Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

The thing is .. there are only few skilling activities that might classify as somewhat fun (Pyramid Plunder, Brimhaven for agility, the Charm Sprites maybe) but everytime they have to release a new area for skilling they get back to the same old stuff (I am still expecting advanced Brimhaven)

Dom tower and zam hiest discussion with the dukes on twitch going on now. If anyone would like to transcribe it please do so! Thanks.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

PvMScape confirmed forever.

Lol PvM is more fun anyways... :)

I enjoy PVM as much as anyone else (I have engaged with practically all PVM content in the game in some form), and even I think it'd be nice if skilling was profitable. I thought the GP for Elf Thieving was fine but I knew sooner or later Jagex would give their antiquated "ZOMG, TEH INFLATION" response and nerf it.

What design goal is accomplished by forcing players to break for banking that isn't already accomplished by forcing players to switch clans when they get caught? Did they just forget that that's a thing that already happens? I mean, seriously, what?

"we won't introduce new holiday rares"

*introduces holiday rares*

They backed off that statement last year/two years ago.  I remember reading something in the FAQ along the lines of "Tradeable rares will be fun!!11"

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Jagex says: new tradeable Christmas rares!

All hell may now break loose...

Complete fail. like seriously. I'd rather fail my next 3 scroll voyage missions than see this crap again. Hope I don't jinx myself! :unsure:

More old-school than you know...

battlethingz.png

Proud Member of The Slayer's Guild since April 7th 2009.
Skill Total Goal Complete: 2500 - November 12th 2014.
Goal Total Experience: 338,895,206 - Goal complete November 2nd 2014.
Next Goal Experience: 1,000,000,000 -
Personal Kalphite Queen Guide
Follow My PoP Blog!

this pile of snow vaguely resembles a pile of something else

the joke is not lost on me

The bit that's even worse is the *plop* sound when you deposit in your bank..

Jagex says: new tradeable Christmas rares!

All hell may now break loose...

Complete fail. like seriously. I'd rather fail my next 3 scroll voyage missions than see this crap again. Hope I don't jinx myself! :unsure:

I'll hold you to that!

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

this pile of snow vaguely resembles a pile of something else

the joke is not lost on me

Where is Tony Montana when you need him?

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Zamorak Heist and Dominion Tower Reddit overview:

Dominion Tower:

- Next week's update

- 5-man survival mode with a high scores table

- Better dreadnips, Dom marker & Medallion

- Added the newer quest bosses

- No completionist requirements

- Updated audio

- Some bosses have their specials/environment use removed but have higher LP/Damage (Chaos Dwarves, Zenevivia, minion summons)

- Boss-specific items not required (eg Silverlight) but are still useful (I.E. Vanstrom takes extra damage from Blisterwood and antifire vs Elvarg)

- Orbs can spawn that give buffs or debuffs. Volatile orbs are wild card orbs that can be buff or debuff. One such buff is unlimited Adrenaline.

- New boss spawns every 30 seconds capped based on # of players (doesn't decrease as players die)

- Cannot have multiple of the same boss spawned at once

- Windstorms randomly spawn (Same as HM Armadyl)

- Sunfreet can spawn

- Older quest bosses will be reworked by Ninja team in the future

- Updated Desert Treasure bosses (2 on release, 2 a little after)

- Before and after of Desert Treasure bosses:

Fareed: 

denxp.jpg

denz6.jpg

Kamil:

denEN.jpg

denGQ.jpg

Damis:

denmG.jpg

densz.jpg

denuW.jpg

Rewards for Dominion Tower:

- More XP from Reward Book

- Higher tier Medallion (Kill 1800 bosses)with more teleports, boosts stats within Arena. Universal accuracy buff to all attacks both in and outside the Tower

- Survivor title (Survive for 45min in a 4+ man Rumble)

- Dominon Marker 5

- 3 types of Dreadnips (Magic/Range/Melee) with higher damage and uses the new familiar AI

Bosses added:

- Vanstrom

- Char

- Apep and Heru

- Khazard and Lucien

- Dawn

- Zemouregal and Enakhra

- Yelps

- Dragon Hunters

- Echo of Jas

- Chaos Grimsson and Hreidmar

- Lol

- Nial Swiftfling

Zamorak Heist:

- Intermediate Quest

- Missing Presumed Death Sequel

- Zamorak wants Stone of Jas after Missing Presumed Death

- Intermediate

- Where: Daemonheim/Floor 61

- When: Q1 2015

- Jerrod the Werewolf plays a big part of the quest/heist team (character from book)

- Features Nomad (from Poll), Bilrach and Moia

- Not voice acted

Team's next project is Easter

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Well at least we get floor 61, though I wish it would have been with a saga showing the end of Marmaros and Thok's journey.

I am interested jn who this white robed figure was... i am guessing bilrach has more to do in the quest since he wasnt killed.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

- Update 02/12/2014

This is a rather short update to inform you of a few changes we've made based on player feedback.

You'll be pleased to know that we have stripped out all the code that allowed you to purchase a random pet from Death's store. After reading through the feedback we understand that it would devalue the achievement for those that have spent a long time killing the boss as another player may have only killed it once and then bought it from the store.

We also believe that if you want a specific pet enough you'll be more than happy to spend the time killing the boss to obtain it - I assure you, it's definitely worth it!

This should allow the pets to stay prestigious and it'll mean if you see another player with a pet you'll know they spent a long time earning it. This should also give those that aren't into bossing something to work towards whilst they're learning and improving on their PvM skills. :)

We've also added a handy little feature that allows you to see how many kills another player has on a specific boss by interacting with their pet!

9W1uhHQ.png

Interacting with another players Kalphite King!

This is the last addition to the dev blog so thank you for helping us through the development process and we hope you're looking forward to the release as much as we are!

P.S - I honestly have no idea what the ???'s are at the bottom of the pet table... ;)

-

The information above is subject to change during development.

Mods Ana, Ryan, Hunter, Pi, Stu O and AoB

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

This should allow the pets to stay prestigious and it'll mean if you see another player with a pet you'll know they spent a long time earning it.

I can't be the only one who's sick of them getting rid of user-friendly features because a handful of players told them it's more "prestigious" to get lucky or slog through broken mechanics for a couple hundred hours.
  • Like 4

This should allow the pets to stay prestigious and it'll mean if you see another player with a pet you'll know they spent a long time earning it.

I can't be the only one who's sick of them getting rid of user-friendly features because a handful of players told them it's more "prestigious" to get lucky or slog through broken mechanics for a couple hundred hours.

It is beyond tiresome.

By all means uber top end gear or cosmetic variants of top end gear that are rarer should be prestigious and all that.

But tiny little fun cosmetic things have no frigging reason to be prestigious or force us to play for hours upon hours upon hours to get.

Oh great you limit the boss pets to people who spend all their time pvming endlessly to get them GREAT because we all know how hardcore pvmers like to have pets out behind them instead of a useful familiar...

It's like they want these pets to sit gathering dust and never be seen. Surely if they are SO awesome and SO cool you ought to WANT them to be seen a lot by making the little cosmetic fun item as available as possible to all players, within reason.

It's not like its even just these kind of things now even holiday items that are a bit of fun that used to take maybe 30 mins having a bit of fun at an event are becoming 'you must play every day for the entire holiday period in order to obtain this useless item that looks xmassy and therefore its appropriate to wear for about 5 days after you can actually obtain it and will inevitably be entirely forgotten by most players by next year'

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I also find it interesting how selective their hearing is (the ninja team in particular). I really didn't see that many people complaining about having an option to pay a very large amount of reaper points for a pet, yet they changed it to make it more 'prestigious'. Literally thousands of people complained about including Vorago and Rots in the reaper title requirement, and yet they ignored the feedback. 

I think it would be better to have a mechanic you can buy a random pet with reaper points,  but it will only give ones  that you have killed more a certain amount of (say 20-50+). That way you have a more guaranteed way of getting ones for the bosses you have killed , but at the same time you wouldn't be able to get a Nex pet if you'd never killed it. That would keep the more prestigious pets rarer.

I feel like a big flaw with the Jagex listening process is under estimating the older loyal player base.

So many of us have been around with the game far far longer than the majority of the jmods now and most of us have far more day to day interaction with the community and the game on a large scale.

The simple truth is - Those of us who have been around since near the beginning understand the game far better than most of the devs do. You can see time and time again in threads we predict obvious potential flaws with updates and concepts that seem messy and not fitting with the game and time and time again these flaws are there in the release resulting in broken game play or the concepts don't work and the content dies.

I feel like they could benefit from having a purpose built forum/beta testing system for players who have been around for a long time AND have over a certain amount of playtime. As long as they actually listened to what the majority said and not just the responses they like.

I mean an overall beta system for more updates would go a hell of a long way regardless of other limitations/special betas.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The God Wars Pets will be super easy to obtain, so I think you'll be fine, @ Sy.

The God Wars pets in Old School are a 1 in 5,000 drop, just for reference.

That's also the drop rate (I personally talked to Mod Ryan about this) in RS3. At one point it was going to be a guaranteed drop at the 5,000th kill, but then they decided to can that idea, and that if you meet the drop rate and you don't get the drop, it will be halved. So if you do 5,000 Bandos Kills, and no pet, then the drop rate for you will be 1/2500, 1/1250, 1/675...

Personally, I favored the guaranteed model, but whatever. In any case, God Wars in RS3 is nothing like OSRS. You can use instances in RS3, and you can camp them indefinitely with all the gear, abilities, potions, familiars and other facilities available thanks to power creep. It's not a big deal at all. In fact, God Wars is so easy in RS3 that people actually use it as a training method ever since the advent of fast instances. So yeah. If you're an average high level player, you will easily be able to get a God Wars Pets if you'd like.

The decision to keep it prestigious (much like in OSRS) wasn't unreasonable IMO.