rework we were promised last year? Put on the back shelf for Jagex to do the time warp to gain more customers. This content adds nothing new to the game cept a load of douches that'll jump you for a teletab.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

Define a "real" update?

Return of proper drops.

etc. etc.

It adds no new content to the game and just reverts it back to 2007 basically, with a few things changed. All in all if the hundreds of pages of writing and stuff in the wilderness topics are correct all it took was editing bits of code and reimplementing it. Nothing major that adds new content into the game. And I mean... Where's MOTM? Or the Smithing rework we were promised last year? Put on the back shelf for Jagex to do the time warp to gain more customers. This content adds nothing new to the game cept a load of douches that'll jump you for a teletab.

Calm down, have some dip.

Just because an update doesn't appeal to you doesn't make it a fake update. On that note, I'm not much of a smither, so I'd rather have a real update than your smithing improvement crap putting real updates on the shelf so Jagex can waste time to gain more customers.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Define a "real" update?

Return of proper drops.

etc. etc.

It adds no new content to the game and just reverts it back to 2007 basically, with a few things changed. All in all if the hundreds of pages of writing and stuff in the wilderness topics are correct all it took was editing bits of code and reimplementing it. Nothing major that adds new content into the game. And I mean... Where's MOTM? Or the Smithing rework we were promised last year? Put on the back shelf for Jagex to do the time warp to gain more customers. This content adds nothing new to the game cept a load of douches that'll jump you for a teletab.

Calm down, have some dip.

Just because an update doesn't appeal to you doesn't make it a fake update. On that note, I'm not much of a smither, so I'd rather have a real update than your smithing improvement crap putting real updates on the shelf so Jagex can waste time to gain more customers.

It's not that the update doesn't appeal to me - personally I support free trade but not the wildy - however, I just don't see how this update is actually anything at all cept Jagex trying to waste a week because they can't come up with anything new or inventive. This whole thing has been just a mere PR campaign for them to get more customers and therefore more money. Whether they inject that money into RS is yet to be seen what with Stellar Dawn coming and Fun Orb needing resources too. And tbh I could spend hours discussing how the smithing update is needed more than old wildy and whatever else, but it was just an example along with MOTM. They promised us those updates last year; however, they've been pushed back. Now when there's ample time for it, then have to prolong the wait for an update that does nothing really for the general RS community. And the reason why I come to that conclusion (even though 90% voted yes) is because currently there are only: 7050 out of 188,265 people on RS on PVP, Bounty or Bounty +1 worlds on members and F2P. That's only ~26.7% of the community playing PVP. However, using smithing as a very bad example, there are at least 13,120 people with 99 smithing, double that playing PVP right now. There's over 100K people with 75+ smithing etc etc. I just feel that in general that this update is nothing more than reverting old pieces of code and therefore adding nothing new, exciting, innovative or original into this game which is ultimately what an update is meant to do.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

It's not that the update doesn't appeal to me - personally I support free trade but not the wildy - however, I just don't see how this update is actually anything at all cept Jagex trying to waste a week because they can't come up with anything new or inventive. This whole thing has been just a mere PR campaign for them to get more customers and therefore more money. Whether they inject that money into RS is yet to be seen what with Stellar Dawn coming and Fun Orb needing resources too. And tbh I could spend hours discussing how the smithing update is needed more than old wildy and whatever else, but it was just an example along with MOTM. They promised us those updates last year; however, they've been pushed back. Now when there's ample time for it, then have to prolong the wait for an update that does nothing really for the general RS community. And the reason why I come to that conclusion (even though 90% voted yes) is because currently there are only: 7050 out of 188,265 people on RS on PVP, Bounty or Bounty +1 worlds on members and F2P. That's only ~26.7% of the community playing PVP. However, using smithing as a very bad example, there are at least 13,120 people with 99 smithing, double that playing PVP right now. There's over 100K people with 75+ smithing etc etc. I just feel that in general that this update is nothing more than reverting old pieces of code and therefore adding nothing new, exciting, innovative or original into this game which is ultimately what an update is meant to do.

What it all comes down to is that not all updates are going to be completely new code, and throwing a hissy fit like a child whenever Jagex puts out an update that you don't like isn't going to change that. More than a million people voted for free trade, so if you're going to use comparison by numbers, nobody cares what players with 99 smithing, or even 75+ smithing, think, because they're a tiny portion of the community.

Oh and that's not what the definition of an update is. Grab a dictionary.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

What it all comes down to is that not all updates are going to be completely new code, and throwing a hissy fit like a child whenever Jagex puts out an update that you don't like isn't going to change that. More than a million people voted for free trade, so if you're going to use comparison by numbers, nobody cares what players with 99 smithing, or even 75+ smithing, think, because they're a tiny portion of the community.

Since when have I thrown a hissy fit? All I said was "Is it bad I expected a real update to accompany this too? Guess this update gives Jagex a nice week off from updates then." No hissy fit there. Well then tell me, where is that million people right now? But fair enough point. However, when it comes down to it I believe we're both too stubborn to back down from our points. My point was that an update to a skill or bringing out a quest would be much more beneficial to the community than the influx of douches that will accompany FT and OW.

And I do know what a update is you condescending [wagon]. Now, if you wish to continue this conversation PM me.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Since when have I thrown a hissy fit? All I said was "Is it bad I expected a real update to accompany this too? Guess this update gives Jagex a nice week off from updates then." No hissy fit there. Well then tell me, where is that million people right now? But fair enough point. However, when it comes down to it I believe we're both too stubborn to back down from our points. My point was that an update to a skill or bringing out a quest would be much more beneficial to the community than the influx of douches that will accompany FT and OW.

And I do know what a update is you condescending [wagon]. Now, if you wish to continue this conversation PM me.

How is it not a real update when we practically get a new class of boss monsters to hunt for loot and xp(pvp items/statues and brawlers)? Seems quite real to me, atleast i haven't been to such dungeon yet, even in 07'.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

new, exciting, innovative or original into this game which is ultimately what an update is meant to do.

No you don't. Not even in the slightest. And it turned into a hissy fit the second you insinuated that the update wasn't a "real update" because it didn't appeal you, forget the over million players who voted to return free trade and wilderness pvp. Then you went on a whiny rant with faulty logic comparing the overall number of people with 75+ smithing to those who are pvp'ing right now, followed by an ad hominem attack comparing updating smithing to "an influx of douches," as if that's the only effect that free trade and wilderness will have. Bringing out a quest would be more beneficial to the community than bringing back features the majority of players have wanted for three years? You really have no clue what you're talking about, and your complaints are only fueled by self-serving, self-absorbed ideals that assume that you are right, anyone who wants something else is a "douche," and that your tiny minority of players should be served first because, hey, you can throw out iirelevent numbers, and the more if/then statements you can toss into a conversation, the smarter you are, regardless of context, feasibility, or relevance.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

You sir need to learn one lesson my dad taught me... there are three types of lies in this world:

Lies, Damn lies, and statistics.

With that being said don't try whipping out the "we got one million "people" voting in favour of free trade. You had more than one million VOTES, not people. One vote was guarunteed per ACCOUNT, not person. So in reality, not "more than a million people voted for free trade." More than one million VOTES did. That is a huge difference.

Onto opinion, I agree with ezkaton, this update was purely for more revenue, tbh, I hate smithing at times, but as for wildy/freetrade V. smithing update? I'd personally rather have a smithing update accompanied by something else.

oh and on the line off semantics, he didn't try and define update, he gave his opinion on what an update should be.lol a definition can be right or wrong, however an opinion is simply that: An opinion. :thumbsup:

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

Onto opinion, I agree with ezkaton, this update was purely for more revenue, tbh, I hate smithing at times, but as for wildy/freetrade V. smithing update? I'd personally rather have a smithing update accompanied by something else.

Jagex is a business, first and foremost, and whatever they can do to bring in more customers, they will do. People piss and moan every week that they aren't being catered to, whether Jagex release a quest, new skill, new item, new boss, new weapon, new armor, new resource, new potion, new mechanic, etc, and how Jagex should release a "real update," meaning "something that I want to use." Why people are surprised when Jagex do publicity stunts is beyond me, they're a business, that's what businesses do.

oh and on the line off semantics, he didn't try and define update, he gave his opinion on what an update should be.lol a definition can be right or wrong, however an opinion is simply that: An opinion. :thumbsup:

Stating the purpose of something isn't stating an opinion, it is making a factual statement, which can be right or wrong. He stated that updates are meant to bring new content, and any update that expands on old content is not a real update, which is patently false. We are all entitled to our own opinions, we are not entitled to our own set of facts.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Jagex is a business, first and foremost, and whatever they can do to bring in more customers, they will do. People piss and moan every week that they aren't being catered to, whether Jagex release a quest, new skill, new item, new boss, new weapon, new armor, new resource, new potion, new mechanic, etc, and how Jagex should release a "real update," meaning "something that I want to use." Why people are surprised when Jagex do publicity stunts is beyond me, they're a business, that's what businesses do.

Stating the purpose of something isn't stating an opinion, it is making a factual statement, which can be right or wrong. He stated that updates are meant to bring new content, and any update that expands on old content is not a real update, which is patently false. We are all entitled to our own opinions, we are not entitled to our own set of facts.

Yes, Jagex is a business first and foremost, however, businesses who don't keep their promises tend not to last in my experience.

I just feel that in general that this update is nothing more than reverting old pieces of code and therefore adding nothing new, exciting, innovative or original into this game which is ultimately what an update is meant to do.

I'm pretty sure that this is one sentence. I agree, we can't set our own facts, but please read the sentence again. His sentence starts out talking about his feelings, then moves on to the subject and ends describing the subject THEREFORE it's not something he is setting down as fact, rather his opinion on the subject matter. In a sentence you can't just take parts out, and make them sound however you want, as people ALWAYS do, as they then lose any meaning at all.

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:

Yes, Jagex is a business first and foremost, however, businesses who don't keep their promises tend not to last in my experience.

Sadly, untrue. As someone who has both played and written about MMOs since the early days of Ultima Online (1997), the big lies can hurt a business, but rarely kill it. The small ones, like not releasing a vague update to an in-game skill, won't hurt Jagex in the short or long run.

I should also point out with Jagex, that they've made a place for themselves as being the company that takes years between quest sequels, and who also delayed a mini-game (Mobilising Armies) for close to ten months, on the month it was supposed to be released. If they release the smithing rework this year, it would be fast for their track record.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Sadly, untrue. As someone who has both played and written about MMOs since the early days of Ultima Online (1997), the big lies can hurt a business, but rarely kill it. The small ones, like not releasing a vague update to an in-game skill, won't hurt Jagex in the short or long run.

I should also point out with Jagex, that they've made a place for themselves as being the company that takes years between quest sequels, and who also delayed a mini-game (Mobilising Armies) for close to ten months, on the month it was supposed to be released. If they release the smithing rework this year, it would be fast for their track record.

Haha, true that. We are talking about Jagex here... I was actually thinking that promises meant something again hehe. :thumbup:

Oh and back OT, I can't wait for the new rev dungeons, I hope to god that they become uncrowded for pkers really fast. I want some nice brawlers. hehe

Edited by mlskid

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:

Haha, true that. We are talking about Jagex here... I was actually thinking that promises meant something again hehe. :thumbup:

My major criticism of Jagex is that they spread their resources too thin. They have one or two developers working on their own projects, and as a result nothing is done. What this wilderness update showed us is that, when Jagex pools their resources into one project, they can get a major update done in a fast process. When one year in between sequels is considered a short wait time, there is absolutely something wrong. Jagex should have concepts on the table, but pool a large part of their resources into one update at a time. Work on quest one week, work on new skill update the next, and I guarantee it won't take two and a half years to make one skill.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I agree wholeheartedly. It's like they are trying to train on controlled, only using that concept IRL for the company. It's just so slow and would be so much faster, effecient, and easier if they just concentrate on one part at a time. Plus, I think that would lead to less bugs in the game as well, as they'd have many different people thinking things through and coding as opposed to one person, which is easier to make a simple mistake someone else might see.

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:

uh im not gonna hate on jagex for delivering us free trade lol. i mean sometimes they do a bad job but so far i can see myself being happy with the way FT will turn out

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

hopefully wilderness and free trade return isn't the only epic update of February :blink:

I think it was Mark Gerhard who was screenshotted in either the forums or his clanchat saying that 2011 was going to be the year of clan support. Hopefully we'll get more than just clan support, or else I'm going to have to join a clan.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

hopefully wilderness and free trade return isn't the only epic update of February :blink:

I think it was Mark Gerhard who was screenshotted in either the forums or his clanchat saying that 2011 was going to be the year of clan support. Hopefully we'll get more than just clan support, or else I'm going to have to join a clan.

Actually I think it was the community and clan jmods (as well as the contetn mods hu do most of their projects) hu said 2011 was gonna be a big year for clan support.

Meaning alot of the stuff they been dev lboggin bout n chatting bout for like a yr or two prob be coming.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

That second wild picture either must be old, or Jagex decided to go on a time machine to 2009 ish. The previous hitsplats? The old shield defend animation (look at the guy in rune)? The old dharok's greater axe wield stance? And who fights a guy in dharoks with a rat pole and full skeletal?

Heh, just picking apart the picture. :razz:

Anyways, not looking too forward to this update. :mellow:

Ignoring the 'idiot' attacking the person in dharoks for a minute.. Why woulld someone in full dragon, attack a dude in full rune ?? And those are old hitsplats :o if ther return i'll re-gasm ! :ohnoes:

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

Either they recycled an old picture or began testing this before the hitsplats update. If the latter, then they had this planned a long time ago. If the former, well then. Laziness wouldn't be the right word, nor incompetence, but something between the two.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats