Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Equally, I think that the Grand Tree wasn't updated so it would be just as efficient for everyone. Efficiency "noobs" annoy everyone like that. Not trying to offend anyone here.

...wat

There's nothing efficient to do at the Grand Tree, in all honesty.

Yes, but I think Jagex were worried there was and that this would upset somebody. After all, efficient people are their main member playerbase.

r u golvellius

Equally, I think that the Grand Tree wasn't updated so it would be just as efficient for everyone. Efficiency "noobs" annoy everyone like that. Not trying to offend anyone here.

...wat

Agility

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

...wat

Agility

Turtoise killing as well.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

...wat

Agility

Turtoise killing as well.

Agility: doesn't involve the grand tree itself.

Tortoise killing: is for inefficient fools, drop rate for shells sucks on all but warped torts

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I like how in the first pic there is a set of armour standing, apprently about to smith something despite it clearly not containing a dwarf or having any logically way to be held up like tht (hovering lower arm/gloves). And before any noob tries the "magic" card don't forget dwarves = anti-magic

Dwarves don't mind magic and even like Superheat Item. It's actually the Barbarians who are anti-magic. They almost wiped out the Imcando Dwarves because they used Superheat Item.

priest_wiz.png

I like how in the first pic there is a set of armour standing, apprently about to smith something despite it clearly not containing a dwarf or having any logically way to be held up like tht (hovering lower arm/gloves). And before any noob tries the "magic" card don't forget dwarves = anti-magic

Dwarves don't mind magic and even like Superheat Item. It's actually the Barbarians who are anti-magic. They almost wiped out the Imcando Dwarves because they used Superheat Item.

the imcando dwarves use magic, the normal ones don't.

Hence the whole refusal to make dragon crossbows cause of magic logs etc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

In an ancient postbag, someone asked an ice mountain dwarf why the dwarven mine doesn't have a furnace, and how they do their smithing. The dwarf replied that all dwarves are taught the superheat item spell from a young age. Pretty sure dwarves also have nature runes in their drop tables.

Stop making stuff up.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

In an ancient postbag, someone asked an ice mountain dwarf why the dwarven mine doesn't have a furnace, and how they do their smithing. The dwarf replied that all dwarves are taught the superheat item spell from a young age. Pretty sure dwarves also have nature runes in their drop tables.

Stop making stuff up.

I'm not making stuff up.

Its clearly stated in many post bags, books, quests and other random dialogues around the game.

Most notable two:

1) Forgettable Tale of a Drunken Dwarf we are outright told dwarves are incapable of using magic other than superheat.

2) Hura the crossbow sales dwarf under ice mountain when asked about making magic log crossbows says:

screenshot20110306at015.png

screenshot20110306at020.png

Plv6Dz6.jpg

This might solve your dispute.

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/letters16

Dracomancer

Greeting o' wise and powerful Guthix,

I wouldst like to ask thee some questions concerning the dwarves, and their mine. 'Twas my understanding that dwarven smiths were the greatest in all runescape, and that their skill in metalworking was rivaled only by their fondness of being alone. These facts dist lead me to wonder, where is their furnace? Surely they do not journey all the way to Falador merely to smelt the ore that they so diligently mine, and trek back again to hammer it? If that is indeed the case then they canst turn themselves invisible for I have never seen one in the city. I understand that it would be too easy to train smithing if all citizens of runescape had access to dwarven furnaces, but could they not be persuaded to grant us use if we completed a quest for them?

A bewildered smith,

Dracomancer

Guthix

Dwarves learn the magick known as 'superheat item' at a young age, for it removes the uncertainty involved with smelting ores in the more conventional manner, and doth improve their productivity.

As such they hath no need for furnaces.

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/letters19

Kattana

hail gothix,

first i want to say that im not a follower of any of the gods reason is i dunno who to trust most :P and sayin that i have 2 questions which i would like a decent answer for, and any of the gods may answer this:

1. in the last letter[letter 16] u said that dwarves learn the superheat item* spell at early age, but it is widely known that dwarves dislike and dont even use magic at all...??!!??

2. it may not be neccessary cus we can buy runes at some magic shops and many monsters drop them, but would it sound weird for at least high Wizards to make their own runes or is it more weird that they actually cant...??!!??

thx in advance,

Kattana

Guthix

In answer to thy queries;

1) That which is widely known is not necessarily true, just as truth is not always widely known. The dwarves are a highly noble and intelligent race. They know of the benefits that magic doth bring to the metallurgical arts, and use such spells accordingly.

2) Thou mayest have noticed that there hath been a minor explosion in the quantity of runes available throughout the world recently. I hath been informed that a lost skill hath been resurrected, but I know not the reason why this secret hath now been shared, nor the purpose for which those behind this discovery plot towards.

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/the_races_of_runescape#Dwarves

Dwarves are, obviously, a short race with short tempers to match. They are also blessed with a remarkable ingenuity that surpasses other races. Their particular interest is in engineering, for it seems to them a thoroughly sensible way of doing things that weaker and more foolish races resort to magic for. This mistrust of magic is a long-held conviction for the dwarves, who, aside from the odd casting of Superheat Item, have not used magic in any significant way since the construction of Keldagrim all those many centuries ago.

10xy5fk.png

uhh herblore habitat is not empty, it's the best hunter experience in the game and source of the ever-sought juju farming potions

i think this update will either be amazing xp and be the pyramid plunder of smithing or will be terrible xp and be the charm sprite hunting of smithing

Yeah herblore habitat is by no means empty it offers the best hunter xp in-game and anyone with an ounce of common sense spends time there making farming juju before they do herb runs.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

199350_10150168056176729_59261801728_8089641_4902163_n.jpg

New cannon graphics?

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

I'm hoping that is an actual new cannon look, and not something special we get to work with but our personal cannon remains unchanged. I'd bet that that is what will actually happen.

BTS states that one of the rewards is to "bling" our own cannons.

inb4 unintentional cannon nerf due to Jagex not understanding how it works

I have a bad feeling that this will happen. :(

That cannon in the picture looks too big to be one which would normally be used though so I have no idea what it'd be used for.

imagangster.png

I'm hoping that is an actual new cannon look, and not something special we get to work with but our personal cannon remains unchanged. I'd bet that that is what will actually happen.

This is speculating off on a tangent but... "Bling" is a thing in Call of Duty that allows you to have 2 secondary attachments to your gun. So many depending on how we "bling" our cannons the cannon may do different things. I could see a scattershot, elemental damage, poisoning, stat draining, or pushback/stun feature being added to the cannon.

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

This is speculating off on a tangent but... "Bling" is a thing in Call of Duty that allows you to have 2 secondary attachments to your gun. So many depending on how we "bling" our cannons the cannon may do different things. I could see a scattershot, elemental damage, poisoning, stat draining, or pushback/stun feature being added to the cannon.

"Bling" refers to jewellery and show-offy accessories. Call of Duty usually isn't a reliable reference.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

"Bling" refers to jewellery and show-offy accessories. Call of Duty usually isn't a reliable reference.

Thus why I said I was speculating off on a tangent. But I hope that they do more than make the cannon look different.

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]