Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

hopefully wilderness and free trade return isn't the only epic update of February :blink:

I think it was Mark Gerhard who was screenshotted in either the forums or his clanchat saying that 2011 was going to be the year of clan support. Hopefully we'll get more than just clan support, or else I'm going to have to join a clan.

Actually I think it was the community and clan jmods (as well as the contetn mods hu do most of their projects) hu said 2011 was gonna be a big year for clan support.

Meaning alot of the stuff they been dev lboggin bout n chatting bout for like a yr or two prob be coming.

hopefully this comes soon ( was send to all that has the access in clan leaders area)

jagexofferingvoice.png

Nukearcher.gif

Ranged 101/99, Str 105/99, Att 105/99, Hp 106/99, Def 100/70, Magic 102/99

That second wild picture either must be old, or Jagex decided to go on a time machine to 2009 ish. The previous hitsplats? The old shield defend animation (look at the guy in rune)? The old dharok's greater axe wield stance? And who fights a guy in dharoks with a rat pole and full skeletal?

Heh, just picking apart the picture. :razz:

Anyways, not looking too forward to this update. :mellow:

Ignoring the 'idiot' attacking the person in dharoks for a minute.. Why woulld someone in full dragon, attack a dude in full rune ?? And those are old hitsplats :o if ther return i'll re-gasm ! :ohnoes:

agreed the new hitsplats are just eww

Meh gnome and elf quests are kinda tied, seems that we need to power another of those crystal singing bowls

235857824.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1296837819&Signature=bMO8CcDSgW%2BKdF%2BJ2xIgg%2FeG0fk%3D

17069010150147166151729.jpg

more colored light puzzles?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

MY NEMESIS!

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

I didnt know there was much of a need for teamspeak/ventrillo/skype on runescape :unsure:

it's not a matter of need so much as jagex trying to promote more communication.

it's useful for dungeoneering but that's about it.

My bet is jagex just wants more players to get more chummy.

Naaxi.png

Voice chat is great when playing rs, especially when d'ing.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

hopefully wilderness and free trade return isn't the only epic update of February :blink:

I think it was Mark Gerhard who was screenshotted in either the forums or his clanchat saying that 2011 was going to be the year of clan support. Hopefully we'll get more than just clan support, or else I'm going to have to join a clan.

Actually I think it was the community and clan jmods (as well as the contetn mods hu do most of their projects) hu said 2011 was gonna be a big year for clan support.

Meaning alot of the stuff they been dev lboggin bout n chatting bout for like a yr or two prob be coming.

hopefully this comes soon ( was send to all that has the access in clan leaders area)

jagexofferingvoice.png

I didnt know there was much of a need for teamspeak/ventrillo/skype on runescape :unsure:

Voice chat, even when not strictly necessary, improves any online game. It's pretty good for Dungeoneering, too. Sounds great! icon_e_biggrin.gif

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Voice chat, even when not strictly necessary, improves any online game. It's pretty good for Dungeoneering, too. Sounds great! icon_e_biggrin.gif

"Jagex bleep out your password when you say it! Listen: *makes a bleep sound*"

I would quickly switch to an RS version of voice chat simply for the ease of communication.

If they have an option to enable it in clan chats, it will increase the quality of dungeoneering teams, pking/warring clans, monsterhunting teams, minigame teams, etc...even if only a few people have mics.

Giving out the server+password individually to the potentially hundreds of people you interact with on the above tasks every day is a huge pain.

2496 Completionist

Good luck moderating people when they use their voice. No IRL filter last I checked

Also I find it a waste of dev time. Use Skype, TS, Vent, etc. Make updates, not things where there are other alternatives. I'll be damned if Jagex can improve on any current voice options, because you know there's no way in hell they're going to implement IRC bots, or allow file sending / link sending, etc.

Good luck moderating people when they use their voice. No IRL filter last I checked

Also I find it a waste of dev time. Use Skype, TS, Vent, etc. Make updates, not things where there are other alternatives. I'll be damned if Jagex can improve on any current voice options, because you know there's no way in hell they're going to implement IRC bots, or allow file sending / link sending, etc.

This. We all know how successful Jagex's "swiftkit" imitations have been.

td2sig.jpg

Anyone else peeved that Jagex doesn't use 4x AA for their promo shots?? :angry:

Despite me knowing it's for space saving on their massive website, i'm still annoyed that they won't save in .png, especially like you said with all setting maxed out.

But then again giving a minimum spec image and then those with lower quality computers won't feel as gimped when they load up the game.

EDIT:[hide]Teaser%20%284.2.2011%29.jpg[/hide]

ARRGH THE MASSIVE HEADS!

1yrb49.jpg

New gnomes officially creep the (cabbage) out of me.

Have you ever played Fable 3? Creepiest. Looking. Gnomes. EVER. OF ALL TIME!

But yea, those gnomes look crazy. Do they really think that looks good?

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!