Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

- Update 03/11/2014

Please excuse the formatting this week - for some reason bullet points aren't appearing across the forums, so I've done my best ;).

This week we've been refining the design of the boss pets project, based on both your feedback and internal feedback from other j-mods!

Here are some of the key changes since our last dev blog:

- We will be including pet versions of dagannoth kings and QBD after all! Both of these seem overwhelmingly popular so we couldn't ignore you! The dagannoths will not be getting a graphical rework at this point, so they will be using their slightly retro graphics. As for the QBD, the reason we weren't originally doing this was because the model is so huge it will look really weird scaled down (more so than any of the other bosses). However, we'll do our best with it!

- We have chosen to change the design so rather than getting the pets as guaranteed drops after reaching a certain amount of kills on the relevant boss, you will now just have a higher chance of getting the pet than before. So once you hit a certain number of kills, you'll be much more likely to get the pet - but it won't be guaranteed. A few of you raised a very good point about multiple players getting together to kill bosses very quickly to get a lot of kills and guarantee the pet drops, and this is something we want to avoid. However, we don't mind large groups getting together to give people a better chance of getting the pets :).

- Players must have killed the boss at least once to be eligible to receive it as a random pet from reaper points.

- The Araxxor pet will only drop if the player has all the Araxyte pet achievements, to keep it suitably prestigious. Following on from this, the Araxxi pet will only drop if the player has the Araxxor pet. When purchasing a random pet with reaper points these restrictions will still apply.

A big thank you for all your feedback this week. As you can hopefully see, it really has driven positive changes in the design!

We don't want to reveal too many pictures yet, since we're still in the early stages of the project, but we thought we'd include this just to show you what happens when the graphics haven't quite been erm... refined... yet!

5sgBuS4l.png

And finally, as usual we've picked out a few questions from your feedback:

Will the chances be higher for hard mode?

Yes! The chances for pet drops will also vary based on how long it takes to kill the boss, etc.

Will current kill count be taken into consideration?

Mod Ryan answered this in the thread, but putting it here for visibility :) - we will take into account previous kill counts, tracked since our Soul Reaper pre-release earlier this year.

Will these require Summoning?

Nope.

-

The information above is subject to change during development.

Mods Ana, Ryan, Hunter, Pi, Stu O and AoB

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

If you want to avoid the large groups of players thing, just give each player a 1/x chance when in a group of x...or maybe slightly more because it requires coordination and more effort with a group.  Looks interesting though.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I want a tormented demon pet. :(

Conspiracy: this is why they decided to make TDs a 'normal monster.' So they wouldn't have to spend time making the BEST PET EVER.

Just... no.

Best pet ever is going to be the edimmu pet.

That and if they ever do a bloodveld pet for that one guy in our community with a near obsession with bloodvelds.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Who cares?

Soon, I'll be able to cosplay as Nex, while killing Nex with my mini Nex.

I will finally be complete.

• Like 5

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I want a tormented demon pet. :(

Conspiracy: this is why they decided to make TDs a 'normal monster.' So they wouldn't have to spend time making the BEST PET EVER.

support. would be good

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Oh great, now I'm going to have to pvm again to get these pets.

Just as I was actually making progress towards maxing... :rolleyes:

Hype though

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Apparently the edimmu is dropping a blood necklace. This necklace has the same effects, but only with creatures in combat with you. The november bts said an ungrade for certain necklaces. So i think it might be a necklace that can stand alone AND be combined with other necklaces. Im curious if we will get 'bloody' versions of the arcane stream, farsight, berserker necklaves and amulet of soul? Why does this update seem very OP?

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I would like to see the upgrade go to the dungeon necks... Let there be a seperation between the hydrix and dungeon ones. Getting a new BIC every other month isn't good. There needs to be alternatives,

I would like to see the upgrade go to the dungeon necks... Let there be a seperation between the hydrix and dungeon ones. Getting a new BIC every other month isn't good. There needs to be alternatives,

As far as i know, that is what they discussed for it. I'm guessing you'll just need the 3 upgraded saradomin necklaces plus a rare drop component from edimmu to make it.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

And that is fine. If they keep having us upgrade what we have into something better, then what we have before is irrelevant.

Look at the DG ammys, magic in particular

Before they were changed to require the sara ammy + DG item to make, the hiss was slightly inferior to arcane steam. It was not bad compared to it by a long shot, but it was a few points lower than it.

That said, one could do DG and get something slightly better, or pay some money for something slightly worse..

Another example with magic amulets...

Dragon rider is +30 hybrid, +10 prayer, and it buffs a magic ability

Hiss is +36 magic

Steam is +44 magic

Souls is +46 magic buffs soul split, and degrades

For someone who is poor, they may only be able to afford the hiss, and that would be the best they could use.

Steam is outclassed by souls, but souls degrades.. However it buffs soul split, so as long as you do not mind about degrades, it is BIC perios

But, if you are say, tanking, are not doing a lot of DPS, and are not soul splitting, then clearly dragonrider is best, as it gives a huge prayer and slightly buffs dragonbreath.

On that note, I hope the t80 crystal weapons have the potential to be better than T90s, if you have high agility :p

On that note, I hope the t80 crystal weapons have the potential to be better than T90s, if you have high agility :P

I think with high agility they should be on par with T85. I think that would be fair.

• Like 1

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

Depending on difficulty to obtain, yea

Perhaps they should mix things up, and release weapons that have damage values greater than T90, but much lower accuracy.

Or maybe something with almost 100% accuracy, but T70 damage

Depending on difficulty to obtain, yea

Perhaps they should mix things up, and release weapons that have damage values greater than T90, but much lower accuracy.

Or maybe something with almost 100% accuracy, but T70 damage

Isn't most everything t90 100% accuracy and t80 100% accuracy at most places as well? T80 with T85 capabilities at 99 agil sounds about right. T90 isn't super expensive anymore.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Some twitter teasers for the up-coming clue scroll rewards. Some of these you are going to go "... what the F..."

Effigy bag (I assume it really doesn't really hold effigies):

B1xc-fsCIAApCcI.png

Malevolent and noxious scythe dyed from left to right barrows, shadow and 3rd age:

Bm97Axv.jpg

Sirenic and ascension crossbows dyed from left to right shadow, third age and barrows:

4jNnqM2.png

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png