Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Ah well, we'll find out next week. If he uses Ancients (which I assume he will), he'll likely be strong against Melee and somewhat weak to Ranged. I just don't want Melee to be the most effective combat style like usual... :twisted:

I hope that big things comes in small packages apply here too.

A small boss but very very dangerous in other words.

Please?

Kinda reminds me of Vercingetorix from ffxiii, small and looks weak at first, but then... damn!

Anyway, I really didn't expect it to look like that. Like many others, I thought it was gonna look like a big demon thingy.

I hope that big things comes in small packages apply here too.

A small boss but very very dangerous in other words.

Please?

Kinda reminds me of Vercingetorix from ffxiii, small and looks weak at first, but then... damn!

Anyway, I really didn't expect it to look like that. Like many others, I thought it was gonna look like a big demon thingy.

I was totally expecting a large two headed undead dragon!! Basing things on his size, I'm assuming he'll be just like Nomad, a pain the ass! But 20 times worse or something!

One thing that would be very nice is if the bow and quiver were separate drops. If the quiver gave the strong arrows independently of the bow, ranged weapons would be much more interesting.

Next kind of reminds me of mewtwo - a tall (I assume he's slouched in that pic) thin alien looking thing. It's not as epic as I hoped but still pretty cool

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

One thing that would be very nice is if the bow and quiver were separate drops. If the quiver gave the strong arrows independently of the bow, ranged weapons would be much more interesting.

Next kind of reminds me of mewtwo - a tall (I assume he's slouched in that pic) thin alien looking thing. It's not as epic as I hoped but still pretty cool

I said to TIF chat this morning it looked like a mutated pokemon. :P

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Anyone speaks latin ?

Life is short, and shortly it will end;

Death comes quickly and respects no one,

Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one.

(originally there is one more line)

To death we are hastening, let us refrain from sinning.

(Based on the pictures two posts above this one.)

It looks like the door in that picture is the door to the boss room. It also looks like there are two "activated" symbols, and two "unactivated" symbols on the door.

I'm going to GUESS that this new boss will have two rooms.

The first room you use to get your kill count. You will not get KC in the main GWD room. There will be 4 different NPCs in that room. You will have to kill X number of each NPC in order to open the boss door. Once you have killed X number of a particular NPC, the cooresponding symbol on the boss door will "activate".

The NPCs in that room will include mages, rangers, melee tanks, and a tri-brids. The combat triangle will be much more pronounced in this room. Players will be forced to carry specific equipment/weapons in order to get KC effectively. As someone pointed out, there will be no initial immunity from attack in this room. I would GUESS that the boss will drop equipment/weapons that will offer immunity.

Based on the "pits" in the boss room, I am going to GUESS that the boss will frequently freeze a player, teleport behind a "pit", and then continue to mage/range that player. I would expect that players will be frozen longer than the normal ancient spells freeze.

I am also going to GUESS that the boss will be able to use all three attack styles during one attack. Maybe his magic will create a glowing battle axe that he will throw. This would be a mage based, melee-range attack. Of course it will also turn off a player's prayer. BTW, prayer will drain at a faster rate in this boss room and there will be no altar.

Oh yeah, take a look at the claws on that boss. I expect one of the attacks will be the Dragon Claws special attack.

Lord_Porus.png

It looks like the door in that picture is the door to the boss room. It also looks like there are two "activated" symbols, and two "unactivated" symbols on the door.

The first room you use to get your kill count. You will not get KC in the main GWD room. There will be 4 different NPCs in that room. You will have to kill X number of each NPC in order to open the boss door. Once you have killed X number of a particular NPC, the cooresponding symbol on the boss door will "activate".

The NPCs in that room will include mages, rangers, melee tanks, and a tri-brids. The combat triangle will be much more pronounced in this room. Players will be forced to carry specific equipment/weapons in order to get KC effectively. As someone pointed out, there will be no initial immunity from attack in this room. I would GUESS that the boss will drop equipment/weapons that will offer immunity.

Based on the "pits" in the boss room, I am going to GUESS that the boss will frequently freeze a player, teleport behind a "pit", and then continue to mage/range that player. I would expect that players will be frozen longer than the normal ancient spells freeze.

I am also going to GUESS that the boss will be able to use all three attack styles during one attack. Maybe his magic will create a glowing battle axe that he will throw. This would be a mage based, melee-range attack. Of course it will also turn off a player's prayer. BTW, prayer will drain at a faster rate in this boss room.

Oh yeah, take a look at the claws on that boss. I expect one of the attacks will be the Dragon Claws special attack.

That's some heavy duty speculation, right there.

crossed_body.png

I am also going to GUESS that the boss will be able to use all three attack styles during one attack. Maybe his magic will create a glowing battle axe that he will throw. This would be a mage based, melee-range attack. Of course it will also turn off a player's prayer. BTW, prayer will drain at a faster rate in this boss room and there will be no altar.

Or he could teleport away and do a Nomad on you and clone himself ;) what if killcount isnt required but there's no gravestones? ;)

If there's no graves the ice on the way back will be annoying :P

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

maby he can push you down the holes?

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

I seriously doubt that, maybe something can crawl up out of them (very unlikely), but pushing players down wouldnt make sense it'd be instant death :P

I seriously doubt that, maybe something can crawl up out of them (very unlikely), but pushing players down wouldnt make sense it'd be instant death :P

THIS... IS... ZAROS!!! *kicks* :thumbsup:

It looks as though the boss has at least two different "attack forms," one where it is flying and one where it is on the ground. Therefore, I can assume that it will be invulnerable to melee for at least part of the fight.

td2sig.jpg

THIS... IS... ZAROS!!! *kicks* :thumbsup:

It looks as though the boss has at least two different "attack forms," one where it is flying and one where it is on the ground. Therefore, I can assume that it will be invulnerable to melee for at least part of the fight.

The pits in Dungeoneering always reminded me of King Leonidas tbh, but the rule with bosses is they drop what they attack with, It'll do all 3 I bet, *I think* I'll go with a tank setup of Veracs skirt, Karils top, Veracs helm, Chaotic shield + Chaotic Xbow/rapier... unless of course it is THAT weak to magic, then the setup needs completely reworking and it's going to be really hard to cope with until I get a piece of that mage armour which make it more doable :\

*chaotic staff may finally have a use*

From the looks of it, Nex seems to be running towards the player, and I'd assume at quite a fast rate, could this be the first boss that we have to entangle/Barrage? I [bleep]ing hope so.

From this picture, I'm assuming that Nex has an attack that knocks you back and stuns you.

week02_2011_4.jpg

Almonds.png

From the looks of it, Nex seems to be running towards the player, and I'd assume at quite a fast rate, could this be the first boss that we have to entangle/Barrage? I [bleep]ing hope so.

Barrage and Kiting? ;) I'll probably go hide at the other side of the map ;)

I don't see why everyone is taking getting a KC as a certainty.

This ISNT a new godwars faction or a godwars boss persay.

Ever since godwars came out the lore has hinted at this temple where they set up to hide and later fight over the godsword had some other purpose (the reason it was built)

Nex and his prison is older then the godwars, no gurantees its gonna conform to the rest of the gwd boss mechanics.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

first day he is out is all going to be about getting 1 good spec in i hope everyone realizes this (maybe not if he prays/flys)

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

first day he is out is all going to be about getting 1 good spec in i hope everyone realizes this (maybe not if he prays/flys)

Not really, if you corp enough you will have formed teams weeks ago ready for this boss ;) plus there are monster hunting clans out there that are ready for it

Not really, if you corp enough you will have formed teams weeks ago ready for this boss ;) plus there are monster hunting clans out there that are ready for it

All the more reason this is going to suck for the average high level scaper. All the elitist MHing clans like OTG will monopolize every single world so going with a team of friends is going to be nigh impossible for a long time. <_<

td2sig.jpg

not even corp can be 1 hit, ffa kills take 40 seconds, now i understand thats only 20ish people and there will be loads here but stilll, the fastest corp kills ever done were 1. the 100 dhally even where tehy swh specced first and killed in 4.8 seconds if u dont count the specs, and 2. the non swh record goes to when OTG (of the gods) and another enormous corp clan had a crash off about 90 vs 100, they were doing 7 second kills

so even at the pinnacle of pvm vs corp, it wasnt ever 1 hit, youll see the fastest nex kills at abuot 15 seconds i think, and there could be cutscenes/more forms

a_final_name.png