Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Hmmm wonder if much like the Ice Strykewyrm, it'll be healed by it's element. Fire spells could be useless and Ice spells extremely effective, so do you take the risk of using Ice Barrage if you hunt with a team in case you hit them and get skulled?

I'd say water would be more effective.

Like ice is normal effective on fire if you see it from a Pokémon perspective.

But eh, It's Runescape, not Pokémon :)

Totally offtopic, but Pokémon wise, Ice is not very effective on Fire. :P

^ This.

Back2Pokemon Krampell :lol:

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

This thing wasn't mentioned in the February BTS.

And it can't be a march update, because it's like 2 weeks to march.

Wonder what they are plotting...

Hopefully it isn't some complete waste of development time for a COMMUNITY EVENT :ohnoes:

:wall:

Hameigh.png

Oh, they had BETTER not put another monster in multicombat wilderness. Single combat is fine, because having to fight off a PKer can be fun/exciting. Multicombat is not, because 4 maxed people with a mix of claws and Korasi are not a challenge, they are an instant death sentence. Not fun, not challenging, just a way to lose your items periodically at no fault of your own.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Oh, they had BETTER not put another monster in multicombat wilderness. Single combat is fine, because having to fight off a PKer can be fun/exciting. Multicombat is not, because 4 maxed people with a mix of claws and Korasi are not a challenge, they are an instant death sentence. Not fun, not challenging, just a way to lose your items periodically at no fault of your own.

Because Korasi special is awesome in multi.

If you're worried about claws, go to the high risk world. They'll have to risk their claws to claw rush you.

If you're worried about claws, go to the high risk world. They'll have to risk their claws to claw rush you.

Yes, a 100% accurate attack that hits through melee prayer is pretty good, actually. And I don't doubt for a minute they'd risk claws.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Yes, a 100% accurate attack that hits through melee prayer is pretty good, actually. And I don't doubt for a minute they'd risk claws.

Uhh... did you forget the part that in multi, it only hits like 200 damage? And then bounces onto your team mates?

And yes, they'd risk claws. But then some people will go after them for their claws. And so on, and so on.

Well, to be fair, a group of six people with KS would still more-than-likely kill you in one turn even in multi, since those 150-200 hits would add up. Fortunately, they'd also probably kill each other in the process. :razz:

Nevertheless, in high-risk worlds, instead of one-item d clawers, you'd have the old-school dds one-itemers.

td2sig.jpg

Well, to be fair, a group of six people with KS would still more-than-likely kill you in one turn even in multi, since those 150-200 hits would add up. Fortunately, they'd also probably kill each other in the process. :razz:

I think any group of 6 people able to rush someone with some degree of coordination without accidentally targetting each other would have better things to do than use Korasi's. Aforementioned claws, for instance. :P

I think any group of 6 people able to rush someone with some degree of coordination without accidentally targetting each other would have better things to do than use Korasi's. Aforementioned claws, for instance. :P

whateva thay end up useing, your still dead without the ability to fight back.

not fun.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

not fun.

No ability to fight back? No one can attack you in the Wilderness unless you can attack them too, to my knowledge.

not fun.

No ability to fight back? No one can attack you in the Wilderness unless you can attack them too, to my knowledge.

umm... the entire point of the wild is that you can be attacked by anyone, at any time. (within the limits set by what wildy level your in)

not fun.

No, what he was saying is that there's not much you can do to save yourself when a bunch of noobs zerg rush you with spec weapons in multi. Especially if one of them spears you. Even with DDS, if there are six people speccing you chances are that before you can even eat once, you'll be dead. That's especially the case with D claws or Dark Bows.

td2sig.jpg

No, what he was saying is that there's not much you can do to save yourself when a bunch of noobs zerg rush you with spec weapons in multi. Especially if one of them spears you. Even with DDS, if there are six people speccing you chances are that before you can even eat once, you'll be dead. That's especially the case with D claws or Dark Bows.

So what you're saying is, an area that's meant to favor teams, hence the "multi" designation, favors teams?

What a calamity.

So what you're saying is, an area that's meant to favor teams, hence the "multi" designation, favors teams?

What a calamity.

there is a difrence between "favors teams" and "teams rule"

aka, yea its multi, getting attacked by more then one player is fair. but unles your in full torva with a devine, good luck even beeing able to fight back when 6 players with claws come out to pile you.

What a calamity.

My problem is not that multi favors teams, but that it looks like we're going to get a new high level slayer monster that forces me to go to a place that favors team PKing (aka instant death) just to kill it, which is an idiotic blend of skilling and mindless PK tactics. It just means that anyone who isn't stupid will HAVE to 3 item the thing, because at any moment you could essentially die randomly. Woo, good update?

Also, please look up Korasi spec before you make yourself look more stupid. It has the same max as a normal hit in multi, which last I checked is not 200 for someone of my level. A 100% accuracy hit that can't be prayed against without being vulnerable to claws is pretty overpowered when you have multiple people using it on you.

Hmmm wonder if much like the Ice Strykewyrm, it'll be healed by it's element. Fire spells could be useless and Ice spells extremely effective, so do you take the risk of using Ice Barrage if you hunt with a team in case you hit them and get skulled?

I'd say water would be more effective.

Like ice is normal effective on fire if you see it from a Pokémon perspective.

But eh, It's Runescape, not Pokémon :)

Totally offtopic, but Pokémon wise, Ice is not very effective on Fire. :P

^ This.

Back2Pokemon Krampell :lol:

:wall: I knew it wasn't super effective, so it was a 50/50 chance to be right

I guess I picked the wrong option. :???:

My problem is not that multi favors teams, but that it looks like we're going to get a new high level slayer monster that forces me to go to a place that favors team PKing (aka instant death) just to kill it, which is an idiotic blend of skilling and mindless PK tactics. It just means that anyone who isn't stupid will HAVE to 3 item the thing, because at any moment you could essentially die randomly. Woo, good update?

Also, please look up Korasi spec before you make yourself look more stupid. It has the same max as a normal hit in multi, which last I checked is not 200 for someone of my level. A 100% accuracy hit that can't be prayed against without being vulnerable to claws is pretty overpowered when you have multiple people using it on you.

It has the same MAX. But it doesn't always hit max. Between 4 people, the chance of them all hitting max is fairly low. Without top-notch gear (if they were risking top-notch gear they'd be using Dragon Claws obviously), your max hit is barely higher than 400. 200 is not an unreasonable average.

And nothing forces you to go anywhere. You don't have to kill the new slayer monster if you don't want to take the risks. Or you could 3-item. Or you could actually take risks, and be rewarded. Isn't that the whole point of the Wilderness? Risk-versus-reward?

What a calamity.

there is a difrence between "favors teams" and "teams rule"

aka, yea its multi, getting attacked by more then one player is fair. but unles your in full torva with a devine, good luck even beeing able to fight back when 6 players with claws come out to pile you.

You should "fight back" by having 6 people with claws pile them back. Sure, you might still die, but so will they...

I'm so sick of the risk vs reward [cabbage], it's like a stuck record. Unless this thing drops something worth in the millions on a regular basis then the content is worthless.

If it does have a Slayer requirement to kill it's just going to turn into the fire cape/Ice Wyrm fiasco again. If it's not fair to ask a player to kill a 702 boss to kill a monster that's part of a skill how is it fair to ask a player to essentially fight a [wagon] clan trying to rush you like fat guys after chocolate? Oh wait, it isn't because it's essentially the same thing.

Disclaimer: I have a fire cape so don't bother bringing that up. Of course, this Is all hypothetical.

Sylpheed.png