Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

I told them to remove the back tassels, they're annoying anyway

Well you can have a little tiny snake demon that bites your nose.

Sounds like an awesome pet.

They're, um, highly venomous. Look, cut me some slack, I need to save my summoning points for the Jmods.

I told them to remove the back tassels, they're annoying anyway

Well you can have a little tiny snake demon that bites your nose.

Sounds like an awesome pet.

They're, um, highly venomous. Look, cut me some slack, I need to save my summoning points for the Jmods.

Should have used a potion.

and colorado, any way. I am mildly interested in what they can do the new ports gear they are pre hyping, i am also intresteder in going in a different direction rather than further distance. i just hope that i can tell my crew to go along the hypotenuse of the triangle rather than all the way to shield then what ever way.

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

They have waited this long to do the skillcape rework. They should either wait and take the time to do it properly and make it awesome (which would mean adopting Vanhellsing2's [i think that's his name] design), or they should just scrap the project and all these crappy designs.

They have waited this long to do the skillcape rework. They should either wait and take the time to do it properly and make it awesome (which would mean adopting Vanhellsing2's [i think that's his name] design), or they should just scrap the project and all these crappy designs.

Sadly they have clearly opted for a uniform set as well as making a loud statment against the highly desired set mentioned. Whats ironic and amusing is we will most likely see this update just before the Runelabs system is brought into effect. Then Runelabs will see a surge of support for a reworked set of reworked skillcapes. Jagex will presumably use the artsy reditions as cosmetic overrides much like the enhanced fire cape. Im betting youll have to do some lengthy feat much like you had to turn in those three tokhaar kal.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

*looks at solomon's store*

*side eye*

Tell if wouldnt be an obvious place to offer enhanced skill capes for players who REALLY love farming, firemaking, or *gasp* slayer!

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

another little something before the divination DnD goes live sometime this month:

- Update 10/10/14

Hi all!

One last dev blog for the Divination DnD! It’s been a quick project, but hopefully we've kept you reasonably well informed!

The DnD is now complete and about to go through final testing. We've been keeping an eye on this thread as well as conducting group playthroughs within the Runescape team and we've made a few changes based on everyone's feedback.

The most obvious change is to do with how points are distributed. Originally we were worried about the potential leeching issue, but we thought our planned mechanics would keep it under control. However, from your feedback it was made it clear to us that you guys will always find a way (shakefist!). From our playthroughs the points distribution was also an issue with a large amount of players as the points would go up really quickly. So, we decided to make the points personal - you deposit a memory, you and only you get the points. This means you can’t leech, full stop.

Similarly, we found that playing as Cres (or for you lore-fiends, playing as a memory of Cres) was actually pretty boring as you didn't feel like you were actively gaining points. So, we decided to give players points for subduing automatons - making it more rewarding. It's much easier to subdue automatons than ferry memories, so we also put a cooldown on Cres. You can only play as him for one minute, after which you have to wait one minute to play as him again. We're hoping this will encourage players to do both roles at different times, and in our playthroughs since then it has felt a lot more fun.

Sadly, we had to go back on our aim not to force players to hold any items. We hit a technical block and unfortunately couldn't find any alternatives, so we are now requiring players to have their hands free (i.e. not hold any weapons/shields/etc) when they carry memories.

We've also added some boosts when you convert a certain number of memories, or subdue a certain number of automatons. These should make the gameplay more fun, as well as helping your points total ;).

I think that pretty much covers the major developments, however I’m sure you want more information! We mentioned rewards last time, so here’s what we decided on based on your suggestions and balancing discussions:

- As mentioned previously, on completing the DnD you'll receive a chunk of Divination XP. This will be based on how many points you gained in the DnD.

- After the DnD, you'll also receive the following boosts for a certain amount of time (based on how many points you got, up to a maximum of 20 minutes):

When you use a sign of the porter, you'll have a 10% chance not to use a charge when teleporting an item

When you use a divine location, you'll have a 10% chance to get double loot, without that extra loot using up your gathering limit

When you use a crater, you'll have a 10% chance to convert all the memories in your inventory in one go!

And now the graphics are in, it'd just be wrong not to include some shiny screenshots! Modelling courtesy of Mod AoB, and animations courtesy of Mod StuO! Click on the images to see bigger versions :).

vROi4K2.jpg

LYyELee.jpg

GMDqGIN.jpg

We're almost done! One last thing - in the feedback a few people have mentioned the area potentially being very busy. This is something we are aware of. As with most updates, the DnD will no doubt be very busy on launch day. However, the gameplay is designed so the number of players should not matter, and hopefully when it settles down it should be about right. Nonetheless, this is something we are aware of and if it does become a problem we will look into solutions such as instancing it so a certain number of players are allowed to join before new instances are made for the rest.

That's all for now! As always, when the DnD goes out we'll be watching player feedback for post-release tweaks. Other than that, keep an eye out for the next project dev blog, and keep those ninja requests coming!

-

The information above is subject to change during development.

Mods Ana, Asherz, Ryan, Stu O and Aob

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

how would the crater boost work? in theory, one could just spam click the crater until it procs

also, stop finding all the exploits before release guys, you're taking the fun out of jagex overlooking things

the only way we get things that are actually enjoyable is when jagex doesn't know that we're getting a fair amount of rewards

8f14270694.jpg

I agree that the player made ones are nice but I do think it's unrealistic to implement them in game

They have got a huge graphics team. Surely they can design 26 unique items? Especially when the artwork is already out, all that needs doing is translating that model in-game? I am not saying it wouldn't take time and effort, but it seems to me doable. They never seem to have problems pumping out extravagant Solomon's stuff out on time.. We're talking about items that are historically pretty significant and very prestigious items still (skillcapes), if they don't have the willpower or the ability to do it justice they should just not bother, and not insult everyone's intelligence with these shitty designs. Even the OSRS people said they eventually plan on having Max Capes (once there is enough people that are maxed) and making it something truly awesome.

I don't think there's a particular need to have each skillcape look unique, given that they have historically been recoloured templates of each other, as well as the precedent it would set by having to have each new skillcape be unique. On top of that, it would practically require a revision of all the current master skillcapes, given that they're supposed to be a step up of their level 99 counterparts.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

That's a good point (skillcapes historically did have a uniform look to them). I guess we are all just smitten by Vanhellsing2's design and smoking pipe dreams. Still though, the 5 proposed designs are soo horrible. Those tassles/suspenders-like-thingy are hideous. They may as well just update the icons a bit (so they don't look totally outdated) and make the colours a bit  more polished and keep the design the same.

• Like 1

A bit of deja vu but I think updated icons, added texture to the entire cape (so they don't feel so flat), and fixing clipping issues with most items/breasts would be enough.

I would absolutely love for those designs to be implemented somehow but I think it's too outlandish both from a development and historical viewpoint.

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

The ninja team has created a dedicated thread to posting teaser images for their upcoming updates they are working on. This next one I think a lot of people are going to go crazy over.

- 14/10/2014 -

Teaser picture of the day!

Here's one of our upcoming Ninja fixes...

Max_and_Completionist_cape_presets-14101

Max and Completionist cape presets!

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Dont hate on the update. You know ghis isnt about "flashy-ness". Considering these capes are supposed to be customisable they should have had this content.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png