Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

I don't see a fresh Treasure Hunter promotion this week.  Did I miss it, or do we panic now?

Just kidding, but I'm going to guess there's nothing since the previous one runs through this weekend.

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Also why do they keep repeating that the players didn't want to directly face an elder god, but wanted to discover only a little bit. They say it so often that it almost looks like they think it is not obvious. We want mystery, like how it worked with the zaros quests, and with the elven quests.

Mainly because this quest's direction was the result of a PttP poll, so they're kind of stressing that. Although, one could argue that  of the ones  that cared overall they did want to face an elder god, since the final results were

37% - Researching the Elder Gods (49210 votes) 
21% - Bik and the Oceans (27906 votes) 
18% - Don't Mind/Not Interested (24145 votes) 
17% - Ful and the TzHaar (23156 votes) 
07% - Wen and the Dwarves (9934 votes)

So, overall 45% wanted to face an Elder God right away, they just couldn't agree which. So while players did choose research and to start off low (my personal choice as well) its not at all obvious that the playerbase as a whole wanted another build-up like elves or zaros quest.
  • Like 2

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

I never interpretted the poll as directly meeting the gods in any of the options. To me it meant a quest in which we learnt a lot about one particular god for the specific 3 options. Or learn a little about them all in the research quest. So yes its strange to me them saying we chose not to meet a god.

That kind of poll is the ones that annoy me.

It should've been poll A basic form of quest - meet an elder god vs don;t meet an elder god.

Then if meet won poll B could've been bik or ful or wen.

Because instead of judging do we wanna meet a god or research a god and THEN work out which god they set meeting a god up to fail by dividing people who want that outcome between 3 options whilst the 'research' wanters were all clustered onto one option making it the obvious winner.

It's kinda like polling a group of 100 people

Do you want to get some M&Ms?

Yes blue ones!

Yes Green ones!

Yes red ones!

No!

I don't care

Then not giving anyone M&Ms because 37 said no you don't do it even though 45 people did want M&Ms in some form or other.

Also @Blofield then you did not read the polls full details properly. They were pretty clear you'd be meeting another elder god on all bar the research option.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Also why do they keep repeating that the players didn't want to directly face an elder god, but wanted to discover only a little bit. They say it so often that it almost looks like they think it is not obvious. We want mystery, like how it worked with the zaros quests, and with the elven quests.

Mainly because this quest's direction was the result of a PttP poll, so they're kind of stressing that. Although, one could argue that of the ones that cared overall they did want to face an elder god, since the final results were

37% - Researching the Elder Gods (49210 votes)

21% - Bik and the Oceans (27906 votes)

18% - Don't Mind/Not Interested (24145 votes)

17% - Ful and the TzHaar (23156 votes)

07% - Wen and the Dwarves (9934 votes)

So, overall 45% wanted to face an Elder God right away, they just couldn't agree which. So while players did choose research and to start off low (my personal choice as well) its not at all obvious that the playerbase as a whole wanted another build-up like elves or zaros quest.

The poll you are referencing was actually finding out how a particular god effects the world. They specifically were asking how the respective elder gods effected the environment and the races they created.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

That kind of poll is the ones that annoy me.

It should've been poll A basic form of quest - meet an elder god vs don;t meet an elder god.

Then if meet won poll B could've been bik or ful or wen.

Because instead of judging do we wanna meet a god or research a god and THEN work out which god they set meeting a god up to fail by dividing people who want that outcome between 3 options whilst the 'research' wanters were all clustered onto one option making it the obvious winner.

It's kinda like polling a group of 100 people

Do you want to get some M&Ms?

Yes blue ones!

Yes Green ones!

Yes red ones!

No!

I don't care

Then not giving anyone M&Ms because 37 said no you don't do it even though 45 people did want M&Ms in some form or other.

Also @Blofield then you did not read the polls full details properly. They were pretty clear you'd be meeting another elder god on all bar the research option.

Thats still pretty flawed. There are definitely better ways to do it, but I think they'd need to throw out the First Past the Post System entirely.

Maybe go with a ranking system, or "choose all that apply", so you could actually see how many would want each type. 

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

I was under the impression that it was yet another "which of these should come first" poll.

It was, except it was also for the first quest in the elder god quest line. The research option was basically to start slow and build up, so if that wasn't chosen they pretty much couldn't go back and do that later. So, while all the others can still be done, the research one needed to win or it was pretty much out.

I don't see why they couldn't play an "Oh no, we went and chased down [elder god here] and something disaster struck!  We must do more research before we investigate the others" kind of storyline.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Elf City Batch 2 FAQ went up, and found the wording of this rather nice:

Now that Prifddinas itself has been completed, what other elven updates will you work on? We know that there will be Seren spells and prayers, as well as a Tirannwn task set, but are there other Elven updates that we expect to be released in the nearby future?

Mod Osborne: The Elf City was decided largely by you guys, so it’s important that you get a say in what you want improved or changed. That’s the stage we’re at now – deciding what should be changed, forming a forum post to tell you, and then bringing the changes out over the weeks or in one larger batch of changes. You’ll hear more this week. These changes are separate from the Task Set, coming out this year, and the spells and prayers, which will be out next year.

Seems that we'll be getting the elf land tasks by the end of the year :D

• Like 1

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Some of the tasks were leaked on r/runescape:

Here’s the list as it stands, though it may change considerably before release:

“--Complete 500 laps of the Hefin agility course to unlock the title ‘the But-I-Already-Have-99-Agilityer’.

--Talk to Arianwyn while wearing a completed Seren symbol. For additional rewards, sell your max stacks of snape grass and cups of tea.

--Create one of each type of crystal weapon. Never use them.

--Mix a wyrmfire potion from scratch within the Iorwerth district while skeletal wyverns are on your blocked assignments list.

--Catch a crystal impling that somebody else spawned.

--Follow Mod Raven on Twitter.

--Take a gnome glider to the far corner of Prifddinas instead of using the free, unlimited teleport right to the center of the city.

--Plant a second crystal acorn (HINT: if you are having trouble obtaining one as a very rare reward from skilling, remember that you can always max a second account to claim another for free).

--Figure out where we moved Eluned.

--Claim all 14 pot lid chronicles from firing pot lids in the Ithell pottery oven.”

All in all I think it’s a pretty fair set, should take a while to complete but keep in mind being able to claim those 80 battlestaves a day without having to walk through the disgusting low-level peasant filth in Varrock will be well worth the time.

• Like 5

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Some of the tasks were leaked on r/runescape:

Here’s the list as it stands, though it may change considerably before release:

“--Complete 500 laps of the Hefin agility course to unlock the title ‘the But-I-Already-Have-99-Agilityer’.

--Talk to Arianwyn while wearing a completed Seren symbol. For additional rewards, sell your max stacks of snape grass and cups of tea.

--Create one of each type of crystal weapon. Never use them.

--Mix a wyrmfire potion from scratch within the Iorwerth district while skeletal wyverns are on your blocked assignments list.

--Catch a crystal impling that somebody else spawned.

--Follow Mod Raven on Twitter.

--Take a gnome glider to the far corner of Prifddinas instead of using the free, unlimited teleport right to the center of the city.

--Plant a second crystal acorn (HINT: if you are having trouble obtaining one as a very rare reward from skilling, remember that you can always max a second account to claim another for free).

--Figure out where we moved Eluned.

--Claim all 14 pot lid chronicles from firing pot lids in the Ithell pottery oven.”

All in all I think it’s a pretty fair set, should take a while to complete but keep in mind being able to claim those 80 battlestaves a day without having to walk through the disgusting low-level peasant filth in Varrock will be well worth the time.

Keep in mind my post is in good spirit and humor, but you are so, so gullable. Thos is just a joke reddit thread.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I don't see why they couldn't play an "Oh no, we went and chased down [elder god here] and something disaster struck!  We must do more research before we investigate the others" kind of storyline.

The main point of contention at least on forums was whether to start the quest off slow and with low reqs, so new players could get a taste and it could build up well, or whether they should just right in with a semi-high levelled quest where you meet one of them immediately. While they could have done a research quest later, it wouldn't have fit the same purpose of introducing lower-levelled players to the idea of Elder Gods and its hard to go back and start off slow when the first quest in the series starts with you meeting one. Thats why I like that FotG will not be a req for this one, so theoretically the quest line can start before any new players have even heard of the Elder Gods. 

Interesting that they made both Araxxor and Araxxi pets.

Wonder if KQ will get variants or transform of some description. Also whether Araxxor, QBD and KK will get their colouration variants.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

At 4 pm BST there will be a RSTV event on the runescape twitch discussing ports adventurers and elf city task system. If anyone can outline it for the community it would be greatly appreciated. If not then i will just have to trawl through the forums, reddit, etc. To put something together.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Information regarding the elf city task set thanks to "World Event":

Easy Task Set Rewards

-Tirannwn Quiver 1 (Ammo slot item resembling an arrow bag for rangers)
- Acts as a chime
-Helps through leaf traps
-Makes fighting mourners easier
-Has a teleport ability to teleport players to locations in the Elven Lands 5 times per day (2 Locations unlocked per task set, 1 after the Elite set) (Elf Camp, Harmony Pillars, Tyras Camp, Eluned, Poison Waste, Death Altar) (This isn't the exact order of their unlocks.)

-Option to sell limestone to an npc named Meredith
-Claim free swamp tar from the Lletya general store
-Xp Lamp

Medium Task Set Rewards

-Tirannwn Quiver 2
-Can pass through poisonous traps without worry
-Fight Shadow Creatures easier
-Teleport to Tyras Camp and Poison Waste Dungeon

-A new mushroom patch inbetween Tyras Camp and the poisonous waste
-Use less charges when using your crystal shield/bow
-Claim up to 30 free swamp tar per day from the Lletya general store
-Grenwalls will no longer need their traps baited
-Xp Lamp

Hard Task Set Rewards

-Tirannwn Quiver 3
-More moss from Harmony Pillars
-Seren stone cleansing easier
-Earned Lord Amlodd's favor and he will be more generous when cashing in shards
-An npc named Bronwyn will cash in divination chronicles
-An npc named Lunet will sell you extra battlestaves
-Xp Lamp

Also, if you listen closely the J mods stated that there is a damage boost for each tier set, so first mourners, then shadows, then elves, then Dark beast. (The elves and Dark beast weren't shown in the dialogue of the stream, but I think they'll still happen.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Grenwalls gonna be made op hunter training if you don't need bait me thinks.

I mean the only thing really keeping them behind draconic jads is the effort involved in baiting.

For me one thing from the stream that kinda optimises Jmod relations to the actualy gameplay:

They were surprised that you can't keepsake attuned crystal gear and thought it was already working...despite the fact a butt ton of the feedback thread was asking for them to be made keepsakeable 

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Why is Jagex so obsessed with swamp tar? Why do we get it from pp-ing elves? Why is it a task reward?

Also, need moar chimes for tasks that everyone have on their block list.