Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

I really despise the idea behind "church of you." I think that they should give you notariety in various perks as you complete quests. They should also use the champions, heros and legends guild as hubs for these perks.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

In the RuneFest streams they mentioned this year, and I know Deg and Raven are actually developing it atm (well, Raven has this week off, but they are developing it now.) Can't guarantee it will be this year, delays suck but they happen. However it is planned for this year.

Sucks that Rite of Passage hasn't been made yet. It, like many updates, got screwed over when they decided on PttP polls. But I'm hoping with that now in place, and RuneFest seeming a lot more realistic, instead of saying everything under the sun they'd love to do, that less updates get canned or sidelined.

Agreed. Jagex have been releasing way fewer quests than they used to the last 2 years, which simply sucks. I believe that one of the strongest points of this game is its deep and amazing storyline. With fewer quests released this storyline progresses slower. And this causes RuneScape to miss out on the chance of expanding this strong point further. This is especially sad when you remember that we have just progressed into a new Age where there's so much interesting new storyline content to explore. I mean, just exploring the returned Gods' plans for what they wish to do now once they are back could probably take up like at least 10+ quests. And they don't all have to resolve around lore exploring of course. They could include combat, new skill unlocks (coupled with divination etc) and other perks that could be attractive to skillers, killer and everything between.

Certainly there needs to be a balance between updates. But I think most RS players agrees on that this low pace of the release of quests needs to be upped. Unless we get a quests' explosion in November and December we will have had another year of 6 (maybe 7) quests. To compare; We got 9 quests during 2012 and 2011.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I think they could have tried a lot harder to meet there goal of 8 quests at the start of the year.  Its quite strange that they openly said, we have taken on board feedback that there wasn't enough quests, so will be doing more, and then did nothing to even try achieve it. Seems poor leadership to me. Perhaps the elf city has just taken far more time and resources than they thought.   But given that 2 of the 5 quests we've had so far this year used recycled graphics, and shadow over ashdale was pretty menial, the amount of genuine time invested in quests is arguably even less this year.

There was such momentum with the dawn of the sixth age last year, now it seems if we have 2 more pieces of content related to the sixth age in the next 12 months we'll be lucky. I know the world events were controversial in that they required quite a bit of time just for a temporary event, but there seems to be very little intention to do one of  a similar scale to the last ones again any time soon.

• Like 1

I think they could have tried a lot harder to meet there goal of 8 quests at the start of the year.  Its quite strange that they openly said, we have taken on board feedback that there wasn't enough quests, so will be doing more, and then did nothing to even try achieve it. Seems poor leadership to me. Perhaps the elf city has just taken far more time and resources than they thought.   But given that 2 of the 5 quests we've had so far this year used recycled graphics, and shadow over ashdale was pretty menial, the amount of genuine time invested in quests is arguably even less this year.

There was such momentum with the dawn of the sixth age last year, now it seems if we have 2 more pieces of content related to the sixth age in the next 12 months we'll be lucky. I know the world events were controversial in that they required quite a bit of time just for a temporary event, but there seems to be very little intention to do one of  a similar scale to the last ones again any time soon.

Agreed. I really wonder what happened that changed their, as it appeared anyway, big focus on developing quests? Jagex actually got some great storywriters (handling 13 years of lore really can't be easy at all times). It is a pity we most probably will continue down the wrong road for the rest of this year at least.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Its a double edged sword , whilst the full budget quests they have released in the past year have been some of the best they've ever released...Missing Presumed Death, Fate of the Gods, Death of Chivalry. The cut scenes and immersion in those quests have been previously unheard of in quests of old. It comes at the price of requiring months worth of graphics and artist budget which they seemingly don't have, which is a great shame.

My personal cynical frustration is that they seem to be continually hiring more and more 'community managers' and video makers etc to talk about the development of the game, when I'd far rather they just spent the money on people with art and programming skills to actually make the game and let it do the talking itself!

Well, several of the people on the new community team are currently Devs, like Mod Maz. A community person is probably also a lot cheaper, with many seemingly being relatively young fans that will jump at the chance to be a J Mod (Lee,Infinity,Balance,etc) plus a few like Kalaya that were just transferred over from customer support. So at best they might get 1 or 2 new devs in exchange for losing a bunch of community J mods. I think another issue is that Elf City probably took a lot more time from their graphics team than inventor would have. Which probably drained some quest resurces.

You can see from Mod Michelle's twitter that they have a few devs in the Community Team now. Although since Raven is also working on Elder God Quest I assume the Devs are shared and probably just work on a few small community themed updates. https://twitter.com/JagexMichelle

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Boss slayer dev blog update:

- Update 23/10/2014

After reading through the pages of feedback and talking to players in-game and on social media we are currently thinking of implementing the following:

You have a chance of obtaining the pet as a rare drop from the relevant boss.

It looks like a large amount of people like RNG and they would like to see the pets introduced at a rare rate. This will allow the pets to stay prestigious and rare as they will not easily be obtained.

You can obtain the pet after reaching a specific amount of kills on the relevant boss assuming you have not already obtained it.

On the flip side of this there are a large amount of players who dislike RNG as they feel it's unfair that they may have killed a boss numerous times already and not received a rare drop; Vitalis from Vorago is a good example. This will allow players who have dedicated a lot of time to killing the boss to still be rewarded at the end of it. Something to bare in mind is that even though this will be a 100% guaranteed drop, the target kills required will be extremely high.

You can purchase any of the pets from Deaths store for a large amount of reaper points.

There are some bosses in RuneScape that require a group to kill and there are a large amount of players who dislike group bossing. Adding the ability to purchase these will allow these players to still obtain the pets from the bosses that require a group. These will of course be very expensive as the aim would be that players do not use the store to purchase pets unless they really need to. As a rough guideline, we're talking at least 2x or maybe even 3x the price of a Hydrix.

----

We've also had to make some tough decisions on which bosses we can or cannot do. Below is a list of bosses that we would like create pets for but this is of course still a work in progress so these lists can change so please let us know what you think!

We would like to introduce the following as pets:

Kree'arra

Commander Zilyana

General Graardor

K'ril Tsutsaroth

Nex

Kalphite Queen (Both forms)

Kalphite King

Araxxor

Araxxi

Corporeal beast

Giant Mole

Har-aken

King Black Dragon

Legiones

Chaos Elemental

Currently we have chosen not to include the following:

Queen Black Dragon - Not easily possible to create a pet version

Dagannoth Kings - These have very outdated models

Barrows Brothers - You can obtain barrows bobbleheads from 'The Rise of the Six'

Vorago - It already has a rare drop (Vitalis) and the Vorago Shard can be purchased from the Solomons store.

----

Finally, there were a few questions in the feedback we wanted to answer:

"Can the pets be actual items rather than being in the Pet Interface?"

Nope, sorry! All new pets that we create will always be placed in the interface as this is the central point for pets now. Eventually it would be nice to convert all object pets into the interface but this isn't something we're looking into at the moment.

"Can we can put them in the house menagerie?"

Yep! You will be able to store all pets inside of the menagerie.

"Will they be completionist requirements?"

Nope! We have no intention of making these pets a requirement for the Completionist capes.

-

The information above is subject to change during development.

Mods Ana, Ryan, Hunter, Pi, Stu O and AoB

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Seems fair to me, and was the system I had hoped for. However I did like the idea made on reddit of needing to sacrifice items for some of them-like full bandos or armadyl armour for the GWD pets. It is a good opportunity for an item sink that isn't too prohibitively costly, but good help add at least a little value to drops again.

I also think that 2-3 x the price of hydrix isn't really that high, 5 times hydrix would still be okay by me to keep them prestigious.

These pets don't make sense. Not in the lore at least. Seems a stupid addition just because they can.

• Like 1

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

These pets don't make sense. Not in the lore at least. Seems a stupid addition just because they can.

A lot of the pets aren't lore-worthy. Pandas, Barrows Bobbleheads, inari. Pets generally aren't within the things they require to remain within the lore. People wanted these types of pets since old school got them and people liked them, so we're getting them. I love the lore, but not all cosmetics need to fit.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

A lot of the pets aren't lore-worthy. Pandas, Barrows Bobbleheads, inari. Pets generally aren't within the things they require to remain within the lore. People wanted these types of pets since old school got them and people liked them, so we're getting them. I love the lore, but not all cosmetics need to fit.

Things like the Panda and Inari don't need to fit in with existing lore though - the very fact they do not exists means simply creating them makes a new lore of this animal existing.

Where as mini-bosses suffer from the issue of the main creature existing and needing lore as to why the mini ones exist.

Bobbleheads just about pass the lore check because malevonent energy is something 'harvested' from the actual wights so magical it just about makes sense.

Even Vorago ones and Cresbot have some form of explaination

But then things like lucien bobblehead and mini blink and these guys are just like eh? How? why? 'Because magic' becomes a bit of a stretch.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Its always nice to put a slight spin on these pieces with lore though. They could have have it so a certain drop gets turned in at someone like nomad or death for a replica of the bosses soul. For example buying from death or finding shards of certain bosses souls or their essence to turn in for a minor clone or replica using the bosses essence or soul shard.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Yess after seeing OS's Chaos Elemental I'd wanted one for RS3 :D

Good thing I won't have to actually kill CE itself for this though :P

EDIT

Sy above just reminded me;

Anyone else flip shit when they saw Nomad classified as a Zamorakian follower? (In the poll)

Not what I was expecting, or I didn't know it had ever even been hinted at before!

2dgucz6.png

besides impling codex is there any more confirmed new comp reqs for batch 2 elf city? or is it just speculation- what speculation is there?

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

EDIT

Anyone else flip shit when they saw Nomad classified as a Zamorakian follower? (In the poll)

Not what I was expecting, or I didn't know it had ever even been hinted at before!

The basic belief was that Nomad's master was Lucien and Nomad was gaining power to stop him. This was confirmed in a Q&A but never in-game. This storyline was made kinda useless once Lucien got killed. So now what they're going with is that Nomad was trying to stop Lucien from gaining power because Nomad is a loyal Zamorakian. It fits, but mainly because there really was next to nothing learned about Nomad in Nomad's Requiem.

besides impling codex is there any more confirmed new comp reqs for batch 2 elf city? or is it just speculation- what speculation is there?

~~~legoman187~~~

Not entirely confirmed but it's safe to assume:

4 more clan titles to earn

up to 4 more generic tasks within clans to complete

Since Iorwerth, Trahearn, Cadarn and Crwys titles are all reqs, as are platinum rush of blood, helping lady trahearn and completing the spirit tree network in crwys.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

in the runefest panel discussion about the elf city didn't they indicate it would be 5-6 new comp reqs. i took that as the 4 for the clan titles (which we can only speculate about), the implying codex and maybe one more

I am going to assume nothing is known about the others, that is interesting, jagex playing something that close to the chest. I guess it will be a surprise.

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

EDIT

The basic belief was that Nomad's master was Lucien and Nomad was gaining power to stop him. This was confirmed in a Q&A but never in-game. This storyline was made kinda useless once Lucien got killed. So now what they're going with is that Nomad was trying to stop Lucien from gaining power because Nomad is a loyal Zamorakian. It fits, but mainly because there really was next to nothing learned about Nomad in Nomad's Requiem.

Good enough for me!

Zamorak needs more unique, powerful allies - and the Mahjarrat don't count, because they proved themselves mutinous dicks at S's Ascension.

2dgucz6.png

Speaking of god. I hope there never comes a world event between Zamorack and Zaros (which would make sense to have), because Zaros would lose in no time because lots of people know about Zamorack, but not about Zaros. Also what I don't seem to get from the Lore in Runescape was that all kind of gods where combining their strengths against Zaros, but Zaros doesn't seem to be evil, he just had a lot of power back in the day (not sure about now). He just had evil followers of which most of them are now Zamorack followers (demons for example)

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Seen how many Zarosians there are now since the quests related to him have came out?

It's cray.

Besides, I don't believe they'd put Zaros against any of the other Gods. He's above the petty squabble of the lower tiers :P

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

What if he decides he needs the stone?

Also its been made clear, that the reason Zaros was overthrown is because Zamorak developed a God Complex (likely seeded by Sliske), and started to preach of Change and Freeing the Oppressed Demons from the 'Man', and Zaros had confirmed that it was a showdown between the two of them. Not a raid of his throne room, and that he didn't trip into the staff of armadyl..

It is quite likely that the Mahjaarat that are Zamorakian don't worship him. He was one of their peers. Instead, they quite literally follow him, as they do any other leader who has power.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum