Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Ajv4eGW.png

Hmm...I wonder where they got the inspiration for this thing..(I was going to link a picture of Steelix (pokemon), but then the whitelisted sites thing got me :().

crJgG.png

Source: http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/101/6/3/Steelix_by_Xous54.png

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Ajv4eGW.png

Hmm...I wonder where they got the inspiration for this thing..(I was going to link a picture of Steelix (pokemon), but then the whitelisted sites thing got me :().

That picture shows you how out of touch Mod Pi is. No one is going to risk that sort of gear in the wilderness, especially when PK'ers will no doubt camp this spot hard. I sure hope he didn't do the combat testing for that Wildy Wurm with gear that 99% of people won't be using. It should have been tested with welfare/WBS gear, as that's the only thing anyone will bother risking.

Another ninja teaser out... this one being substantially smaller and less desirable in my opinion.

zzQUByv.png

It should be a friend's message (like Of Daemonheim,or the Defeater is, but not a global message). This is yet another instance in recent weeks of things that should have obviously been added on the update release (like storage for Ghost armour/Expert Capes), but instead they aren't, and then a few weeks they are Ninja'ed in; almost seems like they are making things in such a way as to to fix em later.

On a related note, 74/100 Kilns atm.

• Like 1

They should make wilderness wyrms randomly spawn across the wilderness in groups. These groups should offer increased drops due to the risk and have fast spawns and an 'enrage' mechanic. They should also do wilderness boarder spawns with regular drops. These ones should have slower spawns. They can have the bloodwood tree announce their "rumblings." I was thinkjng they could do a slayer D&D with them.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

That picture shows you how out of touch Mod Pi is. No one is going to risk that sort of gear in the wilderness, especially when PK'ers will no doubt camp this spot hard. I sure hope he didn't do the combat testing for that Wildy Wurm with gear that 99% of people won't be using. It should have been tested with welfare/WBS gear, as that's the only thing anyone will bother risking.

Am I the only one who's wondering how they'll add the tasks in? Buying access like you would with glacors/nihil/TDs would probably be ideal, since just adding them to the lists kind of spits in the face of the idea that wilderness content is optional.

• Like 3

kind of spits in the face of the idea that wilderness content is optional.

Where the hell did you get that idea from? It's the dumbest idea that I have ever heard of.

Are you one of the guys who thought PVM was optional content before Soul Reaper?

• Like 1

kind of spits in the face of the idea that wilderness content is optional.

Where the hell did you get that idea from? It's the dumbest idea that I have ever heard of.

Are you one of the guys who thought PVM was optional content before Soul Reaper?

No need to be that abrasive towards ALG. Also, PVP content has indeed been considered 'optional' for the past 5-6 years, ever since 2007 when the Wilderness was sort of closed, the Pking community diminished as those players left RS, and an emphasis on skilling/maxing/PVM was instead place; even when some Pkers returned, they more or less went to OSRS - Jagex has more or less slowly but surely shifted the focus of the game away from PVP entirely. So there's plenty of precedent that Jagex has set over the years.

Then what is it? I'm just going off of the ~10 years of being told that every time someone brought up clue scrolls.

edit: in the sense that it's "don't like, don't play" and usually follows through on that promise - forcing it for a high-end slayer task breaks that balance.

Shifting focus does not make it 'optional content'.

Yes it is. They have completely trivialized PVP content, diminished it, neglected it, and removed it as mainstream Runescape activity. It still exists, but it was more or less a niche activity that you could do if you wanted, and nothing more. It's like staking. Yes it exists, but it's a marginal and niche activity that is very much optional and a not a focus of the game in any sense.

Yes it is. They have completely trivialized PVP content, diminished it, neglected it, and removed it as mainstream Runescape activity. It still exists, but it was more or less a niche activity that you could do if you wanted, and nothing more. It's like staking. Yes it exists, but it's a marginal and niche activity that is very much optional and a not a focus of the game in any sense.

You forgot about "completely destroyed by the mighty destruction hammer of Jagex".

But yeah, I fully agree. PvP is as alive as a pet rock.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Don't you think it's time to change that and stop neglecting something with so much potential?

Don't you think it's time to change that and stop neglecting something with so much potential?

Support, let's revive Trouble Brewing
  • Like 7

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

No. There's no potential in PVP. Jagex killed off PVP a long time ago, and most of the PVP'ers left. Since then, people have been conditioned to do mostly other stuff (either skilling, or PVM, and most of the people who PVM only do so in order to make money to buy skills/ranks in addition to having fun). So yeah, by and the large, the people who play now aren't PVP'ers and don't like it. Forcing them into PVP situations isn't going to revive PVP, and it will only serve to annoy and hassle most players. PVP is dead and it ain't coming back.

so, if you barricade, all the damage barricade blocks would be damage mitigated.  ditto with devotion, etc.  When I suggested the hiscore I knew Jagex would know what I meant, but I was hoping they would explain it before polling.  As is, it has no chance to win lol.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

so, if you barricade, all the damage barricade blocks would be damage mitigated.  ditto with devotion, etc.  When I suggested the hiscore I knew Jagex would know what I meant, but I was hoping they would explain it before polling.  As is, it has no chance to win lol.

Isn't it kind of flawed anyway? What you probably meant was damage avoided by defensive abilities, but as is, damage avoided by armor, defense level and special effects(levi, spirit shields) should also count, although i don't think jagex can easily track all that.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.