Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Hmmm wonder if much like the Ice Strykewyrm, it'll be healed by it's element. Fire spells could be useless and Ice spells extremely effective, so do you take the risk of using Ice Barrage if you hunt with a team in case you hit them and get skulled?

Just blitz it, lol. It's not that much weaker than barrage, and under the circumstances it would be a lot safer to use.

Also, inb4 99 slayer requirement.

td2sig.jpg

I will have to man up and learn how to stay alive in the wildy :-)

Good luck, with the dozens of claw/KS one-item prods who will swarm the area, at least for the first few days/weeks after its release, assuming it's worth camping.

This emoticon sums up my expectations of this update: rollout.gif

In the wilderness: Unkillable due to pkers.

Outside the wilderness: Unkillable due to hordes of players.

:-?

Hmmm wonder if much like the Ice Strykewyrm, it'll be healed by it's element. Fire spells could be useless and Ice spells extremely effective, so do you take the risk of using Ice Barrage if you hunt with a team in case you hit them and get skulled?

Just blitz it, lol. It's not that much weaker than barrage, and under the circumstances it would be a lot safer to use.

Also, inb4 99 slayer requirement.

This is true, and heh, i've always wanted a 90+ slayer monster that requires a team to kill.

Chucking something this huge into the wilderness after their stupid wildy update.

Idiots.

This. If this is indeed in the Wilderness, it'll be impossible to kill it because of all the [bleep]ing brain-dead noobs one-iteming you with claws/KS. Also, hooray for more gear that is likely to be way underpriced on the GE and sold for billions on the streets.

Gonna be a FAIL update.

You can now offer up to 2.1b at ge, regardless of the guide price... and this won't be another Nex I don't think (meaning whatever it drops, you can buy it with money), so I wonder what you're talking about.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

Chucking something this huge into the wilderness after their stupid wildy update.

Idiots.

This. If this is indeed in the Wilderness, it'll be impossible to kill it because of all the [bleep]ing brain-dead noobs one-iteming you with claws/KS. Also, hooray for more gear that is likely to be way underpriced on the GE and sold for billions on the streets.

Gonna be a FAIL update.

Well KS won't work very well, cause it'll be a multi combat area

2s0cxth.png

Idiots.

Gonna be a FAIL update.

You can now offer up to 2.1b at ge, regardless of the guide price... and this won't be another Nex I don't think (meaning whatever it drops, you can buy it with money), so I wonder what you're talking about.

Depends how difficult it is, what the requirements to fight it are (i.e. 99 slayer?), and how rare the drops are. The issue with the low guide price is that it screws up LS/CS, which many people like to use. I hope you're right about it not being another Nex.

td2sig.jpg

I sense a lot of 3-iteming on my part.

Going from picture 2 and 3, I guess it's safe to assume that the guy with the hand cannon blew up the rune dude

(And not the mage in Virtus? Wtf?)

I only see one picture?

There are 3 more pictures on the sticky in this forum.

Also, good note about the multicombat zone affecting Korasi. At least that eliminates half the idiots ... :rolleyes:

Another thing, it probably won't have a slayer requirement if we're to believe that there's a guy in rune fighting it.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

maby the wyrm can burrow up in 1 of many dif locations. the wild being one

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

This thing wasn't mentioned in the February BTS.

And it can't be a march update, because it's like 2 weeks to march.

Wonder what they are plotting...

HAPPY SURPRISE WORM DAY?!

*shrug*

Just hope it's not a D&D like people have, possibly rightly, said here <_<

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Idiots.

Gonna be a FAIL update.

Depends how difficult it is, what the requirements to fight it are (i.e. 99 slayer?), and how rare the drops are. The issue with the low guide price is that it screws up LS/CS, which many people like to use. I hope you're right about it not being another Nex.

Low guide price only screws up CS, LS shouldn't have any other 'problem' effect than people with high LSP have harder time with hoarding the drops, which isn't a bad thing at all, in my opinion at least. ^^

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

also why is it called a wyrm? arnt wyrms dragons or a term for dragons and the wyrms in rs arnt very dragon like

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

It looks like beasts of burden won't be very useful, as a couple of the pics show the familiars getting hit quite hard.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

If this is in the wilderness... bad things will happen.

If it's not.... it's gonna get the crap camped out of it in the first week of release anyways. So meh, I don't care about the gigantic new worm thing regardless of it being a surprise update.

So.... I bet it drops fire capes.

a70c7.png

If this is in the wilderness... bad things will happen.

If it's not.... it's gonna get the crap camped out of it in the first week of release anyways. So meh, I don't care about the gigantic new worm thing regardless of it being a surprise update.

So.... I bet it drops fire capes.

Depends how it's incorporated into Slayer. I would highly doubt Jagex would break tradition of the other Strykewyrms and make it have nothing to do with the Slayer skill. If you have to have 95+ slayer to kill it, that alone will vastly limit the competition regardless of where it's located.

Also, based on the pictures, it's quite obvious it IS in the Wilderness. In one picture, the guy with the cannon is unskulled, and in another there's a loot pile of rune and he has a skull.

td2sig.jpg

THIS is why jad is stuck in that cave. When he gets out he breeds with other monsters...

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

maby the wyrm can burrow up in 1 of many dif locations. the wild being one

LOL. that would be kind of funny.

It'll be a giant mole but all over runescape.

That would be one hella fun monster to hunt.

Fight it - let your familiar follow it across the land before you can hit it D:

capt%20kevin.png

I'd say water would be more effective.

Like ice is normal effective on fire if you see it from a Pokémon perspective.

But eh, It's Runescape, not Pokémon :)

I was originally going to say just water, but I thought with it being the wilderness perhaps Jagex would make it Ice instead so it can potentially hit your friends.

Totally offtopic, but Pokémon wise, Ice is not very effective on Fire. :P

How many hotdogs does it take to mow a garage door?

Hmmm I think the killing setup is going to be, karil top and bottom and a strong wep like a gs, cls, cr, or whip and melee pray. Another setup is full veracs with protect item pray and mage pray. For the first few weeks there will be 1-itemers and possibly clans going to kill the wyrm killers so 3/4 iteming would be a necessity unless you have extreme confidence in your escape/survival skills.

Edit: This is assuming this is all in the wilderness.

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]