Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

you'll recharge the armor with the same system the weapons use. I dunno how proportionate it'll be. probably same amount of energy required to build tectonic to repair it from 0%

Popoto.~<3

- Update only focuses on billionares.

Given that the barrows and shadow dyes can be obtained from hard clues, I highly doubt it :P

Depends what the drop rate is. Could be as pricey as the Hard Set 3rd Age, probably more so since it's consumable (so the supply will always remain low), and it will have very high demand, since who doesn't like fashionscaping?

It could be as 'cheap' as 500M per dye (which is a very optimistic outlook), in which case to colour one set of DW and armour would cost several billion. I have got that sort of cash, but I sure as hell won't be spending it on a non-tradeable party hat. Same goes for dozens of people I know. Hell, the only people who would bother with something like that are mega-billionaires (10B banks) or people who are already done with various 200M buyables, ie a very small minority of players. Hopefully Jagex doesn't mess this up.

So basically all t90 armours wont be degrade to dust?

If they are dyed. They will still degrade to 0 where they will have no stats until you repair.

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

So basically all t90 armours wont be degrade to dust?

If they are dyed. They will still degrade to 0 where they will have no stats until you repair.
That in of itself is bloody stupid.

T90 should be changed to how the dyed stuff will be... AKA how gano is!

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Am I missing something or is repairing t90 armor going to cost as much as simply buying a new set?

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Am I missing something or is repairing t90 armor going to cost as much as simply buying a new set?

That's it

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Really, if you think about it, the degrading to dust mechanic versus being only repairable for a proportionate amount of the goods used to make the armor, it makes no difference at all for an untradeable item. I absolutely hate how so much focus is being put into cosmetic overrides instead of, say, making actual updates. Why not give us something, anything, say... USEFUL from treasure trails? Because after ranger boots and robin are no longer BIS, there is nothing. No cosmetic item will ever get me to do clues again.

• Like 1

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

It would be a lot better if the overrides had anything to do with the gear at all.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Part of me wants to see what drygore maces and nox staff will look like dyed. I would think they would look amazing from the drygore long pics shown.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Really, if you think about it, the degrading to dust mechanic versus being only repairable for a proportionate amount of the goods used to make the armor, it makes no difference at all for an untradeable item. I absolutely hate how so much focus is being put into cosmetic overrides instead of, say, making actual updates. Why not give us something, anything, say... USEFUL from treasure trails? Because after ranger boots and robin are no longer BIS, there is nothing. No cosmetic item will ever get me to do clues again.

Rangers/Robin were BIS but only marginally better than alternatives. Aside from that, TT rewards have always been primarily cosmetic. Most people were looking forward to this clue rework because on the poll that passed earlier for clue reworks, things such as effigies from clues, just an overall improvement for general clue loot so it isn't utterly crap, was what was supposed to happen. They seem to have forgotten about that.

I wouldn't say they've always been cosmetic. Atleast as far as the first 2 releases are concerned anyway. Robin/ranger boots/mage boots/3rd age coif/3rd age amulet/3rd age shield and 3rd age mage hat were all BIS when released. 3rd age armor is still the highest level nondegradeable tank armor as far as i know. I might be really biased because i've never cared for fashionscaping for the least, but the last release of TT rewards as well as this one seem to be going the wrong direction.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Damn, I really want those dyes for Ports armor. Third-Age dyes pretty much just make it black and white... and that would look so much better than the existing color schemes anyway lol.

Really want white Lotus.

When is the initial dye update supposedly out?

2dgucz6.png

Damn, I really want those dyes for Ports armor. Third-Age dyes pretty much just make it black and white... and that would look so much better than the existing color schemes anyway lol.

Really want white Lotus.

When is the initial dye update supposedly out?

They mentioned November. It didn't sound like a for sure thing however.

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

More cosmetic dyes... eh

owell guess it doesn't hurt having more tt rewards.

kinda lame tho, anything about the fury?

bVnRI.png

TT update will bring dyes to recolour high-end gear.

Three dyes: Barrows, Shadow (hard clues), and 3rd age (elites).

Pictured are shadow drygore longs + tectonic

ok nvm this is sexy

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Hold the phone. Cosmetic things that aren't from Solomon's?

I think adding overrides and the like to TT would make a lot of sense. I like.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

I hope level 80 weapons are also dye-able. I'd love to keepsake a full set of white+black Pernix with Zaryte Bow, perhaps over a real set of Shadow Sirenic with Nox ;)

They plan to gradually include T85 and T80 weapons including ports gear, chaotics and Nex gear.

Popoto.~<3

There are so many items that would just look better in white+black  |^_^|

Well too bad they just said no on color blind mode XD.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Didn't know what other topic to put it under, but MMG is now done with his work at Jagex. He's on Garden Leave for the rest of the year.

https://twitter.com/Mark__Gerhard/status/518335929929723904

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19