Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Am I the only one who noticed that they say skillcape though?  As in, the 99 capes?  Not just Max/Comp which sure, should be customizable as intended.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Am I the only one who noticed that they say skillcape though? As in, the 99 capes? Not just Max/Comp which sure, should be customizable as intended.

Where do they say "skillcape"?

In the giant interface title that says 'skillcape customiser'

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Am I the only one who noticed that they say skillcape though? As in, the 99 capes? Not just Max/Comp which sure, should be customizable as intended.

Where do they say "skillcape"?

3JbqG9B.png

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

If you check in game the current screen for chaning cape colors says the exact same thing.

On another note we are getting a magic/runecrafting outfit on TH. Considering its design is much like the magic golem outfit i would think it has similar properties. A 5% xp modifier for each set and a 6% xp modifier for the infinity set. On top of that the infinity set should have a perk like the magic gemstone golem set. Im guessing something like having a 10% chance to not depleat a rune essence creature.

Blood ethereal outfit:

Bz6lycqCUAAIIYd.png

Law ethereal outfit:

Bz6loWbIUAASWIv.png

Death ethereal outfit:

Bz6lpjuCIAEGW4R.png

Infinity ethereal outfit:

Bz6oqg2CEAAV877.png

• Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

will they give bonus rc xp even if you don't have master runecrafter robes?

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

will they give bonus rc xp even if you don't have master runecrafter robes?

Golem outfit requires the mining suit so I assume no. But if it does they'll sell more spins

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Player examine update information:

Mod Jack:

You may remember a while ago, I posted about a Player Examine feature.

We're well into implementing that, and we've incorporated your feedback from the last discussion.

We're still trying to implement the ability to set a free text examine for yourself. You wouldn't believe the number of technical, logistical and legal issues this creates.

As well as free text, and also as a backup in case free text doesn't work out, we're going to let you set a "status" as if on an IM client. You'll be able to set one of these at a time, and other players will see it when they examine you.

Here's what we came up with at Jagex Towers (arranged alphabetically rather than by importance):

Accepting donations

Away from keyboard

Bankstanding

Buying

Chat with me

Comping

Doing dailies

Do not disturb

Getting drops

Here to help

Just chilling

Looking for friends

Looking for group

Maxing

Recruiting for my clan

Roleplaying in character

Selling

Skilling

Questing

PKing

Please help me

Does anyone have any extra suggestions, or would you like to see an existing one changed or removed? Because of the way the interface works, there can't be more than 20 or so options, so I can't add something like one per skill.

... And a Dukes Dev Blog update:

The Dukes Team Blog

The Team – All hail the Dukes!

Within RuneScape we are split into smaller teams of content developers, graphics artists, designers and QA testers. You are probably already aware of one such group, the Ninja Team. Well this developer blog is about the Dukes! Our goal is to continue the fun by providing quality content updates such as minigames or quests.

Previous Projects

In the past year we’ve developed updates like Demons’ drop table rework, Bank Presets, The Mighty Fall and Pest Control improvements. Recently our team released the Barbarian Assault rework & Hard Mode!

Current and Upcoming Projects

Current Projects – All things Halloween; one event and one quest.

Upcoming Projects – Dominion Tower update and the Zamorak Heist quest.

Broken Home

This Halloween we’ll be introducing an all new quest called Broken Home. It’s a tale of tormented spirits and dark secrets, taking place in an old mansion atop a hill in Silvarea.

A concept for the haunted mansion.

99Wqveh.jpg

What you should expect from the quest:

• RuneScape’s first attempt at survival horror.

• Members-only.

• Novice - no requirements.

• High level rewards.

• Permanent - will remain in the game forever.

• Saving and loading system.

• Individually instanced rooms.

What does this mean?

We’ve really made an effort to make this quest a fully immersive experience. You’ll want to play this one with your headphones on and your lights off. Also, it’s going to be a permanent addition to the game so you can expect some tie-ins to existing lore.

Various aspects of the quest have made it a technical challenge, introducing mechanics that will change the way you play the game. We have features such as a bespoke map and peeking through keyholes (make sure you use these to your advantage), and there’s even a saving and loading system reminiscent of other games in the survival horror genre.

Even with all this, there’s still one surprise I’d like to talk to you guys about in this devblog…

Replayability

This quest is RuneScape’s first to feature full replayability. You’ll be able to repeat the quest and even take on a series of challenges for extra rewards (we’re hoping the more hardcore among you will really enjoy these).

It’s important to note that this was a big technical undertaking. As you would expect, this increased the development time. It has been a great experiment which we hope you guys will enjoy, but we’d have to seriously consider its worth before attempting it again with future quests. It’s also worth noting that this does not mean we can retroactively make quests replayable, as this would require another system entirely.

With that said, I can’t wait to see you guys learning the ins and outs of the mansion, struggling to survive the challenges and earn those badass rewards! Look out for Broken Home to go live around Halloween time.

A concept for one of the ghosts.

MkCD391.jpg

Halloween Event

Don’t worry about missing out on your tradition Halloween experience either, the Dukes have got you covered! As we explained in our last devblog there’s also a spooky event, where you’ll be driving a horde of ghosts out of Death’s mansion for a host of juicy rewards.

While the quest will provide you with an intense and immersive experience, the event is your dose of more relaxed gameplay. It’s only in game temporarily so keep your eyes peeled for this one going out just before Broken Home.

Dominion Tower Update

We also have an update to the Dominion Tower in the works. This will include more recent quest bosses being added, a review of the rewards on offer and also a new 5-man mode: rumble. We’ll give you more information on this project as development progresses.

Zamorak Heist

Work is soon to begin on the player voted Zamorak Heist quest, which will be the 199th to enter RuneScape. I’ll be starting the design in the near future so make sure to leave us your thoughts or tweet me @JagexOllie.

Wilderness Improvements

You may have noticed the Wilderness Improvements project has been put on hold. Don’t worry, we haven’t forgotten about it! We’ve been reading all the feedback from you guys and decided we want to give it more time and effort to do it justice. More on this one in the future.

Until Next Time…

Please let us know what you think of these projects and any ideas/questions you have about future ones. The feedback you give us is invaluable.

Thanks,

Mod Ollie and The Dukes

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Hmm..player examine, legal reasons O.O.  I can guess 'Accepting donations' will be a popular hit..

Meanwhile Jagex getting my hopes up again.  Really awesome Halloween event?  No, members only and give F2P a piece of candy <.<.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Ethereal outfits information:

There are three different rune ethereal outfits to collect - the law ethereal, the death ethereal, and the blood ethereal. Each comprises five tradeable pieces, and grants you the following runecrafting-related benefits:

A chance to double your runes when siphoning in the Runespan - 1% per outfit piece, so up to 5% with all five outfit pieces.

25% chance for your rune pouch to not degrade while runecrafting in a full outfit.

Store up to 6 piece of rune essence in a full outfit

All the benefits of the master runecrafter robes and wicked robes, if you already own them.

Combine the same pieces from all three outfits to create the infinity ethereal outfit, which gives you all of the above, plus:

The chance to double your runes in the Runespan is increased to a maximum of 7% with the full outfit.

The chance for your rune pouch to not degrade is increased to 50% with the full outfit.

The maximum amount of rune essence that can be stored in the full outfit increases to 12.

Five daily teleports to the yellow wizard within the Runespan (and back!)

For the first three days of the promotion you will be able to win elements from a different outfit each day. Return to Treasure Hunter on the 4th and 5th days to win any of the three outfits and complete your sets:

01:00 16th Oct - 00:59 17th Oct: law ethereal

01:00 17th Oct - 00:59 18th Oct: blood ethereal

01:00 18th Oct - 00:59 19th Oct: death ethereal

01:00 19th Oct - 00:59 21st Oct: all three outfits

All times and dates listed above are British Summer Time (BST).

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Well there goes the need for a high level runespan portal. I saw it coming though...

That leaves the active crystal tree as the most useful in my opinion. The lum/inc wisp colonies are next and then maybe the fairy ring.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Well there goes the need for a high level runespan portal. I saw it coming though...

That leaves the active crystal tree as the most useful in my opinion. The lum/inc wisp colonies are next and then maybe the fairy ring.

Wat?

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

oh look, they forgot the mory legs blood altar effect, did i call that or what

Lol its the magic gemstone golem set all over again XD! This time instead of varrock plate and gemstone golem top its the morytania legs and ethereal legs.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png