Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

I'm so sick of the risk vs reward [cabbage], it's like a stuck record. Unless this thing drops something worth in the millions on a regular basis then the content is worthless.

If it does have a Slayer requirement to kill it's just going to turn into the fire cape/Ice Wyrm fiasco again. If it's not fair to ask a player to kill a 702 boss to kill a monster that's part of a skill how is it fair to ask a player to essentially fight a [wagon] clan trying to rush you like fat guys after chocolate? Oh wait, it isn't because it's essentially the same thing.

Disclaimer: I have a fire cape so don't bother bringing that up. Of course, this Is all hypothetical.

This. In almost every instance, the risk in the Wilderness vastly outweighs the reward. Griefers don't think logically, they have nothing to lose but time. You can arm yourselves and fight back against them all you want, but because they're one-iteming, they'll just come back for more within a minute or two of you killing them. Meanwhile, they pose a significant risk to YOU.

But of course, the whiny [bleep]ing PKers on these forums will do what they do best and make it seem like it's always "us skillers" whining about getting PKed, and most sheeple will probably agree with the PKers. Never mind that people who put in the time to raise what is the second most tedious skill in the game (behind only RC) want to be REWARDED for their hard work.

td2sig.jpg

I'm so sick of the risk vs reward [cabbage], it's like a stuck record. Unless this thing drops something worth in the millions on a regular basis then the content is worthless.

If it does have a Slayer requirement to kill it's just going to turn into the fire cape/Ice Wyrm fiasco again. If it's not fair to ask a player to kill a 702 boss to kill a monster that's part of a skill how is it fair to ask a player to essentially fight a [wagon] clan trying to rush you like fat guys after chocolate? Oh wait, it isn't because it's essentially the same thing.

Disclaimer: I have a fire cape so don't bother bringing that up. Of course, this Is all hypothetical.

This. In almost every instance, the risk in the Wilderness vastly outweighs the reward. Griefers don't think logically, they have nothing to lose but time. You can arm yourselves and fight back against them all you want, but because they're one-iteming, they'll just come back for more within a minute or two of you killing them. Meanwhile, they pose a significant risk to YOU.

But of course, the whiny [bleep]ing PKers on these forums will do what they do best and make it seem like it's always "us skillers" whining about getting PKed, and most sheeple will probably agree with the PKers. Never mind that people who put in the time to raise what is the second most tedious skill in the game (behind only RC) want to be REWARDED for their hard work.

The first part of your past I agree with.

The second part about pkers, well you're a hypocrite. I have never seen anyone on this forum complain as much as you do. I almost think its your job.

61,358th to 99 range on May 23rd, 2010.

100,927th to 99 def on February 13th, 2011.

pigeons.png

Relics.png

The first part of your past I agree with.

The second part about pkers, well you're a hypocrite. I have never seen anyone on this forum complain as much as you do. I almost think its your job.

I am extremely cynical, and I detest most decisions Jagex makes. And I'm vocal about it. So yeah, I complain a lot but it's because Jagex makes many more bad decisions than good ones.

td2sig.jpg

If and IF it is in the wildy (which we can accurately assume) then... Is this another attempt to try and revive some interest in it? I've been on runs recently through all my normal worlds I hop to - 99, 166, 23 and finally 60. The only one that was a problem was 60 because of pengs. But the other 3 had practically no-one in the wildy... Took me forever and an age to find people, so one must assume that the high risk worlds now act like old PVP worlds in a sense. Therefore has interest in the wildy waned so much that this is another attempt to flog a dying horse and get people somewhere they're losing interest in?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

I would lol if it had a 99 slayer requirement, then I would look at the rsof and die of laughter!!!

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

If its in wild its gotta have good drops, to counter the risk of pkers. I'm sure jagex thought of that long before.

The wilderness also features:

* The new, revenant-filled Forinthry Dungeon!

* Improved drops from the Chaos Elemental.

* Faster respawn time on the Wilderness runite rocks.

I don't think they know what's appropriate.

2dgucz6.png

Think about this. If the new monster takes a team it will be really hard to find a LS/CS team. As soon as somebody gets a good drop the whole team will rush the person who got the drop. So most teams will likely just FFA the monster, but that is annoying because you must risk higher priced gear to hit harder for the drop.

And don't even dare take claws or a chaotic because knowing Jagex the alch price of the new item will be much higher, thus making you lose your claws or rapier.

Stellactic.gif

Speaking of drops, the previous Strykwyrms all dropped items beneficial to Slayer. What's even left that this one can drop that isn't already covered? 20% melee? :rolleyes:

Personally hoping for just a black and red SOL renamed SOD (lol) but it could be a new ranged weapon, if we were honestly following a pattern.

2dgucz6.png

If and IF it is in the wildy (which we can accurately assume) then... Is this another attempt to try and revive some interest in it? I've been on runs recently through all my normal worlds I hop to - 99, 166, 23 and finally 60. The only one that was a problem was 60 because of pengs. But the other 3 had practically no-one in the wildy... Took me forever and an age to find people, so one must assume that the high risk worlds now act like old PVP worlds in a sense. Therefore has interest in the wildy waned so much that this is another attempt to flog a dying horse and get people somewhere they're losing interest in?

Try world 22/18/6/165/2

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

On the plus side, if it is in the wild, no overloads or extremes. So fair fight to whoever hasn't spent 100s of millions on herblore.

Just a quick question though. Will this actually be a slayer monster? I mean, judging from the pic its going to be a hard monster and might even take a team to beat. If jagex does make it a task only monster it will be virtually imposssible to find a team to do it depending on what slayer level it is. If they make it something like a general strykewyrm boss monster where you can kill it if you have any strykewyrm task, like how you can kill dks, black drag, or zgw boss monsters for tasks, then it might be easier to find a team.

Add in the fact that it might be in the wild and this is gonna turn into the whole fire cape vs ice stryke wyrm thing again.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Hmm...don't know if this could be a D&D cause which other combat one isn't instances?

At first in my D&D mindset I thought it could be named "laym" or "lag" but then I realised they where bad mixtures of lava, big and wrym :P

But yay for unannounced update to do with the Wildy..again this month...they're really milking the Wildy thing.arent they?

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

My money is on Dragon Warhammer.

Jagex stated all slayer monsters will be soloable and no single slayer monster would be found in the wild.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

After thinking about this for a little bit and taking into consideration that Jagex said 2011 would be the year of clan updates,I have an idea of what this is going to be.

Something like a "Lava Strykewyrm" that roams the wilderness. Every hour or so there would be markings on the ground or whatever and players have to do something with these markings, or the Lava Strykewyrm just randomly spawns somewhere in the Wilderness for an hour before burrowing down and going to a new location.

PKers or Clans would bump into it from time to time and have the chance of killing it for either some EXP item or some other thing.

I think it's going to be a D&D in the Wilderness aimed for pkers or clans, in other words.

It could be released next week, since the BTS is just what they plan or releasing that month. They could always be ahead of schedule (not that I think that's the case), but other then that, I'm not sure why its coming next week.

After thinking about this for a little bit and taking into consideration that Jagex said 2011 would be the year of clan updates,I have an idea of what this is going to be.

Something like a "Lava Strykewyrm" that roams the wilderness. Every hour or so there would be markings on the ground or whatever and players have to do something with these markings, or the Lava Strykewyrm just randomly spawns somewhere in the Wilderness for an hour before burrowing down and going to a new location.

PKers or Clans would bump into it from time to time and have the chance of killing it for either some EXP item or some other thing.

I think it's going to be a D&D in the Wilderness aimed for pkers or clans, in other words.

It could be released next week, since the BTS is just what they plan or releasing that month. They could always be ahead of schedule (not that I think that's the case), but other then that, I'm not sure why its coming next week.

If it has no Slayer req, your theory is fine.

However, if it does have one and it becomes a clan orientated update then it will just show how [developmentally delayed]ed Jagex are.

Sylpheed.png

Yeah, seems like instead of splitting the Urns, ashes and such up, they got it done quick and decided to do another thing early.

To me, it looks pretty boring, and if it is indeed in the Wilderness, I don't think I'll have much to do with it.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod