Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

I'm so excited for Elemental Workshop IV!

Oh, wait, no I'm not. EW quests suck. Where the [bleep] is the dungeoneering quest?

This. EW3 was one of the most excruciating quests in the game. The only ones that come close are See No Evil and One Small Favour. Not to mention that the rewards COMPLETELY suck for the hours of irritation involved in EW quests.

The hell was wrong with Do No Evil? I didn't think it was annoying in the slightest.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Oh, wait, no I'm not. EW quests suck. Where the [bleep] is the dungeoneering quest?

This. EW3 was one of the most excruciating quests in the game. The only ones that come close are See No Evil and One Small Favour. Not to mention that the rewards COMPLETELY suck for the hours of irritation involved in EW quests.

The hell was wrong with Do No Evil? I didn't think it was annoying in the slightest.

The entire quest. Running around dropping bananas for a monkey that randomly can't see them half the time, running across the entire map casting ice barrage on a [bleep]ing chocice, wandering around the desert waiting for your backpack to flip out so you can dig up crates...

The entire quest up to the bosses was just a series of irritating time wasters with no legitimate difficulty. Busywork.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I agree, I thought the creativity of it was well worth the time I put into completing the quest.

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

Looking forward to another EW quest cause mod rumour mills suggest the finale set produced by the quest/the final reward is gonna be pretty epic and the way the armours progressing does seem promising.

The quest format is getting a bit dull now, just another big ass puzzle for the sake of a puzzle.

The first one was atleast interesting and balanced lots of little puzzle elements into 1 big puzzle with some action.

Second one was ok, nice puzzle, but a bit more draggin items about and less action.

Third one was just a massive puzzle, no pretence of story or action just sit in a room and do a massive slidey puzzle.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Hello RuneScape member!

Wow, what a month it's been - the return of Free Trade and the Wilderness to its former glory, the new gnome quest 'Prisoner of Glouphrie' and more competitions than you can shake a Godsword at, but it is only the beginning.

March brings with it loads of special events starting with an exclusive Members-Only Bonus XP Weekend! Other membership benefits over the next two months include:

The biggest ever update for our hardcore clan community

A month long clan celebration and community events

Easter surprises

Plus a host of cool updates

Did you know that if you don't renew your membership you won't be able to get the most out of these planned updates, so what are you waiting for?

Mail I received.

Sounds like a scam mail.

1. I subsribe to the official Runescape newsletter, and didn't get that.

2. Easter isn't in March this year, it's in April. I don't think Jagex are dumb enough to release the easter event a month BEFORE Easter.

I agree, I thought the creativity of it was well worth the time I put into completing the quest.

I thought it was good as well. Can't remember people raging about it when it was just released.

-

Looking forward to another torture update by the creator of MEP2. Hate it and love it at the same time. :P

Looking forward to another torture update by the creator of MEP2. Hate it and love it at the same time. :P

Crap. Enough said, lol. I remember doing MEP2 release day....What a nightmare....

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

Why's everyone bashing a quest with a good puzzle? There are people who actually enjoys solving puzzles you know >.> EW3 had one of the funnest and creative puzzles in any of the quests that I have ever done. It's not like someone's pointing a gun at everyone's head forcing you to solve it. If you don't like puzzles then don't do the quest.

120dgl.jpg

The problem was the annoying freeze the monkey ice all the way to ape atoll thing.

>_< totally not fun.

Why's everyone bashing a quest with a good puzzle? There are people who actually enjoys solving puzzles you know >.> EW3 had one of the funnest and creative puzzles in any of the quests that I have ever done. It's not like someone's pointing a gun at everyone's head forcing you to solve it. If you don't like puzzles then don't do the quest.

The puzzle was a perfectly fine puzzle.

It was just disproportionately annoying and challenging for the reward: A useless body body.

To top it all off the story is more or less non existent.

There's a big difference between that puzzle and say, a number of other puzzles jagex has released.

The temple of light was a annoying puzzle.

But it was an annoying puzzle door you had to do while running for your life from man eating shadows, around a lost temple few men have the fortune of surviving setting foot in.

While guthix sleep puzzles were either lethal two pronged puzzles set up, and themed around the paranoid treasure hunter: Movario.

Or ancient puzzles set by druids long past, set to protect guthix's ultimate treasure.

Elemental workshop sucks because its a puzzle with 0 atmosphere.

If I want JUST a puzzle, I'll go buy a newspaper.

If I play a puzzle in a video game, I expect a puzzle with atmosphere.

Naaxi.png

I would laugh oh so very hard if EW4 WAS the dungeoneering quest.

^ Jagex would get another brick through their windows if they did that.

Ok -- this made me LOL.

I thought that the Chaos Elemental's hints related to "later" material -- not "coming soon" material ... :unsure:

nyuseg.png

I would laugh oh so very hard if EW4 WAS the dungeoneering quest.

^ Jagex would get another brick through their windows if they did that.

Ok -- this made me LOL.

I thought that the Chaos Elemental's hints related to "later" material -- not "coming soon" material ... :unsure:

Chaos Elemental usually hints to "later" material, but due to it's chaotic nature it does not always have to do this, since it is not bound by rules.

200th post :thumbup:

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

One Small Favour was an amazing quest.

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

More extravagantly aggrivating puzzles yay :D

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

wait! this is the big smithing update we have been waiting for! *plox* ....

ps. i dont like the ew storyline, would rather see more quests such as "wanted!" my favrit quest of all time

Probably not, although I think it's more likely there may be a large smithing-related reward at the end of the EW quest series.

In the meantime... *strokes smithing cape*

Tact.gif

Smithing update... hmm yeah, great...

As long as it gives a large amount of smithing exp I'am happy. I only need a small amount of exp for 99, so I'am itching for it.

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

Well, RotM is definitely not having a March release, according to Wiki.

Implying the wiki is a reliable forecast for updates.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

[hide]

Well, RotM is definitely not having a March release, according to Wiki.

Implying the wiki is a reliable forecast for updates.

Implying the wiki is reliable for anything, lol.

[/hide]

*Random wiki user edits post*

The wiki is extremely reliable for updates

:lol: sorry I just couldn't resist. I remember when someone edited an impling page and claimed they dropped dragon claws :blink:

Disclaimer: I go to wiki for help occasionally, and I'm certainly not trying to insult them. I just cannot trust pages as much as I would like to, as they can be edited by anyone - as you can imagine :)

To the topic - I think the Rotm quest will be March/April

2vuhgcn.png